6DF44025-0ED3-4812-8067-A6CA558CA8E5.jpeg
3DF41E73-BC07-4221-876F-E8A2DFA0FF65.jpeg
3A7BCBDD-8F78-49BD-A798-3D9AF6C7EDFB.jpeg
4E6E22D7-393E-47DE-9971-9F3B6BB131F5.jpeg
BABB7D18-9DA6-45B8-857B-B75E28A84F94.jpeg
D07E9D04-0B6D-4BC4-BB9A-CA9C829C9618.jpeg
1DC058C4-9765-4C0F-A434-02CFC8A657B9.jpeg
ADC2261A-7829-482C-8907-F4D3BD2AFA87.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can’t resist- actually declaring me stupid? Really?
Simultaneously calling me stupid and nice. Pretty sneaky, you little rascal. Really clever way of saying it too.

you clearly are nice. you've had plenty of opportunities to call me an a$$hole, and you'd be well within your rights to do so, but you've taken the high road every time. serious respect for that.

and i'm honestly not calling you stupid, despite how it sounds. i'm calling what you did stupid. look, i do stupid things all the time (maybe sticking my nose into your for sale thread is a perfect example) yet i wouldn't consider myself stupid by any means. and i'm sure that's the case with you. just look how many people are vouching for you. as a matter of fact, we'd probably get along great if we meet in person, have a beer, and laugh together at the dumb-$h!t we've both done in our lives. so i get to poke fun.. and you get free bumps in your ad, while showing you're a man of integrity.

i'll stay out of this now, but let's leave it at i'm sorry that i was rude. but we both love pinball and i honestly wish you luck w the sale. it's the best Stern game ever made, IMHO.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

sure, $800 and 40-80 labor hours (min) by an experienced restorer, later. i wouldn’t want to do that.

Never said it was cheap or quick to do a PF swap. Just pointing out to those who say he ruined a LE that it's not true. I would be more concerned if the cabinet or backglass was ruined since those seem much harder to replace.

#53 4 years ago

I actually missed the issue being discussed the first time. Op have you looked at seeing if a cliffy could be bought for the VUK hole? I had one once in a TAF that looked that shape.
GLWTS.

#54 4 years ago

Couple fall thru’s and trade offers. It’s still available at 5900. If it doesn’t sell at 5900 I’ll just put it back to work.

#55 4 years ago

I feel the apron is the bigger issue, not sure if that's available but if buyer likes it no problem.

The playfield swap is not a big deal for many here. Not many SM blacks out there for sale. Much better game than many of these new LE Stern's.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I feel the apron is the bigger issue, not sure if that's available but if buyer likes it no problem.
The playfield swap is not a big deal for many here. Not many SM blacks out there for sale. Much better game than many of these new LE Stern's.

The 40-80 labor hours is less of a big deal than the apron?!?

Man —to me it’s crazy to buy this game if you care that much about a little missing wood to make a shot work correctly that you would replace the damn Playfield. If I wanted to make the shot reject again I’d just come up with a work-around or buy a different game.

Regarding the apron — looks great to me, don’t get the hate on it?? The obsession over minute details on here sometimes is just over the top when the game plays exactly the same with a stock apron or not.

Regarding the hole— no issues with chopped hole, if it’s your game you can do whatever the hell you want to it. Some things are more advisable than others if resale value is s concern of course- but that’s up to the owner to decide.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

The 40-80 labor hours is less of a big deal than the apron?!?
Man —to me it’s crazy to buy this game if you care that much about a little missing wood to make a shot work correctly that you would replace the damn Playfield. If I wanted to make the shot reject again I’d just come up with a work-around or buy a different game.
Regarding the apron — looks great to me, don’t get the hate on it?? The obsession over minute details on here sometimes is just over the top when the game plays exactly the same with a stock apron or not.
Regarding the hole— no issues with chopped hole, if it’s your game you can do whatever the hell you want to it. Some things are more advisable than others if resale value is s concern of course- but that’s up to the owner to decide.

At the time of the “surgery”, I never dreamed in a million years that I would A) become an operator B) sell this game. I don’t know what’s what anymore with this being a reposting but I’ve explained before that I did try a few things before going extreme. I didn’t just have one rejection and get out my chainsaw for Pete's sake. Everyone is different. I feel like I’m at a price now where the pf swap becomes somewhat of an option, especially if someone enjoys that sort of thing.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

At the time of the “surgery”, I never dreamed in a million years that I would A) become an operator B) sell this game. I don’t know what’s what anymore with this being a reposting but I’ve explained before that I did try a few things before going extreme. I didn’t just have one rejection and get out my chainsaw for Pete's sake. Everyone is different. I feel like I’m at a price now where the pf swap becomes somewhat of an option, especially if someone enjoys that sort of thing.

I wish you were close enough for me to make a trade offer.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I wish you were close enough for me to make a trade offer.

Appreciate that, but I’m not looking for trades. I have too many, trying to grow account and shrink inventory. I’m sure many can relate

#60 4 years ago

Crazy, I remember when BSM was something over $8000 bone stock. Can’t believe that this near-invisible functional mod is calling for such a big discount. You could slap a Cliffy on it and come out way ahead, if it bothered you.

What’s a bone stock nice BSM these days?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Crazy, I remember when BSM was something over $8000 bone stock. Can’t believe that this near-invisible functional mod is calling for such a big discount.

The days of $8k BSM's are long gone. When the VE's came out, the price on all SM's dropped a lot.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The days of $8k BSM's are long gone. When the VE's came out, the price on all SM's dropped a lot.

LE prices are down in general on older stern's. A BIBLE with a ton of mods recently took around a month to sell for $9500.

#63 4 years ago

Nothing against BK pro, fun game, fresh toy...- but look how good BSM looks next to it. No comparison in my opinion.

9235978E-ADE8-4A8C-9560-FC7FEA3830B4 (resized).jpeg9235978E-ADE8-4A8C-9560-FC7FEA3830B4 (resized).jpegD3292437-E3AA-4DC2-A43D-A4422E73170A (resized).jpegD3292437-E3AA-4DC2-A43D-A4422E73170A (resized).jpeg
#64 4 years ago

I’ve played this at ATLpb’s house. It’s simply the most beautiful SM I’ve ever seen, and the scoop mod is not even noticeable. If you prefer the original art and call outs (like I do), I can’t imagine a better example to snag. Plus those original SAM boards that you can actually work on.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Nothing against BK pro, fun game, fresh toy...- but look how good BSM looks next to it. No comparison in my opinion.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No comparison. Damn that's a sexy spidey.
Yet another wish I had more money.

#66 4 years ago

This is so tempting.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Wasn’t knocking your decision at all op, hope my post didn’t read that way. Game looks beautiful and if I was a spidey guy I’d be super interested in this. I think it’s crazy how much shit you got for that adjustment, and was just saying I support any owners doing whatever they want to their games. That’s why they own them. To enjoy as they see fit. It’s not like you set it on fire for a vintage look or something.. although if you had wanted to, also your prerogative lol

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Wasn’t knocking your decision at all op, hope my post didn’t read that way. Game looks beautiful and if I was a spidey guy I’d be super interested in this. I think it’s crazy how much shit you got for that adjustment, and was just saying I support any owners doing whatever they want to their games. That’s why they own them. To enjoy as they see fit. It’s not like you set it on fire for a vintage look or something.. although if you had wanted to, also your prerogative lol

Thanks. Prerogative. Such a weird word

#69 4 years ago

I have a chromed out BSM as well and the pictures don’t do it justice. They’re beautiful in person. Great game, great price. GLWS.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I have a chromed out BSM as well and the pictures don’t do it justice. They’re beautiful in person. Great game, great price. GLWS.

Thanks. It really does put many other games to shame on looks. I believe chrome looks best when it is the 3rd or 4th main “color”, so it’s perfect on BSM.

#71 4 years ago

3 offers at 6+

but yet its still for sale cheaper than all 3 offers!!!

#72 4 years ago

3 offers at 6+

#73 4 years ago

How constructive of you. Have you ever sold a pinball machine before? Particularly one that’s $4, 5k+ Etc? The more expensive it is the more you get fall-thru’s.

Not gonna buy? Not gonna say anything helpful, why post?

7026CE43-124E-4151-A334-DD89D98C0B81.jpeg7026CE43-124E-4151-A334-DD89D98C0B81.jpeg
#74 4 years ago

Yet another thread where you get numerous examples of why people avoid the forum option when selling. Some of you folks are just odd in your desire to attack others for absolutely no reason. My reputation speaks for itself and yet I still get attacked in my passionate hobby’s community. Just pointing it out. The loud minority seem to be more and more a problem on pinside with each passing year.

#75 4 years ago

Sold locally. Man I’m gonna miss getting attacked on the internet for my choice(s) and opinions.

#76 4 years ago

Best way to look at this...imagine it’s a $5k BSM with over $1k in mods, most of them “must have” like ColorDMD, upgraded speakers, etc...and honestly I think the chrome is amazing on this pin.

#77 4 years ago

Congrats on the sale. I regret not pulling the trigger.

#78 4 years ago

I’m glad it stayed local. Congrats to the buyer!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.50
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-bsm-drop-dead-gorgeous/page/2?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.