You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fake_surprise.gif
hulk.gif
picard.png
bouncyblond.gif
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 11 years ago

It's also not a Hulk. Hulk was the one everyone wanted from the get go and there are only 250 of them.

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thats not the market. One low pin is not the market. There are always fire sale pins, fair priced pins and dumb priced pins. Gerrys is fair. The other guy saw a Hulk LE out there and priced to move fast against it. Again that does not shift the market down.

Yeah, but one high sale and that's what everyone thinks their machine is gold! Look at the BIBLE that sold on ebay a while back, someone put up a WTB and someone threw the auction link in and said "this is what I use to give me an idea of what my BIBLE is worth!". Same goes for Tron LE's and any of the high end titles.

I think this is a fair price, there are other options for others that aren't interested for whatever reason (location, whatever).

Good luck with your sale!!

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's also not a Hulk. Hulk was the one everyone wanted from the get go and there are only 250 of them.

While I agree that the Hulk is what everyone wanted at release, the test of time is what determines how much the pin will be worth and if it maintains, goes up, or goes down. While there is a demand for Hulks, I don't see a high demand for them- Yet. It's kind of early for this title.

I think that we can all agree that we'll know more about whether the Hulk LE is a grand slam, about the same, or a bomb like TF in a year or so. For right now, the price, which I think is fair, reflects this.

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

While I agree that the Hulk is what everyone wanted at release, the test of time is what determines how much the pin will be worth and if it maintains, goes up, or goes down. While there is a demand for Hulks, I don't see a high demand for them- Yet. It's kind of early for this title.
I think that we can all agree that we'll know more about whether the Hulk LE is a grand slam, about the same, or a bomb like TF in a year or so. For right now, the price, which I think is fair, reflects this.

Yea, I definitely won't say it's a grand slam. But, the reason I bought one is because right when it was out guys loved it. Then, the game ended up being pretty darn good.

I think it's safe to say he'll get at least $7K when it's all said and done. Where else you gonna get a Hulk for less than $8K right now?

I agree with you on the right now part though. I think the biggest problem is that not many people own AV and hardly any are on site. So, it's going to be a much longer time before this pin gets the traction it needs to raise the price.

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hulk for less than $8K right now?

BMI has one for 7995 : )

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Then you ignore the sellers request. It's like showing up to buy a pin with a check if they say cash only. You look like an idiot.

Quoted from shlockdoc:

Really name calling! An idiot really!

No name calling- person going to buy pin with check looks like idiot. Sorry if offended.

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BMI has one for 7995 : )

There's a couple of used ones out there for mid-$6K's, you just have to look around... problem there is shipping/location on a low #'s game such as this one, so by the time you do have to ship an opened game I'd rather go NIB if it's not too much more...

#209 11 years ago

The question should be, why hasn't it sold? Why? Because nobody has payed his asking price yet.
He wants cash,not use my 0% credit card and pay over time. If a collector wants to drop 6-7 k on a new stern they can buy a NIB from a vendor and not have to pay up front.

#210 11 years ago

This is the longest FS thread ever.

Normally it's 2 hours of "I wish you were closer"

And then "Thanks for all the inquiries, the game is sold"

#211 11 years ago

I wonder why?

#212 11 years ago

Cuz you didn't buy it yet! DICK!

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is the longest FS thread ever.
Normally it's 2 hours of "I wish you were closer"
And then "Thanks for all the inquiries, the game is sold"

I've noticed that the market has defiantly slowed down since last summer. Especially with the higher priced newer sterns. I think Gerry sold all his pins that were priced under 3k in a day or 2 while ironman and hulk taking longer. (Not sure if ironman sold as of yet). Also there are a lot of new games coming out soon and people may be saving money for hobbit or waiting to see what Star Trek/ Metallica will look like. Winter may also be a factor as I'm sure less people want to drive in winter to pick up a pin, especially if its a longer drive.

I would say that if you really wanted the hulk over the blue LE or premium I wouldn't wait as its gonna be harder to find them at this price a year from now. Also the light up cube mod that was installed looks a lot better than the standard cube. None of those ugly rivets!!

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Gerry,
I made an offer - so "you think" its a lowball. Go see the LE listed today for 6250 with two sets of cabinet decals and other treats. MY offer is in line with the market.
If you use pinside to sell a pin - it would be good karma to send a donation to pinside.
Im sorry you felt my offer was not serious. History might prove otherwise. Best of luck bumping this one.
Mark

Yes and its Blue...

And i know a guy that sold his MM for 6800 a year ago and it was super, super nice...i guess they are all worth that now...

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Gerry,
I made an offer - so "you think" its a lowball. Go see the LE listed today for 6250 with two sets of cabinet decals and other treats. MY offer is in line with the market.
If you use pinside to sell a pin - it would be good karma to send a donation to pinside.
Im sorry you felt my offer was not serious. History might prove otherwise. Best of luck bumping this one.
Mark

And by the way you CANT buy it for your offer....

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

And by the way you CANT buy it for your offer....

Gerry- sell it to me for Shlock's offer just to annoy him!

#217 11 years ago

How can anyone say Hulk will be worth more in a year or so....What happened to IJ4???

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Yes and its Blue...
And i know a guy that sold his MM for 6800 a year ago and it was super, super nice...i guess they are all worth that now...

That blue is today. Real time. Like the stock market. Gerry I dropped this days ago. My offer is retracted. Oh wait......wait.......wait.....GLWS.

Mk

#219 11 years ago

Gerry wins. Withholding any BS until sold. Gah it's hard on this one.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

How can anyone say Hulk will be worth more in a year or so....What happened to IJ4???

