14.jpg
BonFire 004.JPG
BonFire 005.JPG
BonFire 003.JPG
BonFire 002.JPG
BonFire 001.JPG
bonscott2.jpg
bonscott.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

We've been working on putting together a custom AC/DC translite for a client and are about to have them printed up. Here is a low res pic of the translite. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting one.

bonscott.jpgbonscott.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Now that's NICE. For the hardcore, old school AC/DC fan like myself, perfect! Really wish I had the pin to put it on.

#4 10 years ago

We actually have some canvas left over from an art show. We could do a print on canvas for a wall hanging. The image quality would probably hold up pretty well if you wanted to blow it up to 4'.

#5 10 years ago

Translite size would be ok. Price? I may have to really consider this.

#6 10 years ago

We still need to talk it over with our printer. He is in Boston at the moment but will be back next week. I'm trying to get a gauge on how many people are interested because he might cut us a break based on quantity.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

We still need to talk it over with our printer. He is in Boston at the moment but will be back next week. I'm trying to get a gauge on how many people are interested because he might cut us a break based on quantity.

Keep me informed,
Thanks

#8 10 years ago

We've been working on putting together a custom AC/DC translite for a client and are about to have them printed up. Here is a low res pic of the translite. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting one.

bonscott.jpg 45 KB

looks great!

Any copyright concerns with the logo?

#9 10 years ago

We did some research on the font before taking on the project and it turns out the artist that created it is still working on getting his proper rights and royalties. If he manages to win his battle we plan to reach out to him and give him his due. Here is an article with some of the back story.
http://www.brw.com.au/p/brw-lounge/hard_iconic_rock_cent_royalties_2rhL9ASh8C2HsZiQ8h0FCP

#10 10 years ago

Awesome! Looks great.

#11 10 years ago

I think it would look better without the "bon/fire" letters in the background, otherwise that thing is pretty damn sweet.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I think it would look better without the "bon/fire" letters in the background, otherwise that thing is pretty damn sweet.

I agree. Couldn't you just add Brian Johnson in the background too (after all he is ACDC today). I would be interested in that if you could make the change. Great work tho!

#13 10 years ago

I like the premium bg I have, and not a fan of all the cartoon boobs ones that have little to do with acdc, but since I love Bon Scott, I would be in for one of these.

#14 10 years ago

The bonfire lettering was at the request of the client but we can probably make up an alternate version without it. Thanks for the input!

#15 10 years ago

We are going to work on another variation with more band members highlighted in the composition but here is what this one looks like without the additional lettering.

bonscott2.jpgbonscott2.jpg
#16 10 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the variation with other band members! On a curious note, how do these install in my existing translite? I've never really looked at how hard or easy it would be to remove the existing art and replace with new art, I'll have to check that out.

#17 10 years ago

WAY better without the lettering!

#18 10 years ago

Looks better without the lettering, definitely. Brian Johnson's great, but Bon was better

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looking forward to seeing the variation with other band members! On a curious note, how do these install in my existing translite? I've never really looked at how hard or easy it would be to remove the existing art and replace with new art, I'll have to check that out.

Typically there is black plastic channelling that wraps around the glass. You just slide the four pieces off, replace the translite and then slide the channelling back on.

#20 10 years ago

Or you could order new plastic channel and a piece of glass, have both translites ready to go and swap them out occasionally...

#21 10 years ago

Okay, I think this is the first alt translite I've ever preferred to the original. Looks amazing! I'm going to need to see one in person when you guys get them back from the printer.

#22 10 years ago

We are going to work on another variation with more band members highlighted in the composition but here is what this one looks like without the additional lettering.
bonscott2.jpg 43 KB

PM me a price please - thanks

#23 10 years ago

WOW! Great job David. Although I love Brian Johnson way more than Scott. = v )

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Okay, I think this is the first alt translite I've ever preferred to the original.

Wow, and you apparently owned a LAH too.

#25 10 years ago

BadAzz Trans-lite brother ,, You Should sell Alot of them ... PM me the price mail'd to my door ..

Brian Johnson Rules ,, but Bon was the King of AC/DC

I believe Bon is talk-n about Gene Simmons near the end ,, Profitable guy

#26 10 years ago

If I didn't have a trade pending (potentially) on mine, I'd get this in a second. Nice job.

#27 10 years ago

BR, Nice clip, Bon Scott is Rock and Roll history cool as hell.

#28 10 years ago

Brian Johnson has been with the band 3X longer than Bon Scott. Most of the big hits are with Brian. Only the old school fans would even care. The difference between the 2 are minimal anyway. Brian is just fine and he's the one I remember for the most part anyway, since I was 7 when he came into the picture.

#29 10 years ago

to dark around the sides , especially the bottom

#30 10 years ago

Bon's band The Valentines (pre AC/DC):

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Put that on the translite.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Put that on the translite.

It would be the first game worthy of a LCD backbox.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

The Real Bon Scott:

#34 10 years ago

Yeah, I think Bon should have been featured instead of Luci. I really think that Luci is gawd awful and ridiculous looking and should have been dedicated to Bon in the first place.

#35 10 years ago

Great Bon Scott jingle for Coca-cola:

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Brian Johnson has been with the band 3X longer than Bon Scott. Most of the big hits are with Brian. Only the old school fans would even care. The difference between the 2 are minimal anyway. Brian is just fine and he's the one I remember for the most part anyway, since I was 7 when he came into the picture.

Other than BIB, which was written by Bon Scott prior to his death for the most part, I could care less about the other 30 years of ACDC. The Bon Scott Years were where all their best hits were, and is the gold o the band.

Brian Johnson was a good find to continue, but clearly their ability to write songs with Johnson diminished. Scott was saw Johnson somewhere prior to his death, and had noted to the Young's that this guy knew what it was about. It was a good fit given what happened, but their main hits, other than BIB, were almost solely 70s based.

#37 10 years ago

Nail on the head Atomicboy

#38 10 years ago

What could have been if Bon Scott had lived. Back in Black with Bon singing would have been amazing! I do agree with most of what you are saying Atomicboy. "For Those About to Rock" is the last AC/DC album I can listen all the way through without skipping tracks.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

The Real Bon Scott:
» YouTube video

I would say that the circumference of Bon Scott's waist is roughly 1/4 that of the average American in 2014.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

What could have been if Bon Scott had lived. Back in Black with Bon singing would have been amazing! I do agree with most of what you are saying Atomicboy. "For Those About to Rock" is the last AC/DC album I can listen all the way through without skipping tracks.

While I think Bon Scott was the better (many times often voted as the best voice in music, I personally thing Freddie Mercury, but apples in oranges), I wonder what it would have sounded like. You shook me all night long I don't think would have worked as well with Scott. I think if Bon Scott would have done BIB, which would have been if not for his death, I think it would have been a huge hit, but not as big as the second best selling album ever that it is since.

That album is what it is for Bon Scott's writing, and Johnson's vocals. I still like Scott better as a voice though, by far. I wish he was still around.

Anyway, I do want one of these alt's, someone make it happen.

#41 10 years ago

Looks Great! Keep us posted on the price!

#42 10 years ago

Freddie Mercury did have the best voice in rock and roll. Nobody could sing like Freddie. Followed by Steve Perry, Geoff Tate and Klaus Meine

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Freddie Mercury did have the best voice in rock and roll. Nobody could sing like Freddie. Followed by Steve Perry, Geoff Tate and Klaus Meine

I'd say Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickinson need to be on that short list.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd say Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickinson need to be on that short list.

Paul Rogers

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

While I think Bon Scott was the better (many times often voted as the best voice in music, I personally thing Freddie Mercury, but apples in oranges), I wonder what it would have sounded like. You shook me all night long I don't think would have worked as well with Scott. I think if Bon Scott would have done BIB, which would have been if not for his death, I think it would have been a huge hit, but not as big as the second best selling album ever that it is since.
That album is what it is for Bon Scott's writing, and Johnson's vocals. I still like Scott better as a voice though, by far. I wish he was still around.
Anyway, I do want one of these alt's, someone make it happen.

We will never know and can only assume that Johnson would sound better on Shook Me All night Long. I still think Bon Scott would have sounded better. Just listen to songs like "Girl's got Rhythm" It is about the same type of song. I still listen to Back and Black but not as much as Highway to Hell album. To me they both have the same type of energy (just my opinion) but I like Scott's vocals with Johnson being the best substitution for Back and Black and For Those About to Rock. Scott's vocals were never forced, falsetto or fake highpitched grovel like Johnson does on all the albums post 1985.

#46 10 years ago

IMO Brian Johnson screams where Bon Scott sang. It all depends on what you prefer.

#47 10 years ago

Please PM me. I'll take 3 Bon translite's as soon as available! Thanks.

#48 10 years ago

I'm really excited about all the positive feedback we've gotten on this translite. To everyone that PM'd or commented here requesting a price and copies of the translite I would like to thank you for your patience. We are going to be meeting with our printer tomorrow to discuss costs.

I placed an order last week for a material called polypropylene film and we are going to do some test prints out on this material to see how the translites look. I should have a few available at the Ohio Pinball Show for people to check out. I think the color and luminosity of this material should look pretty good unfortunately it is thinner than a typical translite material and we have some doubts about the durability over time.

I plan on doing some more research into the materials available before fulfilling any requests for translites. We want everyone that receives one of our translites to be 100% satisfied with the product. If anyone has info regarding distributors of thicker mil translucent material for Epson photographic ink jet printers let me know.

#49 10 years ago

A little background on the we I keep mentioning. Superelectric is a group of three fine artists, Nathaniel Murray, Ben Haehn, and myself(David Spasic). We have a printmaking/fine art studio here in Cleveland. In the last year or so we've been collecting and restoring pinball machines in addition to the other print work we do.

Every third Friday of the month we open up our studio to the public and give the community a chance to play all of our machines for free. We also host parties and tournaments in our space on other nights of the week. Our next upcoming tournament will be the Python Anghelo benefit on March 22nd.

This translite was a lot of fun and our first alternate translite. Currently we are working on a couple EM retheme's but are really interested in tackling some more alt translites. If you have any ideas you would love to see realized shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can make it happen. You can find more info about what we are up to here: http://superelectric.tv/

Thanks,
David

#50 10 years ago

Not sure how much you care, I don't. When buying my LE I called stern to find out if there would be a Bon image or dedication on the LTBR version, I was told Bon Scott's family own the rights to his image and they weren't allowed to... not sure if it matters to ya re the translite. If it was on the LTBR LE would have got that for sure... and agree with Atomicboy \m/

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-bon-scott-custom-acdc-translite?hl=crunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.