New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 109370)

FS: Beautiful Strange Science SOLD!

By Pinwizkid

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ochs642
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

-SOLD!-

Helping my friend sell his beautiful Strange Science machine. I have never seen a nicer Strange Science than this - game looks fantastic and plays perfect. Has LEDs throughout inserts. Game is completely shopped and topper works. If you're looking a great condition Strange Science - this is it. Comes with Manual. A brand new upper ramp is also available for a few bucks extra (it was purchased as a backup in case the current one ever cracked).

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/6lYX7

Price: $1500 (spare upper ramp available for extra).

PM me for more details. Thanks!

-BB

#2 5 years ago

Also, he is looking for a local sale. Thanks!

#3 5 years ago

Bump for a fellow Long Islander.
Best of luck!
-Mark

#4 5 years ago

Another bump, what a beauty.

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

Bump. Really nice machine up for grabs here...

#6 5 years ago

Just saw this machine last weekend, it's SO nice.....

#7 5 years ago

Thanksgiving weekend bump! Somebody make the trip out this weekend and add this beauty to your collection!

#8 5 years ago

Nice! If it weren't for my MMR (coming someday!) this may have been a purchase.....

#9 5 years ago

wow, nice ! looks factory fresh
not a lot a love for this one since its bally's downfall era , but it's a great game!

lotsa things to do , great action , plus that neon topper is sooooooooooo cool

GLWS

#10 5 years ago

Would buy this in a heartbeat is shipping was available.

#11 5 years ago

December bump. This game is surprisingly still available.

2 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

Nice looking game!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

December bump. This game is surprisingly still available.

Local sale narrows market significantly.

#14 5 years ago

I wish I wasn't broke because of Christmas. This would perfect, gorgeous game to start a collection with. I hope you move it to a good home soon!

#15 5 years ago

I'm gonna chime in. I know the owner of this machine, we've been friends throughout collecting for the last 12 years. If I were to actually describe the condition of all of his games, the word outstanding comes to mind. It would take pages to describe what he's put into this game. Also he originally bought this game from Doug Huse ( let's play pinball) as a turn key game. And probably has another 40 hours and money into making it dialed in and perfect. Not that Doug isn't anal about the games he sells, but the seller takes it to a another level. If there's anybody that's on the fence about it, jump now. You will be glad you did, and you will be back on pinside bragging that the game was way better than imagined.btw, yes this is a shameless plug for a good friend that doesn't post on pinside, he just reads the articles.

#16 5 years ago

Ready to ship yet?

#17 5 years ago

If he would ship it , it would have sold a month ago. Ed

#18 5 years ago

He's too busy to ship, but is available for pick ups.

#19 5 years ago

....if that is the case he is too busy to sell it!

#20 5 years ago

He's not too busy to sell it, just to busy to ship it. As all of us know,that have shipped games,you have to be home for the shipper to pick up. I've done this many times over the years and have the benefit of being the boss so my time is flexible. If anyone Is interested in seeing the game and doing local pick up its best if you just pm pinwiz, I'm sure he will give you the contact info. I'm sorry if no shipping causes a problem,didn't mean for that.

#21 5 years ago

I like Strange Science. I'm not very good at it, but it keeps my interest. Great game and hope this gets sold.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

....if that is the case he is too busy to sell it!

All you have to do is put it in the garage or on the porch with a note on it and navl will be glad to take their 475.00 for shipping. Just had a member do that for me. Ed

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

He's not too busy to sell it, just to busy to ship it. As all of us know,that have shipped games,you have to be home for the shipper to pick up. I've done this many times over the years and have the benefit of being the boss so my time is flexible. If anyone Is interested in seeing the game and doing local pick up its best if you just pm pinwiz, I'm sure he will give you the contact info. I'm sorry if no shipping causes a problem,didn't mean for that.

I think what wayner was trying to say was that a local sale will take up just as much if not a lot more of the sellers time. You can pretty much pick the pickup day with NAVL and all you have to do is make sure they safetly wrap it and take it. Someone showing up to play it and haggle over price is going to take a lot more time then that. I completely understand why he would not want to ship. It brings in some unkowns and risks that a local sale does not.

Cool game, I'm a chemist so I would love to own it just for the theme and artwork alone. Hope it sells soon.

#24 5 years ago

I've driven hundreds of miles to go get games in fear that they would get damaged during shipping... and this game is so nice I would not take the risk shipping it if I was the buyer OR the seller.

I just responded to a bunch of PMs with the seller's number - first one to lay down the cash is gonna get an absolutely top notch machine for their collection.

-BB

2 weeks later
#26 5 years ago

Congrats Pinwiz!

3 weeks later
#27 5 years ago

Just out of curiosity what was the final sale price for your mint condition machine?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside