Photo Sep 18, 6 47 51 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 10 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 44 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 04 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 33 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 38 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 27 PM.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Up for sale is a 1988 Banzai Run. Pat Lawlor's first game, only 1,750 of these produced, who knows how many are left. Unique in design with both an upper and lower playfield.

This game is what I would consider a typical condition Banzai Run if not professionally restored. The playfield has factory mylar with some bubbling. There are some inserts that are uncovered that have some wear, but I have a complete laser cut insert decal set from Classic Arcades that can be applied without clear. Just takes scraping off the old decal silkscreen and re-applying the new one. The game plays 100%, has a Rottendog MPU, crisp bright displays, and LEDs in most of the inserts.

The upper playfield glass and playfield are really nice. There aren't broken plastics that I see and the main ramp is in solid shape. The cabinet is typical of this game outside the very back is pretty scruffed up, tried to get pictures with flash of that. However, that's against a wall 9/10 times.

Happy to answer questions. This is an excellent game, but I've got something new coming in, so one has to make way for it. Thanks!
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 27 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 38 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 33 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 04 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 46 44 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 10 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 51 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 23 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 47 57 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 03 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 09 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 16 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 19 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 24 PM (HDR).jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 30 PM (HDR).jpg
Photo Sep 18, 6 48 37 PM.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Not sure why a lot of the pics uploaded sideways...

#3 7 years ago

Dropping down to $4300, which is what I have in it.

#4 7 years ago

Bump, can also deliver this anywhere between Winston-Salem and Atlanta, as heading out that way soon.

#5 7 years ago

I hate to say it but it looks more like about a $3500 to $3800 machine to me. I have been watching Banzai Run Machines for a couple years now and can't justify the price they are bringing these days but I have seen several under $4000 that looked nicer than what I see here.

Don't get me wrong - a seller can ask what ever they want for a machine and there might be a market in your area for your machine at $4300 but I just don't see that much value in one in that condition.

Anyway - free bump and best of luck getting it sold.

Unique machine & low production run are on your side. Now you just need to find someone that wants one bad enough to pay $4300 for it.

#6 7 years ago

Drinking and saying stuff I shouldnt. Willing to trade for $2k and under games plus cash as well. Several I would consider, let me know!

#7 7 years ago

Hey "Hate to say it" I don't see anywhere in the FS post this is a firm price. That bump was not free.

#9 7 years ago

Dropping cash price to $4100. I'm open to some trades plus cash as well. Mainly games roughly $2k or less, plus cash difference. Let me know what you've got!

#10 7 years ago

Bump for the game that got me hooked.

#11 7 years ago

To "Wolfy" & "The_Director"

As I put in my original post about price - I was not and am not trying to be the "price police" I was just stating from the ones I had seen for sale his seemed more like a high $3000's price game as opposed to a low to mid $4000's game.

Sellers ALWAYS have the right to ask what ever they want for machines they are selling. But buyers will set a fair value on machines being sold. If a buyer is not willing to pay asking price machine will not sell & if you find a buyer that is willing to pay asking price your price was actually in line regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.

At $4100 price seems more in line with what I have seen sold in the past couple years. A machine I would love to own some day but just not in my budget right now or I would likely make an offer on it.

Anyway - another free bump & best of luck getting it sold. At $4100 I expect you will start getting some emails about it shortly if you have not gotten some already.

#12 7 years ago

Titles I'd have some interest in include: Lights, Camera, Action, Swords of Fury, The Shadow, Stargate, Goldeneye, BSD, EATPM, WCS94, Diner, MSF, maybe others, PM me and let me know, all plus cash -- thanks!

#13 7 years ago

I have to say one of the few machines I have owner I really regret selling is Lights-Camera-Action. I got one in a group of a dozen or so machines I bought and sold it before we got it up & running 100%. I finished it for my buyer and after getting it dialed in I realized I made a mistake selling it. I have been looking for another one pretty much ever since.

Another free bump - I really need to stay away from your post or I am going to want to drive to NC with my Diner and trade you some cash & Diner for your Banzai Run. That is another machine on my "short list" but I am just not ready to pay $4000 for a System 11 title.

#14 7 years ago

Consider this a free bump...but anyone know if CPR is still doing the new play fields? Or is that project not going to move forward?

#15 7 years ago

I am totally out of room for additional pins, but I am happy to bump the thread for a good seller. Best of luck.

#16 7 years ago

How tall is Banzai Run? I'm not sure I can fit one in my basement gameroom.

#17 7 years ago

I've got back legs set to very high pitch and mines 79" from floor to tallest point. Happy to answer any other questions!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

How tall is Banzai Run? I'm not sure I can fit one in my basement gameroom.

Height: 79"

Width: 23½"

Depth: 58"

Weight: 280 lbs.

#19 7 years ago

Thanks for the bumps! I think CPR is still doing the playfield. I'm on the waiting list and happy to transfer that spot to the buyer if I can.

#20 7 years ago

Bumping, dropping to $4k. Taking a decent loss here for a sell price, still open to trades plus cash. Game is in perfect working condition.

#21 7 years ago

Good Seller Bumpo

#23 7 years ago

Please PM me if it falls through

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Consider this a free bump...but anyone know if CPR is still doing the new play fields? Or is that project not going to move forward?

Sounds like Rick halted everything so he can micromanage rights.

2 weeks later
#25 7 years ago

I have Nice Banzai Run machine that I would sell for $3800, This machine has been in my parents living room since 1994. They had it "shopped" in 2006 with all the usual stuff done to it and has had little play since then. They recently move and I took the machine to my house. Would like to sell it before I move it into the finished basement for the next 20 years. It is 100% fully functional I can send pictures if any one is interested. I would also consider a trade for a newer machine.
Thanks
[email protected]

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from NickA68:

I have Nice Banzai Run machine that I would sell for $3800, This machine has been in my parents living room since 1994. They had it "shopped" in 2006 with all the usual stuff done to it and has had little play since then. They recently move and I took the machine to my house. Would like to sell it before I move it into the finished basement for the next 20 years. It is 100% fully functional I can send pictures if any one is interested. I would also consider a trade for a newer machine.
Thanks
[email protected]

If what you say is true, it will sell just about instantly. But you should start a new thread for your own machine. People aren't going to pay attention to this thread since the title says *Trade Pending*.

#27 7 years ago

Thanks for the info, I'm new to this site, I'll sit down and figure out how to start a new one.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from NickA68:

Thanks for the info, I'm new to this site, I'll sit down and figure out how to start a new one.

Go to FORUM home and then click on the area that says » Click here to start a new topic!

That should do it.

Dave

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside