You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fake_surprise.gif
hulk.gif
picard.png
bouncyblond.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

The market is driven by what someone pays, not what someone thinks it's worth.

So true! Hulk owners seem to be defensive about the price of their machine and want to protect it from selling for a low price... just like Eggbert did on X-men LE when he went way below what everyone else was selling for at that time. Once he sold his, all the others seemed to take a dive, regardless of why (code). Once that Hulk LE sells for $6200, Hulk owners fear they may lose money on their pin.

And I don't care what pin it is, when you own an LE, you are hoping that it holds it value... it's only human nature.

I see a lot of hulk owners in here saying they wouldn't sell for "X".. that doesn't matter, the market is driven by buyers! There doesn't appear to be a large demand or group of buyers willing to shell out "X", so if a seller really wants to sell, they need to lower the price to get it gone (again, like eggbert did with X-men).

That being said, the seller here said he's not motivated to sell, so I guess that's good. Best of luck with your sale, and if the market is hot, the game will sell for your asking price, period.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Or any owner for that matter. In the case of X-Men i would gather more so judging from the "10K before Christmas" crowd that pumped that game and sparked a few sales to those drinking the cool-aid.
Supply/Demand cant be denied.. This game looks fun and less crippled by code issues so maybe it keeps its value.
Derek, did you open the box yet? Photos or it didn't happen.

Everyone seems to be stuck on the code being finished, and that's important, but it's not the only thing that makes a pin. Lots of games have finished code and still aren't selling for big money- or over what they sold for.

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thats not the market. One low pin is not the market. There are always fire sale pins, fair priced pins and dumb priced pins. Gerrys is fair. The other guy saw a Hulk LE out there and priced to move fast against it. Again that does not shift the market down.

Yeah, but one high sale and that's what everyone thinks their machine is gold! Look at the BIBLE that sold on ebay a while back, someone put up a WTB and someone threw the auction link in and said "this is what I use to give me an idea of what my BIBLE is worth!". Same goes for Tron LE's and any of the high end titles.

I think this is a fair price, there are other options for others that aren't interested for whatever reason (location, whatever).

Good luck with your sale!!

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's also not a Hulk. Hulk was the one everyone wanted from the get go and there are only 250 of them.

While I agree that the Hulk is what everyone wanted at release, the test of time is what determines how much the pin will be worth and if it maintains, goes up, or goes down. While there is a demand for Hulks, I don't see a high demand for them- Yet. It's kind of early for this title.

I think that we can all agree that we'll know more about whether the Hulk LE is a grand slam, about the same, or a bomb like TF in a year or so. For right now, the price, which I think is fair, reflects this.

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BMI has one for 7995 : )

There's a couple of used ones out there for mid-$6K's, you just have to look around... problem there is shipping/location on a low #'s game such as this one, so by the time you do have to ship an opened game I'd rather go NIB if it's not too much more...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-avenger-le-hulk-66-syracuse-ny?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.