I lost a good chunk on IJ4 but actually if you have one now you can make a profit.. but that was a 4K game and there are not many available FS... that you can make some $$ on it is more a result of the overall cost of pins going up though.

#221 11 years ago

Gerry, are you getting any reasonable offers?

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Gerry, are you getting any reasonable offers?

lol

Obviously the answer to that depends entirely on your definition of "reasonable".

Just ask Shlockdoc.

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Gerry. Since you are using pinside to sell your pin, how about a donation to pinside and spread the love my man.

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Because X-Men was going to be worth $10K by Christmas. ( though they were selling for a lot less by then ).

LTG : )

#225 11 years ago

Back from Texas...bump for Shlock....

BTW thanks for retracting that bottom feeder offer

#227 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hulk-21

Vindicated. Hulk , Hulk, Hulk #21 asking 6500. Not a blue but a green. My offer was fair and the BS spewed was just that. Good luck with the sale.

Shlock

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Back from Texas...bump for Shlock....
BTW thanks for retracting that bottom feeder offer

One could only hope that is the bottom my man.

#229 11 years ago

Gerry don't forget about the MM I passed on for 5k nine months ago.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hulk-21
Vindicated. Hulk , Hulk, Hulk #21 asking 6500. Not a blue but a green. My offer was fair and the BS spewed was just that. Good luck with the sale.
Shlock

Aaaaaand here we go....

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aaaaaand here we go....

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/5261

another HULKY doodle - 6900 , my 6300 offer is less than 10 off that one. low number as well. Lets do Hulk coast to coast and all hold hands that are all for sale. NY, IL, CA. Need to fill in in between.

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

another HULKY doodle - 6900 , my 6300 offer is less than 10 off that one. low number as well. Lets do Hulk coast to coast and all hold hands that are all for sale. NY, IL, CA. Need to fill in in between.

Ughhhhh !

2 weeks later
#233 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is 6300 a low ball offer? To me it initially it felt like it Was. But the more I think about it, the offer was about 90% of what the buyer has into it. If you were selling something for $25 would you call an offer of $20 low balling? But at the same time would you take 90% of what a stock is trading for? I guess it totally depends how liquid the item that is being sold is.

Btw I think it's ok to offer any amount for a game. I don't think I would ever take offense to it as a seller but that's just me.

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

s 6300 a low ball offer?

I wouldnt call it that bad.....5k or something like that woud be considered low ball. 6300 when asking 6900 isnt something to get offended over.

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

Is 6300 a low ball offer? To me it initially it felt like it Was. But the more I think about it, the offer was about 90% of what the buyer has into it. If you were selling something for $25 would you call an offer of $20 low balling? But at the same time would you take 90% of what a stock is trading for? I guess it totally depends how liquid the item that is being sold is.
Btw I think it's ok to offer any amount for a game. I don't think I would ever take offense to it as a seller but that's just me.

Bird in hand as my mom would say. The current state of the hobby has people thinking like stock market 2000, up up and away. I felt it was a fair offer for a game with mixed reviews and typical stern engineering factored in.

1 week later
#238 11 years ago

Gerry not price policing you or anything but damn man stop being so stubborn. It's been a month it has not sold and it seems will not sell at your wanted price. Drop a few 100 bucks and I bet people will come out of the woodwork to hump your leg, I mean buy your game. Been right where you are and you know what it did me know good being stubborn with my price, they never sell unless it's something rare.

You did have a few people ready to buy it if you give a little.

#239 11 years ago

He's got a point Gerry

$7200 used from you

Or

$6500 NIB Hulk LE from another Pinsider

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hulk-182-6500-new-in-box-still-on-pallet-from-stern

You've got street cred here on Pinside so someone will certainly buy it from you @ the right price I'm sure.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

He's got a point Gerry
$7200 used from you
Or
$6500 NIB Hulk LE from another Pinsider
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hulk-182-6500-new-in-box-still-on-pallet-from-stern
You've got street cred here on Pinside so someone will certainly buy it from you @ the right price I'm sure.

That's gonna leave a mark!

#241 11 years ago

BUMP

#243 11 years ago

This game is going to sell super quick at this price. I truly wish I were a few states closer. Damn I want this game.

Mark

#244 11 years ago

Used Avengers are selling for $6500 all day long............There is even one NIB for $6500. The game won't suffer the fate of X-Men, but it is not going up in value. Wait until Star Trek comes out, all those Sci Fi collectors will be dumping their X-Men & Avengers to buy one.

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

This game is going to sell super quick at this price. I truly wish I were a few states closer. Damn I want this game.
Mark

At what price? Shipping is a few hundred? You are also a 4 hour drive? How much closer do you need to be?

#246 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Wait until Star Trek comes out, all those Sci Fi collectors will be dumping their X-Men & Avengers to buy one.

Not me, I am excited to have Star Trek sitting right between my XMLE and Hulk LE. A little Captain James T Kirk sandwich

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

wow this would be the last game to ever leave my collection; it is my desert island pinball; all the rest are just the same old shit we are used too

And yet you sold it.

#248 11 years ago

Yeah I know I still love it and it was not easy but the wifey got her jeep so she is happy and next is my SPYDER

#249 11 years ago

Hey all, its busy season....and have'nt been on here much at all...

I can bring this game to Allentown if i have a deposit first, and if you are truly interested in it, i can send you all of the pics you would like, although it is in New condition...

CALL me please if you would like to discuss making a deal, near the price i have listed..thanks

Gerry 315 seven 2 seven 3651

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

At what price? Shipping is a few hundred? You are also a 4 hour drive? How much closer do you need to be?

Mark, what's your verdict on AV after playing it some more last night?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-avenger-le-hulk-66-syracuse-ny/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.