Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WEB11537-2010_640.jpg
    ptpinball.jpg
    theyseemetrol.jpg
    v6XPc.gif
    bear.gif
    8e7c97f93fdf.gif
    sbt.gif
    saggy.jpg
    th_UncleKevin.jpg
    th_Poopy_2.gif
    th_ErnestT5.jpg
    keanu-mind-blown.jpg
    jumptheshark.jpg
    sassyhartman.jpg
    haters-mario.gif
    th_3518879703.jpg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

sbt.gifsbt.gif

#52 11 years ago

8e7c97f93fdf.gif8e7c97f93fdf.gif

#53 11 years ago

bear.gifbear.gif

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lol only way his two games are getting made is under a court order lol.

From what I hear folks have been by and seen magic Girl. Not sure why you would say this??

#55 11 years ago

Hah, this was excellent satire and made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Is having a sense of humor against the rules on Pinside? People are awfully sensitive...

#56 11 years ago

I think trolls like this are lacking real life attention and this is their way of getting some. And I actually read it

#57 11 years ago

KITTIES!

v6XPc.gifv6XPc.gif

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

I think trolls like this are lacking real life attention and this is their way of getting some. And I actually read it

Does the definition of "troll" now include humorists?

Trolls are button pushers who try to get a rise out of people and cause flamewar chaos. I suppose this post IS pushing buttons....but I can't figure out why. This post is SATIRE of the REAL troll (he who shall not be named **cough cough Exejet cough cough** )

#59 11 years ago

I just don't think people were ready for RGP to come to pinside.

#60 11 years ago

What an amazing troll thread...

theyseemetrol.jpgtheyseemetrol.jpg

#61 11 years ago

ptpinball.jpgptpinball.jpg

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I just don't think people were ready for RGP to come to pinside

Half of RGP would be awesome, the other half would suck.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

What exactly is bad about RGP besides EZ, Frank, and the price police? All can easily be ignored. *shrug*

#64 11 years ago

Greg people use bad language and voice opinions there. Thats whats wrong with it lol. People there also dont like ac/dc as much

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

you see a magic girl anywhere?

No but i know the pre-orders for Magic girl started last year and it 18-24 months so you would not see any as of yet.

I also talked to one of his team members at the allentown show and he said he wishes he was getting a Magic Girl bc its the best thing that he has ever seen. Talked to this guy for about 30 min so why would he even talk about something that is not happening. He overheard me and a few people talking about the new pins coming out and I mentioned BHZA and another guy there knew this guy personally. But I do understand your speculation so its all good.

John posted this a few months back:
    Magic Girl™ is moving along nicely, but lot's of work.

I will be going to Chicago in a few months to visit some family and check things out at JPops place.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Greg people use bad language and voice opinions there. Thats whats wrong with it lol. People there also dont like ac/dc as much

OK, so here you have to use clean language, succumb to peer pressure & groupthink, and like bad games...gotcha.

I KID, I KIIIIDDD the AC/DC fans...c'mon. *kisses*

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

No but i know the pre-orders for Magic girl started last year and it 18-24 months so you would not see any as of yet.

I also talked to one of his team members at the allentown show and he said he wishes he was getting a Magic Girl bc its the best thing that he has ever seen. Talked to this guy for about 30 min so why would he even talk about something that is not happening. He overheard me and a few people talking about the new pins coming out and I mentioned BHZA and another guy there knew this guy personally. But I do understand your speculation so its all good.

John posted this a few months back:
    Magic Girl™ is moving along nicely, but lot's of work.

I will be going to Chicago in a few months to visit some family and check things out at JPops place.

My only real thought on this is its in bad taste to start another project without finishing the first. Especially at the expense of others let alone the 3rd pin he announced as well. Who is funding all this? Is peter robbing to pay paul? Jpop does not have cash like jack does thats for sure and thats a fact. SO there comes a time when one might wonder was bhza started to fund production of the few mg's? or what is really going on. His ND agreement is very fishy as well due to the production value and money that has been taken or will be taken. Coupled also with who the frick is building them? Heckendorn stuff is all hacks thats what he is known for. Have you played Lost or paxton man the HW is garbage. One would think they would just go with proven P-rock stuff. These are all just my thoughts and i guess i cant express them because they might be viewed as cynical or non productive so lets all group think and drink the kool aide.

