• Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brad pitt.jpg
Bev-Hills-Cop_320.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I up putting up for sale again my BBB #93. If you do a Google search you will find I had this game up for sale over 2 years ago and had 'sold' the game... or at least thought I had. The guy sent me a hefty deposit, I wrapped the game up... but the buyer never finished the deal or picked up the game. After 18 months, I got tired of waiting, refunded 100% of his money and have been sitting on the wrapped game ever since. I was debating about just keeping the game, but instead have decided it is time again to let the game go. Price is $19,000 Or best offer.

Pictures here: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/sbscomm/Big%20Bang%20Bar%20Pinball%20For%20Sale%202012/

I am the original owner and always took great care of the game. Game has 726 plays and is flawless in every way (see pictures of display showing audits with total number of games and number of balls played). Game has been kept in a darkened room, with zero fade. Game is located in the St. Louis, MO area.

Only modifications are that I added day 1 cabinet protectors, installed a Cliffy Protector and have added Pinbits Pop-bumper dress kits. I have a spare ramp set and diverter which will be included (see photos). I also have 2 sets of PMI made Tube Ring Kits, one set is orange and the other set is Blue (these were available for purchase at
PMI on pickup day in June 2007). The rare blue rings look amazing under the blacklight. The tube-ring kits were never installed.

Also have all original paperwork, purchase agreements and letters from PMI during the construction and payment of the game along with the complete game manual and custom laminated, instruction cards. Game includes the engraved brass game plaque showing this as game #93 with the phrase "Belly Up to The Big Bang Bar". I also have on CD many photos and images taken of the games during assembly at PMI. I will include a couple flyers and a couple other goodies that may interest a collector. Preference given to buyers who can pick up from my home in
the St. Louis area, I may even be able to meet a committed buyer part way within a days drive time.

email at: sbscomm at charter dot net

I will respond after work hours at my earliest opportunity.

Bob Stemmler

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from My2Cents:

Price is $19,000 Or best offer.

Great. Now we're going to get into yet another debate about what OBO actually means ...

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from My2Cents:

The guy sent me a hefty deposit, I wrapped the game up... but the buyer never finished the deal or picked up the game. After 18 months, I got tired of waiting, refunded 100% of his money and have been sitting on the wrapped game ever since.

Very charitable of you to return his deposit! Sounds to me like you'd have been perfectly justified in keeping his deposit and moving on to the next buyer.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Very charitable of you to return his deposit! Sounds to me like you'd have been perfectly justified in keeping his deposit and moving on to the next buyer.

I agree, the BBB market has tanked since his prior deal was struck. I would have considered keeping part of that deposit as it is not fair for the OP to have to take the market hit because the buyer did not follow through.

#5 9 years ago

"Very charitable of you to return his deposit! Sounds to me like you'd have been perfectly justified in keeping his deposit and moving on to the next buyer. "

I've had others tell me that too, but not how I do business. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I sleep well at night.

#6 9 years ago

I like your post! All the info a buyer would want to know. I also like your attitude towards doing business. Wish I had the cash as I would love to own a BBB again. Good luck-Joe

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I agree, the BBB market has tanked since his prior deal was struck. I would have considered keeping part of that deposit as it is not fair for the OP to have to take the market hit because the buyer did not follow through.

From my perspective he'd be justified keeping the deposit regardless of the current market for the game. Of course it depends on what they agreed to, but I think a deposit is generally a firm commitment by the buyer to close the deal, as evidence of which they're handing over X% of the sales price to be kept by the seller if the sale doesn't go through because of something on the buyer's end.

Quoted from My2Cents:

"Very charitable of you to return his deposit! Sounds to me like you'd have been perfectly justified in keeping his deposit and moving on to the next buyer. " I've had others tell me that too, but not how I do business. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I sleep well at night.

Didn't mean to imply you're a sucker -- I think you were generous to return the deposit (especially after the long wait) but I'm sure you had your reasons, and there's nothing wrong with being generous.

Regardless, I've cluttered up your thread enough chatting about deposits, GLWS!

#8 9 years ago

Good luck. Beautiful game!

#9 9 years ago

Wish I were richer!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from My2Cents:

but I sleep well at night

And then asks 19K for a 4.5K machine ,whatever ?

#11 9 years ago

BBB's are still pretty desirable pins. One of the best pins ever made.

#12 9 years ago

Yes!...I want to go over my buddy's place and play again....

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

And then asks 19K for a 4.5K machine ,whatever ?

So offer him 4.5k for it. First post says he'll take best offer. Maybe nobody will come in above that!

#14 9 years ago

Bob is one of the good guys! Buy with confidence.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So offer him 4.5k for it. First post says he'll take best offer. Maybe nobody will come in above that!

Oh here we go. Everyone knows that "OBO" does not literally mean they will take the best offer.

It means "I take the best reasonable offer". It also means "I have a little wiggle room in the asking price".

That's it.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

One of the best pins ever made.

Really ? Why ? Most people confuse rare with best !

#17 9 years ago

You can get a much better deal in Texas.

#18 9 years ago

^^^...that's just wrong..........Joey

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#20 9 years ago

NIB just sold with a 20K+ ask, so he's close here...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You can get a much better deal in Texas.

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

^^^...that's just wrong..........Joey

Wrong yes; but we do have to admit moderately funny.

GLWS

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh here we go. Everyone knows that "OBO" does not literally mean they will take the best offer.
It means "I take the best reasonable offer". It also means "I have a little wiggle room in the asking price".
That's it.

Then it should say "Or Make offer", "Or best reasonable offer", it's not like it's any harder to get it right.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

19 thousand dollars for a pinball machine?? I can get blown for 19 thousand dollars.

If that's what you're payin' for hookers, you need to shop around a little.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I would have considered keeping part of that deposit as it is not fair for the OP to have to take the market hit because the buyer did not follow through.

life isn't fair. He's still in a position to get 3-4x what he paid for it.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Then it should say "Or Make offer", "Or best reasonable offer", it's not like it's any harder to get it right.

While you are technically correct, the OBO is generally considered an industry standard term when selling something...anything really.

#26 9 years ago

Wow, I do not return deposits. I set a date that the person has to return with the rest of the money and if they do not it is free money in my pocket.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, I do not return deposits. I set a date that the person has to return with the rest of the money and if they do not it is free money in my pocket.

Says the guy from "Humble" Texas.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Says the guy from "Humble" Texas.

Well, you have a guy who comes in and says he wants to buy said car but doesn't have his full down payment and asks if I can hold it with a deposit. I am taking the car off the market and risking missing a sale. I tell them up front that if they do not come back by the designated date I keep the money and it goes back up for sale. If they come back later and I haven't sold it I will put the deposit toward the down payment. Same goes for a pin. When you deal with the people I deal with you have to be a cynical hardass because they will walk all over you.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed, very charitable. I fully respect the op for what he did. The lesson I have learned from this thread so far is to make very clear at the time of sale "NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT". Give them a deadline and if the deal falls through, the buyer is out that deposit money. Perhaps make a quick little contract stating those terms.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well, you have a guy who comes in and says he wants to buy said car but doesn't have his full down payment and asks if I can hold it with a deposit. I am taking the car off the market and risking missing a sale. I tell them up front that if they do not come back by the designated date I keep the money and it goes back up for sale. If they come back later and I haven't sold it I will put the deposit toward the down payment. Same goes for a pin. When you deal with the people I deal with you have to be a cynical hardass because they will walk all over you.

Dude my guess is you constantly got bullied in high school.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

When you deal with the people I deal with you have to be a cynical hardass because they will walk all over you.

Who's that? People from Texas?

#32 9 years ago

Back on topic.
Nice game I'd love to try to buy it but just digested finding a different grail game.
GLWS!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's it.

Yep, this is exactly what I meant by OBO... I have a little wiggle room, make me a good offer that is inline with the market price and the game can be yours. Especially if you can pick up the game or I can meet you part way within a reasonable driving distance.

#34 9 years ago

Big Bang Bump

#35 9 years ago

Great opportunity for a pristine example! GLWS bump.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My guess is you were a bully in high school.

#37 9 years ago

B-E-A-UTIFUL machine. GLWS.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

NIB just sold with a 20K+ ask, so he's close here...

Where did this happen? Pictures?

#39 9 years ago

While there is some BBB pricing transparency, I think many transactions are being done below the radar.

For what it's worth, I just sold my BBB within the past month nearly spot on to what the op is asking. I was fortunate enough to speak with a few others who have sold their BBBs recently and I'd say that of transactions actually taking place (not crazy high offering prices on eBay) this seems to be on the lower end of the range.

Great price for a buyer in the current market, putting aside speculation and RUMORS.

Op, if you want any further market color, please feel free to PM me.
HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE !!

Best,
Mark

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Where did this happen? Pictures?

I bought it. Pics are posted in the thread he referred to of the unboxing.

#42 9 years ago

Game is still available. I've received a couple trade offers, but no cash offers yet. Part of the reason for selling is due to space issues, more games than room, so I am trying to downsize a little, not add more games.

Willing to ship if I have to, but would prefer to buyer to take delivery in person, either from my home or someplace in-between. I would be willing to do some of the driving to meet buyer within a reasonable distance from St. Louis. Possible EXPO delivery??

#43 9 years ago

Who's that? People from Texas?

Wow, you guys amaze me.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe OBO, means Best offer of 19k or higher?

#45 9 years ago

LOL (means I find it amusing, I actually did not laugh out loud. Actually, when you think about it... out? loud? what does that really mean when you parse and define each word? Can I laugh in loud?)

OBO is a phrase with a commonly understood meaning of 'I'll consider offers below the asking price' As an example of this phenomenon common to all languages, if I say, "that pinball machine sucks", I don't mean that you can use it to vacuum the floor.

#46 9 years ago

Wheres Tee Kee didn't he say he was a buyer close to this price??

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

if I say, "that pinball machine sucks", I don't mean that you can use it to vacuum the floor.

lol

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Wheres Tee Kee didn't he say he was a buyer close to this price??

yea, it's amazing that he's no where to be seen now.

#49 9 years ago

There are a lot of people who don't post here much anymore, for various reasons.

#50 9 years ago

No offers yet, guess nobody's in the market at $19,000.00. What's the price point? $18K? Shoot me an offer and we'll find out.

This really is a pristine example.

Bob Stemmler
St. Louis area
BBB #93 For Sale

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-big-bang-bar-93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.