image-598.jpg
image-842.jpg
image-83.jpg
image-423.jpg
image-101.jpg
image-25.jpg
image-883.jpg
image.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Up for sale is a nice black rose. The following has been added:
-Comet and Cointaker leds in 90% of game
-Remote battery holder
-cliffy installed on cannon
-recently tore topside down and gave minor cleaning.
Game has fade on one side but left side is perfect. Playfield in nice shape with some minor insert wear. Game plays fast and tough.

Any questions please pm

$no trades or shipping at this time.
image-95.jpgimage-95.jpgimage-946.jpgimage-946.jpgimage-161.jpgimage-161.jpgimage-488.jpgimage-488.jpgimage-252.jpgimage-252.jpgimage-332.jpgimage-332.jpgimage-836.jpgimage-836.jpgimage-598.jpgimage-598.jpgimage-842.jpgimage-842.jpgimage-83.jpgimage-83.jpgimage-423.jpgimage-423.jpgimage-101.jpgimage-101.jpgimage-25.jpgimage-25.jpgimage-883.jpgimage-883.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Bump

#3 9 years ago

Damn. Sweet looking BR for that price!!

Glwts!

#4 9 years ago

Such a tempting offer, being local. But now just isn't the right time. GLWS!

#5 9 years ago

Pinphilla is a top notch seller who tells it like it is. I bought a WOF from him that was far better than he even described it. Couldn't be happier. BR is a super fun pin. Deal with supreme confidence.

#6 9 years ago

good seller.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks guys.

#8 9 years ago

Damn it! I shouldn't have bought a Dr. Who last week! This should be coming to my house for the holidays. good luck, it will sell quick.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Damn it! I shouldn't have bought a Dr. Who last week! This should be coming to my house for the holidays. good luck, it will sell quick.

blasphemy. DW curb stomps BR.

#10 9 years ago

Damn. I meant to put up last weekend.

#11 9 years ago

Bump

#12 9 years ago

Looks great, good price. Love me some black rose...

#13 9 years ago

Thanks. Its a great game. I would keep but need some space for others.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#14 9 years ago

I wish they had deals like this back here in the West!!! Free bump for a great looking machine at a good price.

#15 9 years ago

nice looking game...too bad you're so far away from wyoming

#16 9 years ago

#17 9 years ago

Bump

#18 9 years ago

Sold

#19 9 years ago

Great deal here.

Bump

#20 9 years ago

It's worth 2k, don't take anything less.

#21 9 years ago

I think it's worth a few hund more actually.

2k is a really good deal here.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

It's worth 2k, don't take anything less.

Don't say that....I'm waiting for it to come down just a little more before I accost my wife about buying a second pin.

#23 9 years ago

Careful SpyderT, you snooze, you lose. Especially in this hobby. It's not worth losing an awesome game over a lousy $100 bucks. If not for my wife wanting to castrate me for the games I already have, this would've been mine already. So grab it and love it before it ends up being a huge regret for you. GL.

#24 9 years ago

Agree the pinfidel.

This thing will be gone soon. I've been looking for one for awhile and it's a bit far for me to drive to. Otherwise it'd be in the back of the jeep by now. Also, the top things are done imo: cliffy, shopped (minor shopping), LEDS, and battery off board.

#25 9 years ago

I'm trying to suck all the drool back into my mouth.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

If not for my wife wanting to castrate me for the games I already have, this would've been mine already.

She's liable to chase me around with the scissors if I go asking for another machine.

I watched a video of the machine and it looks pretty cool. The only thing I noticed was that the person playing was just constantly hitting the whirlpool shot. There also didn't seem to be much in the way of callouts. Is that just the way the person was playing?

#27 9 years ago

fun pin, enjoy mine alot. lots more to do than whirlpool ramp.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

She's liable to chase me around with the scissors if I go asking for another machine.
I watched a video of the machine and it looks pretty cool. The only thing I noticed was that the person playing was just constantly hitting the whirlpool shot. There also didn't seem to be much in the way of callouts. Is that just the way the person was playing?

Yes, it's the player.

I YouTube'd this a while back to see how it was and thought it looked pretty fun. Then I went to an arcade to play it and loved it! Then I started looking for one to buy, but nothing was available at the time. So, the impatience of waiting got to me and I bought a couple other machines. If someone were interested in my Hurricane, I'd sell that and snag this BR all day.

BR is really cool and the cannon is awesome. Check out more than just 1 vid bro. Heck, if your not too far away, hit Pinphilla up and ask him if you can come play it first. He's an awesome pin brothah. Great to deal with and all his games are in great shape. Be warned though, once you play it, you'll buy it.

#29 9 years ago

if i hadnt got one back in the summer, i would have got this one.

#30 9 years ago

It's a fun game, sinking ships is (literally) a blast! My wife hates it, she finds it too hard

I really like the music and call-outs, lots of piratical ditties.

#31 9 years ago

BR. one just sold locally for $1400. went to a pinsider in nj. similar condition. op good luck with sale

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

BR. one just sold locally for $1400. went to a pinsider in nj. similar condition. op good luck with sale

2k is a good price given the extras the OP is including: leds, shopped, cliffy, batt. holder.

To come on here and bomb his thread with a "one just sold locally for $1400" is somewhat of a dick move imo given his price isn't out of line by any means.

GLWTS op. If I were closer...

#33 9 years ago

I've seen this game. Plays nicely (I think I have one of the high scores on it haha). It's worth what he's asking. OP is a stand up guy and lists everything honestly.

Freddy, that isn't right to just crap on somebody else's fs post. I don't think you'd appreciate someone hijacking your bride of pinbot fs ad and potentially hurting your sale price. Let's get back to allowing the OP to sell his game.

#34 9 years ago

just stating a fact.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

just stating a fact.

I guess I understand.

I just saw a nice bad cats on philly CL the other day at $1200. Now some jackass grabbed it and has it listed at $2800!!! $2800!!!!!!

Man, the nerve of some people!

#36 9 years ago

No need to state what some MAY have bought something for. Somebody just picked up a a Flash for $50. Nobody dumped on somebody else's thread like you did. I bought a SF2 for $150 once. That doesn't make every SF2 worth $150. The fact is that the BR in this thread is easily worth $2k-22. GLWS OP.

#37 9 years ago

i believe that bad cats is in Morgantown and another pinsider has it. i believe 80split. i have had my bad cats for a while. did you ever find your time machine?

#38 9 years ago

Sometimes pinsiders get a killer deal on CL from someone who doesn't know better. Let's be honest, we all know better and snatch them up the minute we see them. That does not mean the market price is 1400.

Hell, it's the same as saying the inflated eBay prices are the market.

Come back to this planet man..

OP has a great reputation on here... GLWTS..

#39 9 years ago

never said that is the market price just said one sold for that and it was similar condition and that it went to a pinsider in north jersey and was sold locally. and i did say op good luck with sale. and look at all the bumps he is getting.

#40 9 years ago

Nothing worse than defending yourself to the end when you're wrong. You're not doing the OP any favors here by saying his thread is now getting a lot of action because of your comment. Just keep things like that to yourself. OP, hope you sell soon. It's a nice game for a good price.

#41 9 years ago

Hey Freddy guess what, I bought a BOP in similar condition to yours a few months ago for $1300, so I guess that's all yours is worth now, right? So when will we see the price drop in your ad?

Seriously dude, that was a douche move. Just because someone got a great deal doesn't mean that's the new going rate... OP is a great seller, I picked up a game from him last year and he's one of the honest ones. The game is a serious deal at $2k, I think he should hold out for more. I wish I had the space/funds at the moment, I would have snatched this up and this conversation wouldn't be happening.

GLWS OP, great game at a great price.

#42 9 years ago

never said anyone was a bad guy. its a nice pin i am sure it will sell.

#43 9 years ago

You guys bring up great points. I just sold my RoadShow for 2100. Does that mean RS is now a 2100 game...nope. Much more than that in my opinion. I had to move it quick and priced it to sell quick. I know I will kick myself in the ass for selling it for below "market" price, but it is only a material possession that can be replaced. John, you got your BR priced well with the add-ons to it especially.
Best of luck and Happy Holidays to all!

#44 9 years ago

OP, do you have any extra parts for this machine? I need a whirlpool wireform.

#45 9 years ago

One of my fav pins. If I didn't love my sterns so much

#46 9 years ago

Guys, thanks for all the kind words. The machine is in great shape. Here is a link to more pics. Some are before the canon cliffy install, others are after.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37320042@N02/sets/72157643792227105/

Freddy, can you please offer an explanation as to why you crapped on my for-sale thread? I am curious. What was your purpose in that statement? To tell people my game is overpriced? It appears you are wrong based on the others comments. Now I am no psychologist (just a lawyer so close) but I believe I sensed a little passive aggressiveness? I dont know you so I am unsure why I became your target. Please explain

Regardless of your problem, I think your post is classless. Most collectors hold themselves to standards of decency and fairness. Sure, we all see plenty of overpriced machines on here from people we know but most of us simply say GLWS. You will never see me putting up a thread on pinside titled"Watch out for the guy selling the $2800 Bride of Pinbot on Phila Craigslist...its overpriced." or how about "Watch out for the Freddy guy, he is known to low-ball". Thats essentially what you did. Its tasteless and poor form.

Freddy, I dont know you and frankly thats fine. I do know that you are local and I do know people who have met you and I do know you have already developed a reputation. If I can offer you a piece of advice, respect the community around you. Word travels fast among collectors and being on the bad end of that word will follow you.

Good luck in your collecting!

Oh, and as for facts, I know two people that have recently bought BRs for over $2100. Fact.

Take care and drive safe.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

You guys bring up great points. I just sold my roadshow for 2100. Does that mean RS is now a 2100 game...nope. Much more than that in my opinion. I had to move it quick and priced it to sell quick. I know I will kick myself in the ass for selling it for below "market" price, but it is only a material possession that can be replaced. John, you got your BR priced well with the add-ons to it especially.
Best of luck and Happy Holidays to all!

Rob, Hope you are doing well man. Everytime I see your posts you are always in a different city. Your RS looked nice. Someone got a deal. Did you get the BW back? Happy Holidays and Godspeed!

#48 9 years ago

Fact, I just purchased a BR earlier this summer from Bundy at 2400. Just a bit nicer than the ops (according to his description). there were 3 guys behind me wanting it. OPs prices is a great buy.
1400 for a Black Rose, not on an average day.

Hell, I bought a mint Black Hole for 600 last year,I should post that on other FS threads.

#49 9 years ago

Well at least we know one thing, FREDDY is just not great for pinball. Not a great pin, not a great pinsider. I think we all know to keep an eye out for any games that are posted in the Morrisville area. To have this many people say the same thing...that's telling you something. Instead of continuing to defend, just apologize and move on. Also, I almost bought a very nice BR for the upper $2's.

Now, somebody needs to pick up this nice pin. If I didn't just fill up my garage I'd have bought this from him already...as would a few others it seems. Class act, PinPhila. GLWS!

#50 9 years ago

This a very fair price for a great game and this pinsider is excellent to deal with; so please deal with confidence. Cant believe no one has snagged this yet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 34.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-black-rose-phila-pa-2150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.