You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

For sale is my HUO Avengers LE Hulk edition, #49 of 250. I am the original owner, pet-free, smoke-free home. Game is like new with a few hundred plays and the latest code. Only "mods" are green flipper rubber and custom free play cards.

Price: $6,000

Thanks,
Joe

#2 11 years ago

Wow thats cheap man. Such a great pin. Dont know many people who have made it to wizard mode.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Wow thats cheap man. Such a great pin. Dont know many people who have made it to wizard mode.

Apparantly you haven't been watching the recent Hulk FS threads? Seems right in line with the current market value if you ask me (unfortunately).

GLWS! Great price for someone looking!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Apparantly you haven't been watching the recent Hulk FS threads? Seems right in line with the current market value if you ask me (unfortunately).

Ok, I thought 2 people had to sell theres for othe reasons. Didnt realize this was now the going rate. Suck to see what a Blue Avengers sells for. You know I've seen XmenW and Ms at 5000-5200 but also seen several over 6000-6300? I think it must be location or someone's desire to sell quick

#5 11 years ago

Not sure enough have sold to determine a "going rate". Nonetheless, I'm not a flipper or speculator, just a player/collector that likes to mix up the line up often.

#6 11 years ago

Well good luck with your sale. I do the same thing.

#7 11 years ago

Well if they were ~6900 shipped new, and this is $6250, that will probably translate to $6700 shipped. $200 off nib seems about right. Not dirt cheap, not too pricy, just about what one would expect.

#9 11 years ago

When they drop in price to 5500, I'll get one. GLWS

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

When they drop in price to 5500, I'll get one. GLWS

What happens if they go the route of IM? That was also a sleeper.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What happens if they go the route of IM? That was also a sleeper.

Then he'll be paying $7.5K for it in a year or so.

#12 11 years ago

if they start selling for 5500 i will buy them all. there was only 250 hulks and half went overseas

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from garyspinballs:

if they start selling for 5500 i will buy them all. there was only 250 hulks and half went overseas

The half went overseas part is incorrect.

#14 11 years ago

i was told half of sterns alotment goes overseas maybe i am incorrect

#15 11 years ago

maybe somebody else can chime in on that.

#16 11 years ago

maybe somebody else can chime in on that.

Not always...only if there's demand. Don't think half the Hulks left.

#17 11 years ago

everyone always thinks half go overseas for everything. Nobody knows the true numbers of anything. Just like Sterns production numbers. Nobody except bookkeeping know for sure. Just assume they are all here, because even the ones that go over there, seem to end up back here in containers anyway. So what's the difference. They still exist.

#18 11 years ago

I wouldn't sell my Hulk LE for less than $10k

#19 11 years ago

Sure you will.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Plan on having it for a long long time

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Plan on having it for a long long time

Just til Christmas

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just til Christmas

Xmas 2016

#23 11 years ago

Still tied with acdc for me. Great game if you get it.

#24 11 years ago

I would also consider trades. Looking for Stern's Iron Man or excellent condition early solid state games (1979 - 1981-ish) from Stern, Bally or Williams.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

You failed to realize he owns one. So at $10,000 he would still say, WOW! Great price!!!

It is a fair price though. Good luck with your sale. The only avengers I was able to play was a pro and the ball got stuck in 2 different places on 1 game, finally shook the shook the shit out of it and it tilted, then walked away. I'd love to get some time in on a good working LE.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$10,000, WOW! Great price!!!

Absolutely agreed!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

You should start a FS thread for your Hulk

#28 11 years ago

I wonder if people really fall for that shit, when some say. Great price, wish I was closer, I'd pay double that...and complete bullshit such as that? I'm sure there are new cummers on here, that see it and think..wow that's a great price. I'm going to snag this one on CL quick for 9989.99 before the price goes up.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I wonder if people really fall for that shit, when some say. Great price, wish I was closer, I'd pay double that...and complete bullshit such as that? I'm sure there are new cummers on here, that see it and think..wow that's a great price. I'm going to snag this one on CL quick for 9989.99 before the price goes up.

That why they need a captain o captain my captain.

#30 11 years ago

maybe I should start a poll. "how many of you fall for this shit" thread.

#31 11 years ago

... another simple 'for sale' post cluttered up with a bunch of Pinside muck.

GLWS Joe, I know its here somewhere!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Now now, you mean like when you sold all of your games at those reasonable prices ; )

You cant sell high and then bitch that you cant buy low. But you do a fine job of trying : )

#33 11 years ago

Just had my best games Avengers. 171M. Completed 3 I think, and yet never got a bonus larger than 10M. I'd been playing mostly ACDC with alone TFLE and no avengers of late...and yet starting last night and again today, its all I want to play. I really think this game might have some serious staying power. If people are seriously paying $5,500 for Iron Mans, this game is an absolute steal at $6k and below. It's a phenomenal game. Maybe it's just too had for most people. I still have my outlanes wide open and its crazy challenging.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just had my best games Avengers. 171M. Completed 3 I think, and yet never got a bonus larger than 10M. I'd been playing mostly ACDC with alone TFLE and no Avengers of late...and yet starting last night and again today, its all I want to play. I really think this game might have some serious staying power. If people are seriously paying $5,500 for Iron Mans, this game is an absolute steal at $6k and below. It's a phenomenal game. Maybe it's just too had for most people. I still have my outlanes wide open and its crazy challenging.

Ironman is just so simple but yet so fun, the spinners on the side, the ramps, the flow. the challenge of the pin. If you modify the pin, it can look like a LE. I have a Hulk LE and it looks and sounds better but in NO way do I think its better. I sell Hulk LE before IM even at the same price of 6200. I could bring it to the ATL swap meet next weekend but no way would I bring IM or even Xmen as it way better with the improved code.

#35 11 years ago

Just had my best games Avengers. 171M. Completed 3 I think, and yet never got a bonus larger than 10M. I'd been playing mostly ACDC with alone TFLE and no Avengers of late...and yet starting last night and again today, its all I want to play. I really think this game might have some serious staying power. If people are seriously paying $5,500 for Iron Mans, this game is an absolute steal at $6k and below. It's a phenomenal game. Maybe it's just too had for most people. I still have my outlanes wide open and its crazy challenging.

Who cares what other people are paying for other games? Titles stand alone in value IMO.

I own Avengers but don't consider it too hard or too easy. I blame the price decrease on the new game release and the fact that so many people haven't played an Avengers that was set up correctly for any period of time to learn how good the rules are. That and I think that we sometimes forget that games usually go down in value once we open the box- I opened my Hulk up and it's gone down in value, and I accept that.. kind of like driving a new car off the lot. I'm keeping mine so the fluctuation in market value doesn't matter to me, even if I hope it goes/stays up.

#36 11 years ago

Avengers is a solid game...just trying to free up a spot. It's no fire-sale though and I'll keep it in favor of dropping the price a bunch. Any questions or trade offers, drop me a pm.

Thanks,
Joe

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yea. There aren't enough pricing threads. We really need another. No one falls for that. And if anyone did then they are stupid enough that they would be over paying one way or another. Prices are not determined or changed by comments in forums. Only important points are the actual sales prices.

#38 11 years ago

Cmon Pimp77 giving that a thumbs down WTF!

#39 11 years ago

Because the pimps a gimp!

#40 11 years ago

Because the pimps a gimp!

He is normally a good guy. maybe TAV upsets him. Great game in my book. Just put all my games on subwoofers and holy cow!!!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I'm really beginning to think Stern is starting to place a lot of people here on Pinside to hype games and prices.

Quoted from markmon:

Well if they were ~6900 shipped new, and this is $6250, that will probably translate to $6700 shipped. $200 off nib seems about right. Not dirt cheap, not too pricy, just about what one would expect.

This is spot on. People who "invest" in items in a hobby usually don't make money and shouldn't expect to make money . . . granted there are people in this hobby that make a lot of money servicing the hobby with LEDs and mods and other stuff.

#42 11 years ago

Quick Question. Not trying to be an expert so this is "just a question".

Why are X-MEN LE's selling for around $5K and Avengers LE going for $6K plus. They are both fairly new and it appears the reviews are similar in fact with the new code I spoke to someone today that owns both (took a road trip to PA. to pick up a nice TZ in really nice shape loaded with mods for $4,850 which was worth travelling for as the one I had wasn't as nice and I traded it for a reall nice SS a few weeks ago) told me he likes X-MEN LE better then Avengers LE even though he liked Avengers LE. Seems the reviews are similar and I believe the initial price on both was about the same. So either X-MEN LE's are undervalued at around $5K (and that is what they are going for as I just got one with shaker and was given $800 and the guy drove 6 hours to boot for one my AC/DC premium NIB) or Avengers LE are overvalued at $6K.

Again, only a question so no need to "jump all over me".....just want to know anyones opinions on why X-MEN LE's seem to be going for a decent amount ($500-$1,000) less then Avengers LE if everyone agrees that Avengers LE are a great deal at $6K.

Being fairly new, at times I don't get it so just want to learn something to help me down the road.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Quick Question. Not trying to be an expert so this is "just a question".
Why are X-MEN LE's selling for around $5K and Avengers LE going for $6K plus. They are both fairly new and it appears the reviews are similar in fact with the new code I spoke to someone today that owns both (took a road trip to PA. to pick up a nice TZ in really nice shape loaded with mods for $4,850 which was worth travelling for as the one I had wasn't as nice and I traded it for a reall nice SS a few weeks ago) told me he likes X-MEN LE better then Avengers LE even though he liked Avengers LE. Seems the reviews are similar and I believe the initial price on both was about the same. So either X-MEN LE's are undervalued at around $5K (and that is what they are going for as I just got one with shaker and was given $800 and the guy drove 6 hours to boot for one my AC/DC premium NIB) or Avengers LE are overvalued at $6K.
Again, only a question so no need to "jump all over me".....just want to know anyones opinions on why X-MEN LE's seem to be going for a decent amount ($500-$1,000) less then Avengers LE if everyone agrees that Avengers LE are a great deal at $6K.
Being fairly new, at times I don't get it so just want to learn something to help me down the road.

XMEN LE had awful code at the start that Stern did not address for eight months. Many wrote off the game right out of the box (so to speak) and others just read the negative reviews and parrotted the bad publicity for the machine.

XMen has good code now and, in my opinion, better art, better music, better dots, better call outs, better shot layout than most Sterns, and has a TON of different things to do. XMen will grow in respect and probably value just like Borg's other game IM has done.

Good luck on the Avengers sale to OP. Price he is looking for seems reasonable to me.

#44 11 years ago

Price seems quite reasonable.Should be sold soon.
GLWS.

#45 11 years ago

Thanks for the response...personally I felt X-MEN LE at $5K was undervalued and was not implying that Avengers LE at $6K was overvalued.....but to me the 2 should be priced about the same based on what I have read and just the conversation I had with a guy who owned both today. He was going ALL NEW STERNS and sold me his Twilight Zone and had just sold a WH2O as his collection was LOTR, SM, Avengers LE, Tron Pro, X-MEN LE, TSPP and I know he is getting in a new WOZLE (which is Jersey Jack of course) so when he told me he liked X-MEN LE more then Avengers LE it did carry some weight....funny thing is he liked TRON PRO better then both !!! Again, just one guys opinion.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cmon Pimp77 giving that a thumbs down WTF!

People pay attention to the thumbs up/down? LOL! I must have pressed it accidentally while scrolling...but it's family arcade so maybe I'll just leave it.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

but it's family arcade so maybe I'll just leave it.

Agreed! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Thanks for the response...personally I felt X-MEN LE at $5K was undervalued and was not implying that Avengers LE at $6K was overvalued.....but to me the 2 should be priced about the same based on what I have read and just the conversation I had with a guy who owned both today. He was going ALL NEW STERNS and sold me his Twilight Zone and had just sold a WH2O as his collection was LOTR, SM, Avengers LE, Tron Pro, X-MEN LE, TSPP and I know he is getting in a new WOZLE (which is Jersey Jack of course) so when he told me he liked X-MEN LE more then Avengers LE it did carry some weight....funny thing is he liked TRON PRO better then both !!! Again, just one guys opinion.

Everyone of course has theyre own opinion but Xmen isn't even close to Avengers. Avengers is just alot better pin. I can't stand Xmens play even with the new code. I believe they fell short with Xmens code updates. BTW Avengers has only had one code update and most people haven't even asked for all the fixes from Stern.. I called and told them i owned Avengers and they sent me a box with 10-11 items in it. All helped the pin.
Again GlWTS

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don't let the smiley face fool you...Mr. Negative is back at work.

#50 11 years ago

You know and I do enjoy the "back and forth". However, in my few months on this site I see BARGAINS SCOOPED UP IN A NY MINUTE.

People on here KNOW VALUE so lets all get real. Nobody owning Hulk LE's or X-MEN LE's want to face the reality of VALUE TODAY. Sure, in 2 years or more (or less) they could go the IM road but as of TODAY they have not. Everyone loves buying the WINNERS (TRON LE for example) but sometimes games decrease and X-MEN LE has and so has AVENGERS LE. From a "flipper standpoint" (and a lot of people buy these to make money...it is just the way it is) both AVENGERS LE and WOLVERINE LE have been MONEY LOSERS....I laugh and think "they have been out less then a year" so all these people selling them and telling everyone else they are worth over $6K are just fooling themselves.

If they were everytime a For Sale for a X-MEN LE went up over $6K it would be GONE IN A DAY OR TWO....they sit....the HULK LE is having the same issue. It is a $5.5K game....BASH ME but if I am wrong this would have gotten more interest. What someone PAYS MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING......is anyone going to sell you their TRON LE for what THEY PAID.....everyone loves the one way street. I LOVE IT and WE ALL DO....however, the AVENGERS AND X-MEN from a "speculative standpoint" were LOSERS so if someone wants to get rid of them they take the $1K or more loss (like many have done) and move on....that is the way "this game works"....

Same thing might happen to METALLICA LE and in my opinion it will. JUST MY OPINION but if anyone is buying it for the RIGHT REASONS to enjoy and play it for many years just like a NEW CAR they will not care....however, half the people are buying it to either sell it or play it and sell it and make money....so that is why I hope it drops big in value.....this is out of control in my opinion.

Bash me on being a hypocrit because most people know I bought 3 NIB AC/DC premiums and 3 NIB TRON PROS but value has been established in my opinion and they were bought to trade (already traded one of them) and AFTER MARKET IS ESTABLISHED....nobody knows what a METALLICA LE will go for so even I would not buy it as TRADE BAIT it is pure speculation....everyone might HATE THE GAME PLAY (like Rolling Stones) so I prefer to wait until the game is out and people have played it and I don't consider that PURE SPECULATION like people have done with so many of these games.....I know the value of an AC/DC premium and Tron Pro and see little risk of the NIB's decreasing over the short term as I use them to trade for pins I want.

Hulk LE is a sub $6K pin in my opinion or will be shortly....that is just the facts....everyone uses IM as the "proxy".....hey, not every machine is a MM or MB.....buying the X-MEN LE and AVENGERS LE was a bad purchase unless someone was keeping it to ENJOY FOR YEARS...so take your loss (which truly should be over $1K and move on).....that is the way this hobby works if people want to buy these LE's....you will WIN SOME and LOSE SOME and nobody is liking the LOSSES.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-avengers-le-hulk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.