Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kaneda
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lock.png
fire-01.jpg
143398-i.jpg
space collection.JPG

#1 4 years ago

I LOVE owning a BBB but based on some life events putting up my holy grail pin. Treat yourself this Xmas it's not too late!!

- Opened from brand new in box Oct 2013 (see thread here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-bbb-unboxed-tonight )
- ~80 plays on it since being opened
- Brought in basement while still in box - never seen the light of day as basement has no windows.
- Includes special pinball cover with embroidered BBB patch, box of extra parts (pinbits plastic guard set, dancer rings, tube ring kit, pop bumper dress kits (both green and orange), Cliffy Dartz protector, side glitter decals, 2 NOS rocket decals, ramp LED arrow).
- Will include BBB polo shirt

Aside from life event, while I had the gonads to open the box, I still find myself steering away playing it - rather treating it like a museum piece. I even bought a terrific cover from the gentleman overseas to cover it up when "I" am not in the basement arcade. Don't trust the kids, friends or wife with my BBB (my precious). Some family parties I just keep it covered up. This is NOT the philosophy of my basement arcade - which is to have fun and play the games. But this BBB staring me in the face, so pretty, so rare, I'm walking on eggshells as I approach it. This is wrong on so many levels - trust me I know. I really feel like I'm living the Hobbit and carrying the damn ring around my neck.

Let me also address this head on so the thread does not get derailed: No, this is not "Does Badbilly know something about BBB possible remake?", "See another owner selling...blah blah blah...". This is me being real about me selling for my own reasons. I'll state on my reputation - I am completely unaware if any remake will ever be made. There is a whole other thread about "will BBB be remade" and the debates plausible or not.

All I know, if you are throwing down money for new Stern LEs, JJP, or Indie pin boutiques getting up to $8500-$9500 and hoping you'll end up with a rare collectible - I would suggest eliminate the gamble and buy BBB which has only 185 ever made. Such a perty and unique game.

This is not a fire sale and happy to keep her for another few years to look at. But, I know this is the right move for my gameroom sanity and life event - we should part my precious. PM with serious inquiries.

EDIT: Price is $20K OBO

space collection.JPG
143398-i.jpg

#3 4 years ago

I recommend putting some more time on it while you still have the privilege of owning it. It's a gem.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

we should part my precious.

Totally need a comma in there.

Although I'd love to watch the popcorn-fest that a "Parting out: 80-play HUO BBB" thread would turn into.

#5 4 years ago

Sorry, did I miss the price somewhere?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Thanks. Interested parties PM for price.

#7 4 years ago

Just play it and enjoy it. lots of low production machines out there. You ain't gonna do any damage putting another 700 plays on it.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

+1. Not sure why this would be a secret.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Recommend placing in marketplace best offer pricing. Robin frowns on threads without prices.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

All for sale threads that don't list a price first get...

fire-01.jpg

and then...

lock.png

#11 4 years ago

Anything rare listed for sale often gets bashed when a price is listed publicly. I think I'm starting to see this in my Felix thread. If you don't agree with a listed price, I wouldn't comment and definitely not try and start trouble.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Recommend placing in marketplace best offer pricing. Robin frowns on threads without prices.

Thanks already listed in market place OBO. Trying to provide some awareness through thread.

$20K OBO.

And some of you can chillax just a bit on the why no price. Xmas Eve even, just wow. I've seen many threads with no price listed and never locked AND once sold OP removed price that was for sale. Let's frown equally on that.

Anyway, thanks for those who pointed it out nicely. Merry Xmas!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Anything rare listed for sale often gets bashed when a price is listed publicly. I think I'm starting to see this in my Felix thread. If you don't agree with a listed price, I wouldn't comment and definitely not try and start trouble.

See the last gazillion for sale "threads" where it is imminently warned that if you don't want to be hassled on price to list it in the market instead.

Should be "Pinside Selling 101" by now.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks already listed in market place OBO. Trying to provide some awareness through thread.
$20K OBO.
And some of you can chillax just a bit on the why no price. Xmas Eve even, just wow. I've seen many threads with no price listed and never locked AND once sold OP removed price that was for sale. Let's frown equally on that.
Anyway, thanks for those who pointed it out nicely. Merry Xmas!

Good luck with the sale. Definitely don't let some of the people here low-ball you or give you a hard time. There's a buyer for everything.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

See the last gazillion for sale "threads" where it is imminently warned that if you don't want to be hassled on price to list it in the market instead.

egbert thanks for lighting the first torch instead of pm'ing me a courtesy. Merry Xmas still my friend!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

egbert thanks for lighting they first torch instead of pm'ing me a courtesy. Merry Xmas still my friend!

Same to you Bad Billy. Best of luck with the sale. I wouldn't worry too much...you've more than likely got $17-20K heading your way soon.

By the way, I was just responding to Pinballsmith...not trying to fan the flames.

#17 4 years ago

If you're really in the Christmas spirit, you can trade me for my HUO TSPP straight up

Merry Christmas and here's a bump.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

If you're really in the Christmas spirit, you can trade me for my HUO TSPP straight up

No... trade me for my Black Spiderman .Much classier machine..Yes you know it's true...

#19 4 years ago

How much will you knock off if I let you watch?

#20 4 years ago

My recommendation is to pop the cover off and play the hell out of it. You only live once.

#21 4 years ago

So, you're wanting to trade me your black spiderman for my Simpsons?

#22 4 years ago

Good guy alert! Great seller and friend here everyone.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, you're wanting to trade me your black spiderman for my Simpsons?

A little too much egg nog over there , is it ?

#24 4 years ago

*hiccup* not sure what yer talkn 'bout. *hiccup*

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Good guy alert! Great seller and friend here everyone.

+1 GLWS on that beautiful pin.

#26 4 years ago

Glwts Billy!

Your just too bad....uh...Billy...27.

#27 4 years ago

I heard Stern was releasing a Vault Edition of this game

#28 4 years ago

Wish I had 14 Judge Dredds to trade.

#29 4 years ago

Bill is a great guy, You can bet it is just like new.

#30 4 years ago

Fun and wacky game for sure, nothing like it!

#31 4 years ago

Nice game in good condition. Someone will bite. Sometimes you have to chum the water for a while.

#32 4 years ago

Bump for a nice game and good guy

#33 4 years ago

If it's still available sometime in the coming months, I can shoot a good offer your way. Money is all tied up in other things right now. Have you considered holding off selling this? It's not really a good time to be selling anything with everyone recovering from the holidays. I want to see you get what you want for this.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

If it's still available sometime in the coming months, I can shoot a good offer your way. Money is all tied up in other things right now. Have you considered holding off selling this? It's not really a good time to be selling anything with everyone recovering the holidays. I want to see you get what you want for this.

Thanks. I'm in no hurry to sell this beauty. I'm open to offers and willing to hold it for awhile for those serious. Appreciate the kind words too.

#35 4 years ago

I hear you Badbilly. If BBB isn't good for your family you should let it go. At least you had the high from opening NIB. Get something the family will have fun on. GLWS

#36 4 years ago

GLWS. Game looks super mint.

#37 4 years ago

BadBilly is a good dude. Deal with confidence.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

BadBilly is a good dude. Deal with confidence.

He is back!

#39 4 years ago

Bump for the New Year!!

4 months later
#40 4 years ago

I left this alone for a long time, not really pushing cause on the fence. I think I'm just generally bored with my entire pinball collection right now. Just in an ownership funk.

So here goes - most likely works for a disti/dealer. May part with my BBB for a TWDLE (or Hobbit), Kiss LE, and upcoming GOT LE.

No need to flame just tossing stuff out there.

#41 4 years ago

Best of luck your sale BB, you have a glorious collection. Even the most amazing collection if not played much can feel like a burden. I would just scale down and pick up a new hobby or more time with family anyways I won't get too far off topic other then to say I feel you.

#42 4 years ago

So... the French buyer chickened out?
Ah, these Frenchs... lots of talk and little action!

GLWS

There is one BBB listed for sale in France for 29,000€...$32k.

#43 4 years ago

I had an opportunity to pay down a little on one and make payments. While owning the machine, The guy that offered it was really really nice I bought a machine off of him and he had one that he wanted to move. Wanted to jump on it but just couldn't. Didn't like owning someone money for a pin that could have taken me 6months to pay off. he was super nice and it made it tempting. Anyway, maybe one day. GLWTS

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Best of luck your sale BB, you have a glorious collection. Even the most amazing collection if not played much can feel like a burden. I would just scale down and pick up a new hobby or more time with family anyways I won't get too far off topic other then to say I feel you.

Thanks for the kind words and agreed. I'm fortunate with my collection but in a funk. In process of selling two now (RG - sold; WH20 next). Scaling down but trying to step away for a bit first.

Quoted from jlm33:

So... the French buyer chickened out?
Ah, these Frenchs... lots of talk and little action!
GLWS
There is one BBB listed for sale in France for 29,000€...$32k.

He did decide to pass, concerned about lead shipping issue. But he got my mind working on deciding to sell her. Thanks again btw.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I had an opportunity to pay down a little on one and make payments. While owning the machine, The guy that offered it was really really nice I bought a machine off of him and he had one that he wanted to move. Wanted to jump on it but just couldn't. Didn't like owning someone money for a pin that could have taken me 6months to pay off. he was super nice and it made it tempting. Anyway, maybe one day. GLWTS

Hope you got some enjoyment from X-Men.

#45 4 years ago

Yes and I still am! I wasn't going to mention any names.

#46 4 years ago

$30,000 by Friday

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

In process of selling two now (RG - sold; WH20 next). Scaling down but trying to step away for a bit first.

Tell me more about your WH2O? I'm interested

#48 4 years ago

I know the feeling man. The joy of collecting is a rush and no matter how much fun a game is, over time you can get bored with it all. That's why I try and have new people over as much as possible. Their excitement and enthusiasm reminds me why the game room is so special. So many times I just want to sell it all and make life simpler. The goal is to find the balance where you have enough to make you happy. Best of luck with sale.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside