DSC_0737 (resized).JPG
DSC_0771 (resized).JPG
DSC_0770 (resized).JPG
DSC_0769 (resized).JPG
DSC_0767 (resized).JPG
DSC_0766 (resized).JPG
DSC_0765 (resized).JPG
DSC_0746 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

FS: Baywatch (Middle TN)

Added: 2020-07-22 00:49:10 UTC • Ended: August 5th, 2020

Price

$ 2,400 (Firm)

Price is firm

I have a good condition Baywatch for sale. The machine is fully working. The cabinet is slightly faded on one side but only affects the color of the swimsuits (they are now pink instead of deep red). It also has typical minor damage (chips and scratches) from operating on location. May have a slight lingering smoke smell as it was brought in to storage from location in April.

I have cleaned the cabinet and playfield including silicone and rubber rings. I have also cleaned the DMD display glass and the inside of the speaker panel window, as well as the back of the translite. The playfield is in excellent condition with the only wear being outside the shark scoop where the ball kicks out. That area has been touched up with brush on clear coat. There is no planking on the playfield and no chipping clearcoat. The inserts are not cloudy or faded. All mechanisms are in good functional condition and the flippers and slingshots are strong. Various coil sleeves were replaced in the last 6 months prior to the game being pulled from location. All playfield insert lamps were replaced as well and are working. All flashers are also working. The game uses all LEDs in the playfield and backbox GI. The ramps are in good condition with no missing pieces. There is a small crack in the Venice Beach ramp protector but this does not affect gameplay. The topper is also fully in tact.

There is no battery acid damage on the CPU board. The batteries have been removed and NVRAM has been installed. I also have Chad Hendrickson's custom 4.01 ROM ("code") installed from 2017.

A few things to note:

3 or 4 plastics have been replaced with reproductions. The others are original with minor damage from being 25 years old. This game also had the well known issue with display resets due to less than 5.00v getting to the DMD controller board. I have replaced headers and connectors unsuccessfully, even with using an arcade power supply. The only solution was to solder the 5v supply wires directly to the controller board. This has resolved the problem with the display resetting and the arcade power supply can be further adjusted if needed. This modification is reversible. I also have an inline fuse for protection.

Also, the flasher panel above the playfield is broken. I've secured this with tape but the flashers work. Although the DMD display works with no burn in and all dots light up, it is starting to outgas. This is only noticeable in dimly lit areas and it's still very legible. ColorDMD and PIN2DMD make readily available LED replacements.

The translite has what appear to be highlighter ink stains on the bottom edge. There is also a minor scratch on the back not visible from the outside.

The sound board has been floated from the ground plane to reduce hum. This solution works, but a better alternative would be to re-install the sound board on the ground plane and wire in its own 12v power supply to the arcade power supply. People have reported the most success with this method.

The shark plastic is broken and included separately. The GI connector for the backbox door is also burned up and this has been mostly bypassed with soldering and heat shrink tubing.

I also have the manual and a spare set of NOS slingshot plastics I will include.

This is available for pickup only in our Lebanon, TN warehouse. You will be responsible for loading up the game. Cash only. This is being sold as-is in current condition. Nothing is guaranteed, no warranty of any kind offered, and I will not be able to assist in any way if you contact me about an issue following purchase. No returns or refunds.

Please PM me if interested or if you have questions. Thanks.

Item photos

DSC_0713 (resized).JPG
DSC_0714 (resized).JPG
DSC_0716 (resized).JPG
DSC_0717 (resized).JPG
DSC_0718 (resized).JPG
DSC_0719 (resized).JPG
DSC_0720 (resized).JPG
DSC_0721 (resized).JPG
DSC_0722 (resized).JPG
DSC_0723 (resized).JPG
DSC_0724 (resized).JPG
DSC_0725 (resized).JPG
DSC_0726 (resized).JPG
DSC_0727 (resized).JPG
DSC_0728 (resized).JPG
DSC_0729 (resized).JPG
DSC_0730 (resized).JPG
DSC_0731 (resized).JPG
DSC_0732 (resized).JPG
DSC_0733 (resized).JPG
DSC_0734 (resized).JPG
DSC_0735 (resized).JPG
DSC_0736 (resized).JPG
DSC_0737 (resized).JPG
DSC_0738 (resized).JPG
DSC_0739 (resized).JPG
DSC_0741 (resized).JPG
DSC_0742 (resized).JPG
DSC_0743 (resized).JPG
DSC_0744 (resized).JPG
DSC_0746 (resized).JPG
DSC_0748 (resized).JPG
DSC_0749 (resized).JPG
DSC_0750 (resized).JPG
DSC_0751 (resized).JPG
DSC_0752 (resized).JPG
DSC_0755 (resized).JPG
DSC_0756 (resized).JPG
DSC_0757 (resized).JPG
DSC_0758 (resized).JPG
DSC_0759 (resized).JPG
DSC_0760 (resized).JPG
DSC_0761 (resized).JPG
DSC_0762 (resized).JPG
DSC_0763 (resized).JPG
DSC_0764 (resized).JPG
DSC_0765 (resized).JPG
DSC_0766 (resized).JPG
DSC_0767 (resized).JPG
DSC_0769 (resized).JPG
DSC_0770 (resized).JPG
DSC_0771 (resized).JPG
DSC_0772 (resized).JPG
DSC_0773 (resized).JPG
DSC_0774 (resized).JPG
DSC_0775 (resized).JPG
DSC_0776 (resized).JPG
DSC_0777 (resized).JPG
DSC_0778 (resized).JPG
DSC_0779 (resized).JPG
DSC_0780 (resized).JPG
DSC_0781 (resized).JPG
DSC_0782 (resized).JPG
DSC_0783 (resized).JPG
DSC_0784 (resized).JPG
DSC_0785 (resized).JPG
DSC_0786 (resized).JPG
DSC_0787 (resized).JPG
DSC_0788 (resized).JPG
DSC_0789 (resized).JPG
DSC_0792 (resized).JPG
DSC_0793 (resized).JPG
DSC_0794 (resized).JPG
DSC_0795 (resized).JPG
DSC_0796 (resized).JPG
DSC_0797 (resized).JPG
DSC_0798 (resized).JPG
DSC_0799 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Crash's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Crash's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Nunya, AB, NG

1 week later
#2 3 years ago

Bump.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you! I make sure the buyer knows what he's getting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-baywatch-middle-tn?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.