My love after MGC for Heckendorn is Gone after he was walking around wasted slamming jjp saying his shit was better. Just a douche bag thing to do. Is it better who knows but it sure was not professional. Maybe Bhza will have a xbox inside the lock down bar or a atari in a flipper button.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

One would think they would just go with proven P-rock stuff.

Didn't JPop already say they are using P-ROC for BHZA?

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Maybe Bhza will have a xbox inside the lock down bar or a atari in a flipper button.

Hopefully it's better than that!? Maybe two Xboxes in parallel?

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from vulture:

Didn't JPop already say they are using P-ROC for BHZA?

That's right..

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Is having a sense of humor against the rules on Pinside? People are awfully sensitive...

1) If it was actually funny, you might have a point;

2) If this wasn't typical posting from the OP, you might have a point, but this is the same ol crap.

#71 11 years ago

It was only a matter of time before RGP trolling came to Pinside. RGP is dead compared to here. Robin has to nip it in the bud before the cancer spreads...

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, so here you have to use clean language, succumb to peer pressure & groupthink, and like bad games...gotcha.
    I KID, I KIIIIDDD the AC/DC fans...c'mon. *kisses*

Well you have Popeye, Baywatch, & Golden Eye so looks like you fit right in here. (;

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Well you have Popeye, Baywatch, & Golden Eye so looks like you fit right in here. (;

Heeeeyoooooooo!!!

BTW, your 4 games are practically clones of each other...mix it up in the design department, brothah!

OK, your turn...

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

you see a magic girl anywhere?

Well, I've seen one in serious development. Does that count? I suspect there will be tons of sightings reported before year's end. And I also suspect that, like WOZ, MG will seriously raise the standards for what Stern currently markets as new, modern pinball machines.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Heeeeyoooooooo!!!
    BTW, your 4 games are practically clones of each other...mix it up in the design department, brothah!
    OK, your turn...

What can I say I prefer fast games. Been there done that with quite a few others as you can see in my collection history.

#76 11 years ago

Thanks for the entertainment Pinbill. Now on to more important things than another fake post.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

What can I say I prefer fast games. Been there done that with quite a few others as you can see in my collection history.

You gave up a Travel Time? And WPT? And don't own a JP:LW? I see much room for improvement!

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

And I also suspect that, like WOZ, MG will seriously raise the standards for what Stern currently markets as new, modern pinball machines.

JPOP will deliver the goods... or he's done. A man simply does not put his reputation on the line like that and fail to make good. JJP is the same. SkitB arguably has less to lose, but the same principle applies.

Will these games change the landscape... sure. But, people need to stop comparing any of these guys to Stern, or expecting Stern to change wholesale as a result of these newer games and "innovations". Gary won't make "new, modern pinballs" until his operator client base demands it or starts buying more JJP product. Jack's taking all the risk testing those waters and Gary gets to watch his put. If Jack is right and the market is there for premium games in the wild, Gary simply has to swoop in with his more designers, bigger facilities and 4 titles per year. He didn't survive this long by being stupid or taking risks.

As for JPOP. If I was a designer catering to 125 customers with cash in hand, I could do whatever the hell I (and they) wanted. It's apples and oranges.

#79 11 years ago

I think we need to petition Robin to enable filtering of posters.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

You gave up a Travel Time? And WPT? And don't own a JP:LW? I see much room for improvement!

I'd like another WPT back actually but used it as trade for another game. The others I could do without. (:

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I'd like another WPT back actually but used it as trade for another game. The others I could do without. (:

I have never been able to score a WPT, always sorry game sold.
    Until today.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

And I also suspect that, like WOZ, MG will seriously raise the standards for what Stern currently markets as new, modern pinball machines.

...even so, what does it accomplish for pinball? 16 people will have it. The public will never see it. It isn't likely anyone will bring it to a show. ....yay? This is what I don't like about Jpop's approach...if this thing is great, it's a shame that it isn't made for the masses to enjoy. Everyone gets the opportunity to play and enjoy (or hate lol) a new Stern or JJP.

I wish Jpop would have actually built a proto game to show what he had in mind, and then put together the interest and means to mass produce.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

...even so, what does it accomplish for pinball? 16 people will have it. The public will never see it.

I wish Jpop would have actually built a proto game to show what he had in mind, and then put together the interest and means to mass produce.

