Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RDReynolds
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Avengers4.jpg
Avengers5.jpg
Avengers3.jpg
Avengers2.jpg
Avengers1.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Ok, Expo, you got me! Your trick to get me to play Iron Man worked and before I even got home to Indianapolis, I'd agreed to buy a Vault Edition. You know what that means...

I need space!

So up for sale goes my Avengers Pro. It is in superlative shape, plays perfectly, fast and oodles of fun. And this one is loaded with extras:

- Shaker Motor ($150 more)

- Complete LED conversion

- Killer Tesseract Cube mod (http://pinballrefinery.bravesites.com/store#!/Tesseract-Cube-Version-2/p/19335862/category=4502268)

- LOKI Mod so you can actually see the letters on the inlanes

- All the Stern tweaks and mods so you can hit everything consistently; I actually finish Black Widow first about half the time when I play

- Trans is perfect, cabinet is perfect, playfield is perfect. It's the nicest Pro I've ever seen

Looking for $3,750, or $3,600 without the shaker. No trades, please - I need the space for Tony Stark!

Avengers1.jpg
Avengers2.jpg
Avengers3.jpg
Avengers4.jpg
Avengers5.jpg

#2 5 years ago

This used to be my machine, and it is indeed gorgeous. Randy is a stand-up guy. Deal with confidence.
I love this machine, I am actually picking up a AVLE this weekend.

GLWS

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! I will miss this one for sure, but I gots bad Iron Man Fever!

Also, you gotta send me pics of your new LE. Blue or Hulk?

#4 5 years ago

Good guy alert. Buy with COMPLETE confidence.

#5 5 years ago

That tesseract cube mod is awesome. Looks wise that is my biggest complaint about A stock AV. GLWS!!

#6 5 years ago

I have a new just out of the box IM Vault Edition I could trade and bring it up to you. I would want 700 cash added and I can come up Thur. If you already purchased one I understand just wanted to put the info out. Less than 50 plays. Just opened and adjusted the shooter rod.

#7 5 years ago

For all the mediocre games out there that get hyped up and celebrated, here's a game that gets a lot of criticism but is really, really fun and will make you a better player.

I played AV (my LE) way more than any of my other games for the last 22 months, and I just put up 2B on ACDC. I rest my case.

GLWS.

#8 5 years ago

Yes, it's an insanely underrated machine. Sad to be giving it up.

I've already agreed to purchase an IMVE from a Pinsider, but thanks to everyone for their offers.

#9 5 years ago

Avengers is a great machine , it's my favorite out of my 18 pin collection

#10 5 years ago

If you get it dialed in, it's hard to beat. Tons to do in it, love the Vs. modes.

#11 5 years ago

Awesome game, congrats to the new owner.

#12 5 years ago

Can't congratulate anyone yet...it's still for sale! LOL

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Also, you gotta send me pics of your new LE. Blue or Hulk?

I'm getting a blue one. I'll be sure to send some pics. Hopefully I will have it home on Sunday.

#14 5 years ago

Cool IMVE shows up here on Saturday night.

#15 5 years ago

If you decide you don't want the backbox kit on your IMVE, I'll buy it off you.

#16 5 years ago

I played this pin a few weeks ago and it is a beautiful pin. Randy is a great guy, you can't go wrong with this pin or him!!!

#17 5 years ago

good luck on the Avengers sale, IM is an awesome game!

RD is a great pinhead, buy with confidence--

#18 5 years ago

Wow so many kind words. I am very appreciative of them!

#19 5 years ago

Quick note that the game is tentatively sold, with pick up scheduled for Sunday.

#20 5 years ago

Ugh. Such a fun game. Hate to see this go cheap. GLWS.

#21 5 years ago

avengers was so critiziced at the begining

than, for my personnal advice (as my son "wants" this game) :

from what i remember there was a prob with ball blocking or falling under playfield, passing at the right of hulk, also hulk stacking balls... think STERN did send plastic pieces to adjust the 1st prob, what about the second ?

also, is the last code full & complete, or it still needs some adds and/or bug correction ?

tanx

#22 5 years ago

The game code is basically finished. There are a couple bugs and there is need for some minor polish/ironing out. But everything works and makes sense...except the B/W spinner. It has no purpose whatsoever.

I've written diatribes about wanting a code update...and I still do...but it's like taking a beautiful woman and wishing her calves were a little slimmer, or her butt a little tighter, or whatever. I think the game is very close to greatness, but not without some fixes. The game is excellent as is.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The game code is basically finished. There are a couple bugs and there is need for some minor polish/ironing out. But everything works and makes sense...except the B/W spinner. It has no purpose whatsoever.
I've written diatribes about wanting a code update...and I still do...but it's like taking a beautiful woman and wishing her calves were a little slimmer, or her butt a little tighter, or whatever. I think the game is very close to greatness, but not without some fixes. The game is excellent as is.

You think with the upcoming Avengers movie, they'll be spurred to finish or add any code/rules?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=tmeOjFno6Do

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Avengers was so critiziced at the begining
than, for my personnal advice (as my son "wants" this game) :
from what i remember there was a prob with ball blocking or falling under playfield, passing at the right of hulk, also hulk stacking balls... think STERN did send plastic pieces to adjust the 1st prob, what about the second ?
also, is the last code full & complete, or it still needs some adds and/or bug correction ?
tanx

Having owned the game for about 7 months, here's what I can tell you from my personal experience:

- People complain that the Black Widow shot is impossible to hit. I disagree. It is a very tight shot. The ramp also needs tweaked slightly with a couple of washers and on my machine at least, spraying it down with Plexus makes a HUGE difference. Once I had that squared away, it was not uncommon that I would collect BW first of all the Avengers. I found it to be arguably the most rewarding shot in the game. I will say that stacking it with Hulk multi ball was a huge help - and you can't do that on the LE version as it takes the bridge out. I've had folks tell me this is a reason they prefer the Pro to the LE, but I don't know about that since you can disable that on the LE if you'd like.

- Balls getting caught behind Hulk. I had this happen very infrequently. Maybe I was just lucky, maybe the previous owner had tweaked it, but it happened maybe every 20 games or so.

- Never heard of balls falling into the play field. Only thing I can think of is the Hulk lock out of BW ramp, but Stern did give a plastic fix for that, and it worked on my machine 95% of the time.

I think it is such a different machine that folks didn't know what to make of it. It has some VERY tight shots; Iron Man shot is tougher than BW by far IMO. The versus modes are great, and they follow the storyline of the movie very closely. Some of the voices are horrible (BW), some are great (Thor, Loki).

I think it's a very good game that was misjudged early on. Too bad, folks are missing out. I know at a recent party I had it was being played nonstop by hardcore players who couldn't get over what a fun game it was...

#25 5 years ago

I think alot of fun games get a bad rap due to being a poor choice for competitive gaming. AV suffers from the LOKI shot being very lucrative to shoot over and over and also the balls being stuck under Hulks arm. In a competitive environment, a skilled player can just rape this game. It makes it unbalanced unless you disable the Loki shot. I think it's sad since most people aren't fierce competitors. This is a fantastic game.

#26 5 years ago

Put super bands on, hitting BW shot will be so much easier as will most of the other shots. Game is not that hard, you just need to be able to consistently make the shots.

Consistently shooting Loki gets you nowhere in terms of progressing toward wizard modes.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You think with the upcoming Avengers movie, they'll be spurred to finish or add any code/rules?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=tmeOjFno6Do

Quite possibly. I know its gonna add $500 bucks to the price of my LE...so better find and buy now!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I think alot of fun games get a bad rap due to being a poor choice for competitive gaming. AV suffers from the LOKI shot being very lucrative to shoot over and over and also the balls being stuck under Hulks arm. In a competitive environment, a skilled player can just rape this game. It makes it unbalanced unless you disable the Loki shot. I think it's sad since most people aren't fierce competitors. This is a fantastic game.

I would love to play a "skilled player" that just wants to rape Loki all day. I'll shred them.

Also, BW is kinda hard to hit, which makes it oh so nice when you hit it six times in a row. This game is full of rewards that some pinheads don't even understand. That's the true shame of this game.

#29 5 years ago

tanx guys for the feedback

#30 5 years ago

The only place I believe the ball can fall through the playfield is near the Hulk bridge mechanism when the bridge is up. This is not a problem on Pro machines (bridge does not move) and Stern quickly fixed the problem on Prem/LE with a new rubber or post or something. It never happens on mine.

Overall a wonderful game to play. IM is the toughest shot for me and agree that hitting BW repeatedly when you get on a roll feels GREAT!

#31 5 years ago

BW is a VERY rewarding shot just from a feel standpoint. I love it, and that is the shot I will miss more than any other.

Game has been picked up by a very nice guy in Dayton. It's his first machine.

#32 5 years ago

Congrats on the sale. Hope you enjoy your new IMVE! I can't wait to pick up my AVLE tomorrow, I've missed that game.

#33 5 years ago

Mutual feelings Randy! You gave us some great tips on moving it since it was my first.

After playing it for a day, I see nothing wrong with the machine. I did have the ball get trapped behind Hulk once, but after 20-30 games. so it is not that bad. I still don't understand why this machine is getting poor reviews.

Already looking forward to our next machine!

#34 5 years ago

Awesome! Enjoy the game, and figure out where you're going to put more.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside