• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-88.jpg
IMG_8623.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

There is one on eBay at the moment, supposedly at or near collector quality, with an asking price of $6,500. (I actually recalled this being higher, but just double-checked.) Now that's totally ridiculous.

What puzzles me is that over 9,000 were made, so it's not exactly a rare pin, yet they are seldom seen. I was an avid player back when this pin first came out, but I never saw one until quite recently. (But that's true of certain other tables, as well.)

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for pointing out that beauty on eBay. The "Buy It Now" price is silly, but that's common on eBay. I could see it selling for 3-4k. Based on the video, it does appear to be the real deal. Looks similar to mine. My PF actually looks nicer, and mine doesn't have any mylar in front of the slings (this one does).
I think many Paragons were trashed…they got a lot a action back in the arcade days. Unlike Fathom/Centaur, there aren't any repro PF's. So finding a natural beauty is hard, and the guys that own them don't let them go.
It's an awesome looking/playing game…very unique.

I finally got to see / play one at a recent tourney. It definitely commands your attention. However, on that limited exposure, I just couldn't get used to that odd pf layout or the 3-flippers-at bottom arrangement, especially when combined with that "float-y" kind of ball travel, as seen in Bally pins like Centaur. Lots of drain frustration, trying to adapt to that. Embryon, Centaur, and Fathom all had a quick and unquestionable appeal to me -- and I do like widebodies, generally -- but I felt like this one would take quite a lot of play before I finally "got it", if I ever would. And that would likely apply to any others with that flipper design.

4 weeks later
#44 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveRivet:

That guy trying to get 65 has dropped to 55, and he's still stark raving mad. The one that was 1200 finished around 3K, but really was one of the best I've seen out there lately.
Steve

Down to $4,950 on the last go-'round, still without takers. Expect he may keep re-listing, perhaps with further price reductions.

It's not unlike a great many other listings you keep seeing on eBay, often going through multiple re-listings with no sale. Even when seriously interested, I would have to tell the seller that I'm just not in the habit of paying thousands over book value on a pin, and if they can actually get that price they should grab it. But that never seems to get me anywhere much closer to a deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-bally-paragon-restored?tu=Heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.