There was a time when Ferrari would produce 100 vehicles per year. All hand made and customised to their owners if they so chose. I would not say that Ferrari didn't accomplish anything for the world of motorsport.

Consider for a minute that maybe JPOP does not want to mass produce games. Or, look at it another way. He's producing 16 MG. Then he's looking at creating 124 BHZA. Maybe he's just trying to take some baby steps. Who says his next pin after that isn't going to be an even larger run?

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

the other half would suck.

They have arrived. Pinside will NEVER be the same.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I guess it went over some peoples heads.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

...even so, what does it accomplish for pinball? 16 people will have it. The public will never see it. It isn't likely anyone will bring it to a show. ....yay? This is what I don't like about Jpop's approach...if this thing is great, it's a shame that it isn't made for the masses to enjoy. Everyone gets the opportunity to play and enjoy (or hate lol) a new Stern or JJP.

MG *is* his proto game. I imagine it was a manageable project for someone who wanted to design and make a new, mdern game without having a factory to build a full run. Diving right in for a full-production title means setting up a full factory, huge capital for ordering parts and services, etc. (Basically, what JJP is doing now.) Think of it as priming the pumps and bringing some new ideas into the mix if it works out.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

JPOP will deliver the goods... or he's done. A man simply does not put his reputation on the line like that and fail to make good. JJP is the same. SkitB arguably has less to lose, but the same principle applies.

people don't go in to business expecting to not make good and fail but it happens all the time.
    and if jpop were to fail and lose all the money and give back nothing to customers, i would think he could still get a design job with JJP or Stern and be right back where he was 10 years ago. really, he's got nothing to lose.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lol only way his two games are getting made is under a court order lol.

Top comment !

Jim

#89 11 years ago

Man it sucks to share the same name with some people

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Top comment !
    Jim

Is that klotz i smell??????

#91 11 years ago

Man it sucks to share the same name with some people

????

WEB11537-2010_640.jpgWEB11537-2010_640.jpg

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

MG *is* his proto game. I imagine it was a manageable project for someone who wanted to design and make a new, mdern game without having a factory to build a full run. Diving right in for a full-production title means setting up a full factory, huge capital for ordering parts and services, etc. (Basically, what JJP is doing now.) Think of it as priming the pumps and bringing some new ideas into the mix if it works out.

Are you saying that eventually JPOP will be looking to produce pins at the level of Stern and JJP? I thought the thinking was to stay small, but create high quality games for the high end collectors.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

f jpop were to fail and lose all the money and give back nothing to customers, i would think he could still get a design job with JJP or Stern and be right back where he was 10 years ago. really, he's got nothing to lose.

If this were to happen and I were Gary Stern. I'm not so sure I'd want to give JPOP a job designing games for the very customers he screwed. Just sayin.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Are you saying that eventually JPOP will be looking to produce pins at the level of Stern and JJP? I thought the thinking was to stay small, but create high quality games for the high end collectors.

I'm not JPOP so I can't say, but I would imagine if there's demand and the kinks are ironed out through these projects, there's a possibility of building future games in quantity. Right now, as someone else mentioned, these are baby steps. JJP had more resources available and decided to go whole-hog from the get-go. Skit-B seems to be taking the "garage startup" approach of JPOP without the presales to kickstart funding. Not sure how their financial strategy will pan out though (if they have one). It's one thing to design and make a prototype/sample game, and quite another to line up vendors for all of the custom and common parts needed. Small runs can be a lot pricier too, as they require configuration/tooling for many components.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Looks like twiddle dee and twiddle dumb have arrived.....I guess its a good thing you don't have a dime into then...and before you make stupid statements you ought to consider what the MG owners have seen and followed up with an additional BHZA purchase....

I do understand your jealousy though......................

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What an amazing troll thread...

Here come the usual hating Trolls Tiger!.....same song 10th verse.....

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ice, what is wrong with flowers???

http://www.klotzfloral.com/

#98 11 years ago

What's up TG....I love flowers! Planting some nice one's around the pool later today It's the manure smell that I don't like coming from this thread....

#99 11 years ago

I stayed in.

#100 11 years ago

And you know it will be an epic pin.....i.e. CV, TOM and TOTAN but better theme and newer technology.....JJP and Jpop are the innovators, but I do love my two Sterns...

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-bhza-position-25k/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.