(Topic ID: 77996)

FS: Avengers HULK LE #206 of 250 HUO 5500.00 firm.

By biglaw

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by biglaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

avengers%20HULK%20LE%20006.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20005.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20004.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20003.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20002.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20001.jpg
#1 10 years ago

just putting this out there if anyones interested. Avengers HULK LE #206 of 250. mods flipper fidelity: color changing backbox. lasertriffic topper. pinball topper lighted speaker with inserts. zdoors cube ver.1. figurines Thor swinging hammer,hawkeye lighted arrow,ironman lighted chest,loki lighted spear. lighted quinjet. brought this NIB and still have the box. HUO cab has no bumps,dings,or scratches.

avengers%20HULK%20LE%20001.jpgavengers%20HULK%20LE%20001.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20002.jpgavengers%20HULK%20LE%20002.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20003.jpgavengers%20HULK%20LE%20003.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20004.jpgavengers%20HULK%20LE%20004.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20005.jpgavengers%20HULK%20LE%20005.jpg
avengers%20HULK%20LE%20006.jpgavengers%20HULK%20LE%20006.jpg

#2 10 years ago

why is this pin worth so little?
I have the same.

#3 10 years ago

What should it be worth to you 35mm?

#4 10 years ago

Forgot fist shooter rod.here is a link to you tube to see the figure mods. http://www.youtube.com/embed/6a4TE-aHnHA?autoplay=1&rel=0

#5 10 years ago

I think a LE pin this new shouldn't have devalued this quickly.
Am I wrong?
Do u think Star Trek LE will devalue as much? I don't.
It's a question, thxs.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

I have the same.

Partly because the code was never really finished
Partly because the game had so many mechanical bugs requiring fixes
Partly because the "flat" looking playfield doesn't appear as exciting at first glance

In fact, I do think it's a pretty decent game if you've addressed all of the mechanical issues/tweaks required. I'd be a buyer at $5500.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

I think a LE pin this new shouldn't have devalued this quickly

thanks 35mm just priced it at what i would sell it for. not going lower as i dont have to sell it.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Partly because the code was never really finished
Partly because the game had so many mechanical bugs requiring fixes
Partly because the "flat" looking playfield doesn't appear as exciting at first glance
In fact, I do think it's a pretty decent game if you've addressed all of the mechanical issues/tweaks required. I'd be a buyer at $5500.

Gotcha, I had no idea ...and to the OP, I'm not suggesting it's worth $6K, but today I debated selling mine too and was shocked there was one for sale at $5400. Like what happened? This was a pretty hot machine not long ago ha.

#9 10 years ago

$5300
$5400
$5650

All listed in the last week in the market place

Quoted from 35mm:

Gotcha, I had no idea ...and to the OP, I'm not suggesting it's worth $6K, but today I debated selling mine too and was shocked there was one for sale at $5400. Like what happened? This was a pretty hot machine not long ago ha.

#10 10 years ago

Great seller! One of the best here on Pinside. Just bad timing to sell. Should have made that trade with me on the WOZ standard. Ha Ha!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

I think a LE pin this new shouldn't have devalued this quickly.
Am I wrong?
Do u think Star Trek LE will devalue as much? I don't.
It's a question, thxs.

A home use LE can only go up in value when distributors have none left and if there is demand for them. Supply and demand, it's that simple. An LE isn't guaranteed to instantly go up in value.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Should have made that trade with me on the WOZ standard

yes i should have Buddy. wouldnt still be waiting on the wozle. i should have looked in the market place. looks like i will have to keep it. maybe trade for a STLE down the road.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A home use LE can only go up in value when distributors have none left and if there is demand for them. Supply and demand, it's that simple. An LE isn't guaranteed to instantly go up in value.

Yeah I understand economics. It was really a design/finished product/gameplay question which the other poster answered but thxs. The game isn't popular I guess. No worries. Thxs

#14 10 years ago

Hulk is not bad, its just feels different. I still have mine just because there is no real buyers and I love the theme. Avengers is a GREAT theme for someone in the movie business.

I did sell my TF:LE cheap as I dislike the airball bouncing shots over the flippers. That pin should have been epic like Hulk/Avengers

I still enjoy his older designs like Corvette and Playboy.

#15 10 years ago

Love you Avatar name 35mm. I showed my last film ever back in Dec. The Hunger Games:Catching fire. 35mm Film was great for over a 100 years and the Simplex projectors I have worked great for over 50 years.

#16 10 years ago

I think big law went up to Canada and grabbed that Totan beauty if I recall correctly?

GL big……it seems nothing is selling these days

#17 10 years ago

Hulk is not bad, its just feels different. I still have mine just because there is no real buyers and I love the theme. Avengers is a GREAT theme for someone in the movie business.
I did sell my TF:LE cheap as I dislike the airball bouncing shots over the flippers. That pin should have been epic like Hulk/Avengers
I still enjoy his older designs like Corvette and Playboy.

Totally agree. People play it here. And it's not worth losing $ on, so I'll keep it.

#18 10 years ago

Love you Avatar name 35mm. I showed my last film ever back in Dec. The Hunger Games:Catching fire. 35mm Film was great for over a 100 years and the Simplex projectors I have worked great for over 50 years.

thxs, you own or used to work in a theater?

#19 10 years ago

Please check out the links if you have Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/centraldrivein

We tried to win a FREE digital projector which cost over 80k
See here please www.projectdrivein.com

Please watch this happy and sad video to see the winners

#t=28

Also have an indoor cinema

https://www.facebook.com/nortoncinema

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

Yeah I understand economics. It was really a design/finished product/gameplay question which the other poster answered but thxs. The game isn't popular I guess. No worries. Thxs

Since not everyone gets a chance to play new machines, people often form their opinions based on others impressions. Groupthink can form a game's reputation. Avengers had a lot of bad design decisions out of the box - they can all be fixed/improved & once that's done, it's an absolutely solid & fun game. However, if most people aren't playing machines that have been improved…reputation will probably stay stagnant.

#21 10 years ago

I recently lost $1,500 selling a pin. Sometimes you just have to take a loss and move on. It's painful, but I'd still rather do that and ultimately get something I like significantly more in the process. Please understand that I am not suggesting that your situation is equivalent. It's just meant as a general observation. Like most other things, pins don't always retain their monetary value. I came into this hobby with that illusion, but I've since learned my lesson. As they say, "Education is expensive."

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

As they say, "Education is expensive."

Not sure about "losing" any value on any pin. Hopefully people buy because they love it, play it and get value out of it. There is going to be a whole lot of "educating" going on this year if people are worried about "losing money".

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure about "losing" any value on any pin.

Of course, one has to consider the value of having a pin to use for a certain amount of time. In the case I mentioned, however, I truly did not get $1.5k's worth of use out of the pin in the year and a half I owned it. Anyway, sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. I won't hold onto a pin just because I know I will take a beating over the price. If I can't afford to do that occasionally, then I'd better not be in this hobby.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

If I can't afford to do that occasionally, then I'd better not be in this hobby.

Bingo, I haven't sold one yet but when I do, I expect to lose money from what I paid for it. No biggie

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I recently lost $1,500 selling a pin. Sometimes you just have to take a loss and move on. It's painful, but I'd still rather do that and ultimately get something I like significantly more in the process. Please understand that I am not suggesting that your situation is equivalent. It's just meant as a general observation. Like most other things, pins don't always retain their monetary value. I came into this hobby with that illusion, but I've since learned my lesson. As they say, "Education is expensive."

good advice

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think big law went up to Canada and grabbed that Totan beauty if I recall correctly

no marlboroman(super guy) drove down from canada and bought one i restored. then i regretted selling it. found another one and just finished restoreing it with the help of Chris(HEP) doing the playfield.

#27 10 years ago

I agree with the consensus here. I have Avengers LE. It fits in nice with my Batman TDK, IM and Spiderman. I bought it NIB. I enjoy playing it. Someday I may sell it and when I do I will probably take some loss, but that's cool, I am getting my fun out of it now. I never buy any machine thinking it will gain or hold value. These are not investment tools, they are games to have fun with. Buy them, enjoy them and be willing to move on !

#28 10 years ago

I sold my Blue LE with mods for $5200 ............There is just no demand for this bad boy! I will say this, heck if I was shopping for a AVLE, I would buy this one. That game looks amazing with all of those mods.

#29 10 years ago

It does look like a nice game. I'd probably go $5500 on this one for sure.

#30 10 years ago

People complained that a lot of new games coming out were all using the same few successful layouts with small changes. Avengers is completely different than anything else to come out and now people complain about that.

Avengers is the hardest game I own and IMO the hulk version is one of the best looking cabs out there and I think it deserves more attention than it gets. Great for med to large collections. For what they have been going for they are one of the best deals on the market. Playing this game will make you a better player as a lot of shots are very tight and very hard to complete the avengers on the default settings minus the hulk. Game would really benefit from a software update. There's a lot of cool modes in the game but most people will never see them without adjusting the settings.

With that being said I think tron acdc Metallica and Star Trek are all better games and that has hurt the value. If I did have to get rid of a pin it would prob be avengers. Although if I had to sell it 1500-2k less than what I have in it I would prob keep it or trade it. They only made 250 of each version so I think eventually the price will even out after most of the nib floating around are in private collections. The release of avengers 2 could help increase demand as well.

Might take a little while to sell but I think 6k with all those mods is a good price and eventually someone will grab.

#31 10 years ago

may consider a trade. not interested in a X-men ,stern pros or ems

#33 10 years ago

Bump ... For a Great Seller! buy with confidence !

Mauro

#34 10 years ago

Hope you got it.
You should try a TF:LE as BigLaw has one too

#35 10 years ago

VERY nice machine! Great job with the mods. Love them all! WTG BL and GLWYS.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

no marlboroman(super guy) drove down from canada and bought one i restored. then i regretted selling it. found another one and just finished restoreing it with the help of Chris(HEP) doing the playfield.

ahhh yes! I remember the that and the feeling of non buyers remorse at the time , GLWS Biglaw!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

I have the same.

Quoted from 35mm:

I have the same.

Why is McDonalds so popular? Why do people watch reality television? Why do people deny climate change? There are a lot of people in the world that do a lot of stupid things...while insisting that they know what bests for them and everyone else. The "masses" often get it wrong. Avengers is something they got wrong. Revel in the glory that you get it, and stop worrying about what people with questionable taste think.

#38 10 years ago

deal fell through. so i desided to keep it. off market. the buyer and i agreed on not doing the deal. no hard feelings either way.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why is McDonalds so popular? Why do people watch reality television? Why do people deny climate change? There are a lot of people in the world that do a lot of stupid things...while insisting that they know what bests for them and everyone else. The "masses" often get it wrong. Avengers is something they got wrong. Revel in the glory that you get it, and stop worrying about what people with questionable taste think.

Why do people deny climate change? What is the next issue for Washington to take on - pinball inequality!

6 months later
#40 9 years ago

decided to put HULK back up for sale. taking a good beating on this one. price is 5500.00. less than 100 plays, might consider some trades +/- cash or even. depends on trade. no EMs or stern pros except maybe tron

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-avengers-hulk-le-206-of-250-huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.