(Topic ID: 83631)

FS: BSD in 01475 MA $1800. Final price drop (SOLD)

By bjoechamp

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Snowyetti
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2824.jpg
IMG_0726.jpg
IMG957413.jpg
IMG_7991.jpg
image-316.jpg
bidding_paddle_xlarge.jpeg
Iphone march 2014 105.JPG
Iphone march 2014 099.JPG
Iphone march 2014 101.JPG
Iphone march 2014 089.JPG
Iphone march 2014 100.JPG
Iphone march 2014 098.JPG
Iphone march 2014 095.JPG
Iphone march 2014 102.JPG
Iphone march 2014 104.JPG
Iphone march 2014 103.JPG

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

Doh, then I'll have two BSD's...

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Doh, then I'll have two BSD's...

But at least you won..

#103 6 years ago

Ridiculously low price.....how is this still for sale.....makes no sense.....nice pin GREAT PRICE !!!

GLWS !!!

#104 6 years ago

Don't ask me. When I was looking last year you couldn't find any locally let alone under the 2 mark

#105 6 years ago

Sorry, Joe. For $1800, just - wow.

#106 6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time for a phone call Joe. : )

Roland

#107 6 years ago

I don't get it... for a title as popular as this? What's the hesitation.. a little planking? How much work/cost for items would this take to get it pristine?

#108 6 years ago

I agree with malibumaven...I can't believe that anyone would pass the game over the issues the OP described. The vast majority of games out there have issues...for $1800, someone is getting a solid title. If they take the time to strip it down, wax it up, make sure the flippers are strong, and get some kick-____ lighting in there, this game is going to light them up!!!

#109 6 years ago

It's a shame so many of these PF's exhibited this planking issue on BSD's. The op's done a good job detailing this, but in the end, many search out the ones that don't have this issue. They are surprisingly harder to get without planking than many think.

The hesitation in buying is most certainly the planking. PF wear/issues is #1 for most.

#110 6 years ago

I believe the one at Pinfest went for $1,700 but that's not including tax, yada, and shipping so this one for $1,800 is on target. Not sure of the condition of the one in TX.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's a shame so many of these PF's exhibited this planking issue on BSD's. The op's done a good job detailing this, but in the end, many search out the ones that don't have this issue. They are surprisingly harder to get without planking than many think.
The hesitation in buying is most certainly the planking. PF wear/issues is #1 for most.

I said the same and was nearly burned at the stake for pooping all over this dudes thread.Once again I agree with pf thing

#112 6 years ago

SOLD. Thanks Jon.

#113 6 years ago

This is not a CQ game and is not advertised or priced as such. Does the planking affect game play? If not, who really cares, it's just minor fissures in the wood. It will not get worse if it isn't exposed to moisture. More important that the game plays 100% and is in good overall condition (good strong flippers, boards are clean, no battery damage, burnt connectors, switches and coils work as they should, plastics in tact, strong dmd, etc.). If all that is good, it's a bargain.

If this had LEDs and some mods, it might be closer to 2300-2500.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

SOLD. Thanks Jon.

Thank god

#115 6 years ago

yeah! congrats seller and new owner!

#116 6 years ago

Yeah now you can move on to destroying the next FS thread

I kid, I kid...

But seriously you owe Joe a few hundred bucks

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

I said the same and was nearly burned at the stake for pooping all over this dudes thread.Once again I agree with pf thing

That's a bit melodramatic. Nobody burned anyone at the stake, it just wasn't a cool way to go about it.
It's kind of like asking how far along someone is in their pregnancy, when they're not pregnant.

props to the OP!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah now you can move on to destroying the next FS thread
I kid, I kid...
But seriously you owe Joe a few hundred bucks

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

That's a bit melodramatic. Nobody burned anyone at the stake, it just wasn't a cool way to go about it.
It's kind of like asking how far along someone is in their pregnancy, when they're not pregnant.
props to the OP!

The game was not pregnant it was planking and the op owes me for devaluing my game. Listing it for way undervalue IMO taking far to long to sell lol pooping on threads atleast keeps them on the top Oh well it sold on to the next thread......................for me to poop on!!!!!!!!!!

#119 6 years ago

It's no surprise on here, Pinside is more known for thread crapping and time wasting and angry middle school cliques and whining than even Neo Geo forums. There is a snide remark on every thread almost unless you are buddies with half the people.

#120 6 years ago

I had recently talked to Joe about this machine. Hell of a nice guy. Glad that his machine sold. It really was a fair price. Nice game for whoever got it. Congratulations on the sale!

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

t's no surprise on here, Pinside is more known for thread crapping and time wasting and angry middle school cliques and whining than even Neo Geo forums. There is a snide remark on every thread almost unless you are buddies with half the people.

Was working on a snide remark to make about this post but came up with bupkis.

#122 6 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Roland. You ever sell that nice JD? Maybe I could come by look at it and possibly help you get your Dracula up and going!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

Thanks for the kind words Roland. You ever sell that nice JD? Maybe I could come by look at it and possibly help you get your Dracula up and going!

I did end up selling the JD. Did not get as much as I would have liked, but it went to a great home where the new owner will appreciate it more than I will. As for my Dracula, I got it working. Turns out it was a ribbon cable. Funny how things work out. I just started restoring and shopping it today. You are welcome to come over anytime and play some pinball as a guest. I would not put you to work. LOL. Thanks for the offer.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

props to the OP!

agree.

#125 6 years ago

what sort of immature response is that. you dont need to visit this thread. and whats more, a needless comment.
and contrary to popular opinion (yours) the op owes you nothing. i guess you were only joking, but still ...... not cool.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

what sort of immature response is that. you dont need to visit this thread. and whats more, a needless comment.
and contrary to popular opinion (yours) the op owes you nothing. i guess you were only joking, but still ...... not cool.

Really gonna keep going with it really. :wall:I that's not cool talk about needless.

#127 6 years ago

Take it easy guys. It's a forum, and anything is open for debate over just posting to the market, that's the rules here - contrcutive comments about the state of the machine are fine, and this has been re-hashed at pinside many time. When person after person states "can't believe it's not sold" "why hasn't this sold yet???" when the reason is obvious, and someone nuts up and says it, so long as it's done tastefully, which it was, *I* think it's more rude to shit on that person for doing so.

The obvious answer was there was PF planking that was turning people off. Again, nothing against the op or his machine, he didn't do it, and he properly addressed the issues and showed it in photos.

But expecting everyone to ignore the elephant in the room, and to bitch about anyone who dares to mention it is what is flat out lame. No one said it was a piece of shit, a couple just made the comments on what the problem is. Fair enough in the forum.

Do we all have to fart rose pedals non stop here? Can people not be thumbed down for valid posts that have no ill intent towards others? Read a little more into the intent before crapping on others with comments and the thumbs down please.

#128 6 years ago

Meh, I was looking to buy this machine until RFM came up and that was that for me.

So basically when a non-owner says something that can in any way be interpreted as negative, the owners of the game show up and start going on the offensive. Whatev. I dropped it because it got - as almost all FS threads do here - out of hand. I would proudly have put that BSD in my gameroom.

Some retorts spoken in this thread came off as condescending and patronizing, and that was evident by the number of thumb downs that were passed out like candy on Halloween.

Did I speak too early with my "$1800 and no sale yet??" comment - sure - I'll admit it. That was a "ready fire aim" moment, and I'll fess up to it. Wonder how many other "That was wrong of me..." moments we'll get here.

Joe sold the machine; the buyer is presumably happy. Everyone who matters in this situation wins.

#129 6 years ago

It might have took awhile to sell, because....maybe....just maybe, BSD's don't sell for what you BSD owners would like them to sell at and think they are worth? Just a thought. Who would have thought that a pinside thread would be littered with overpriced quotes? I know it's rare.....but looks like this might be the case. It's not 18 months ago anymore. things are starting to go back to normal.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Take it easy guys. It's a forum, and anything is open for debate over just posting to the market, that's the rules here - contrcutive comments about the state of the machine are fine, and this has been re-hashed at pinside many time. When person after person states "can't believe it's not sold" "why hasn't this sold yet???" when the reason is obvious, and someone nuts up and says it, so long as it's done tastefully, which it was, *I* think it's more rude to shit on that person for doing so.
The obvious answer was there was PF planking that was turning people off. Again, nothing against the op or his machine, he didn't do it, and he properly addressed the issues and showed it in photos.
But expecting everyone to ignore the elephant in the room, and to bitch about anyone who dares to mention it is what is flat out lame. No one said it was a piece of shit, a couple just made the comments on what the problem is. Fair enough in the forum.
Do we all have to fart rose pedals non stop here? Can people not be thumbed down for valid posts that have no ill intent towards others? Read a little more into the intent before crapping on others with comments and the thumbs down please.

Thank you I agree well said sir.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside