image-538.jpg
image-55.jpg
image-67.jpg
image.jpg
image-466.jpg
image-172.jpg
image-697.jpg
image-563.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Looks like your classic- buy and flip. Quick buy and flip.
Craigslist for sale a few days ago in area
detroit.craigslist.org link
Buy low- sale high- America's free enterprise at it's best.
GLWS- looks like a nice machine.

I almost bought that Blackout!

#52 10 years ago

Interesting how stories change. This machine was posted for $275 6 months ago. I went to look at it and after driving an hour to get there the owner tells me no the criagslist add was a mistake. It was supposed to be $1275. At the time it was described as sometimes working. The seller told me he paid $1275 for it a couple years ago and he didn't want to lose any money on it. He never said anything about HUO to me.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlizard:

Interesting how stories change. This machine was posted for $275 6 months ago. I went to look at it and after driving an hour to get there the owner tells me no the criagslist add was a mistake. It was supposed to be $1275. At the time it was described as sometimes working. The seller told me he paid $1275 for it a couple years ago and he didn't want to lose any money on it. He never said anything about HUO to me.

Not the same one...

#54 10 years ago

Night bump

#55 10 years ago

bump

#56 10 years ago

Reduced $2,400

#57 10 years ago

I'd list this on E-Bay or Craigslist if I were you, not seeming to get a lot of interest here on the forums at that price. Not trying to price police you here, just a friendly suggestion. Most pinball collectors are not on Pinside, and you are much more likely to find that person looking for a prime Blackout elsewhere. Best of luck with sale

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I'd list this on E-Bay or Craigslist if I were you, not seeming to get a lot of interest here on the forums at that price. Not trying to price police you here, just a friendly suggestion. Most pinball collectors are not on Pinside, and you are much more likely to find that person looking for a prime Blackout elsewhere. Best of luck with sale

Yeah, thanks that's always my next step..

#59 10 years ago

Bump

#60 10 years ago

I'd also accept trades on it..

#61 10 years ago

reduce to $2,300

#62 10 years ago

PM'ing an Offer for your consideration.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

PM'ing an Offer for your consideration.

Just responded to email.

#64 10 years ago

Sold.. Thanks for everyone's interest...

1 month later
#65 10 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Looks like your classic- buy and flip. Quick buy and flip.
Craigslist for sale a few days ago in area
detroit.craigslist.org link
Buy low- sale high- America's free enterprise at it's best.

Yep...That's the sucker I bought and even the add on Craigs List says it needs a Motherboard. No wonder its DOA. Choggie says he installed a Lock too...guess what?? Its just as pictured on the Craigs List listing without a lock. Cant believe a word this Con/Scam artist says. Oh well its only $2300 down the tubes. How much does it cost to have a Motherboard Installed anyway? I'll be sending the bill to Choggie/Hugsc!!

#66 10 years ago

Yep...That's the sucker I bought and even the add on Craigs List says it needs a Motherboard. No wonder its DOA. Choggie says he installed a Lock too...guess what?? Its just as pictured on the Craigs List listing without a lock. Cant believe a word this Con/Scam artist says. Oh well its only $2300 down the tubes. How much does it cost to have a Motherboard Installed anyway? I'll be sending the bill to Choggie/Hugsc!!

Shot you a PM. If you're local, I can help you out.

#67 10 years ago

Are you saying that you bought this game and picked it up and when you got home, it didn't work and needs a motherboard?

#68 10 years ago

He's in PA and had it shipped from what I understood from this other thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mary-shellys-frankenstein/page/1#post-1274393

#69 10 years ago

This is ridiculous! No Respect! Shady seller.

#70 10 years ago

Soon he will rename this thread "WTB" and have the mods lock it.

#71 10 years ago

Yep...That's the sucker I bought and even the add on Craigs List says it needs a Motherboard. No wonder its DOA.

All the boards look present in the photo, and with the displays working... are you saying the seller removed a board before shipping the game, or am I being dumb on what a motherboard is...?

#72 10 years ago

Did he say that a board was missing before you bought it or did you find out when you opened it up?

I bought a pin unseen and it had massive battery damage and the seller never said a word except that it recently didn't start up. I know how much it smarts getting burned (will remain nameless but they are in FL). Just wondering if you had any head's up on this one....

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Did he say that a board was missing before you bought it or did you find out when you opened it up?
I bought a pin unseen and it had massive battery damage and the seller never said a word except that it recently didn't start up. I know how much it smarts getting burned (will remain nameless but they are in FL). Just wondering if you had any head's up on this one....

The game was complete everything was there and it worked fine at my house..

#74 10 years ago

Not to be devil's advocate, but everyone needs to take a breath and remember that things can and do go wrong in transport. Heck...these are pins...they can break just sitting there, much less bouncing around in the back of a truck. I'm not saying that's what happened, but we all know it's possible. Games this age are just waiting for an excuse for a solder joint to pop. And this is a System 6...those 40 pin connectors don't even NEED an excuse!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not to be devil's advocate, but everyone needs to take a breath and remember that things can and do go wrong in transport. Heck...these are pins...they can break just sitting there, much less bouncing around in the back of a truck.

I think the game would have to be thrown down a cliff for the motherboard to pop out without the use of a screwdriver!

Just for my personal education, which board IS the motherboard in the photo below?? They all seem pretty well screwed in in any case...

Can't seem to add in image to an edit...??

#76 10 years ago

Pretty sure the buyer said it's DOA and needs a "motherboard"...which I assume to mean that he thinks it needs a new one because it isn't working. I didn't gather that it is actually missing. But if that is the case...nevermind. LOL

The MPU (which I'm assuming is what motherboard means) would be the top left board in this era machine (and probably many others).

#77 10 years ago

Hugsc played it .... And he likes it!!

rd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-blackout-2500-huo-for-30-years-michigan/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.