Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Avatar LE for sale. Like new. Low plays. Leg protectors day one. 4,300. Located in Dayton, OH.

Pictures here:
http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/leeps37/

-Matt

#2 11 years ago

good looking pins, gl with sale

#3 11 years ago

Bump for good pinsider.good luck Matt.

#4 11 years ago

Great price! I like the pin. What number do you have?

#5 11 years ago

Bumple.....That is a great price, G/L!!

#6 11 years ago

Good luck with the sale...great price!

#7 11 years ago

If only you weren't insisting on "no shipping" last month when I was interested and didn't ignore my "but what's the difference if NAVL shows up and carries it out" message I ended up buying a pro.

#8 11 years ago

Mark. I understand the frustration. I'm simply not interested in shipping it and risking damage. I know people do it every day, I'm just not comfortable with it. Sorry!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Mark. I understand the frustration. I'm simply not interested in shipping it and risking damage. I know people do it every day, I'm just not comfortable with it. Sorry!

Ok so this is still a local sale only? I mean I could have just told you "my friends will be there in a white van to pick it up". It's really no difference to you. Once your paid, damage is my issue as you're not shipping it, I'm picking it up. Anyways, it's totally moot now. Price is good. I hope it sells for you soon.

#10 11 years ago

Matts a really nice guy buy with confidence. I bought the HUO TSPP and its perfect! Although I have to agree with markmon on the shipping. Once NAVL touches it, its his.

#11 11 years ago

True- Once Navl pulls out their checklist and touches the pin, it's their problem and your pin-
I've shipped with NAVL over a dozen times with fine results.
Great price on this, GL

#12 11 years ago

So. Can it be shipped (picked up) or not?

#13 11 years ago

Sorry for my inexperience people jeez! Haha... I simply never shipped a pin before and didn't want to deal with all the hassle. It certainly sounds like NAVL is the way to go. After listening to the people, I will be open to shipping with NAVL. Your voice matters!

#14 11 years ago

Good decision - I think you will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is. Make sure you ship it on legs - much easier

#15 11 years ago

I don't ship when I sell either, so don't feel bad. I can easily sell to people in my area, and then the pin stays in the same town or close by, and I may even buy it back someday or get to play it again maybe

#16 11 years ago

Sellers choice, regardless shipping can be a pain. Seeing in person and picking up with cash is by far my favorite option, however I do ship when need be (it's not too bad).

#17 11 years ago

Matt - the NAVL local crew in the Dayton area is real good. They can pick up on legs or take it palletized. I've shipped many from here.

Scott

#18 11 years ago

Super easy to deal with, they come in, look it over and you only have to lift a finger to sign the paper work. They usually wrap in blankets and shrink and they're gone.
Super nice price on this pin, I would love to grab it but can't right now. Someone grab this!!

''AMP suittttttttttttttt jackpot''.....''quit shakin' my game''

#19 11 years ago

A true pinhead will take the time to prep it better/properly, before they pick it up. Nothing crazy but common sense will go a long way here. Bringing the leg levelers all the way into the legs is a good start.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

A true pinhead will take the time to prep it better/properly, before they pick it up. Nothing crazy but common sense will go a long way here. Bringing the leg levelers all the way into the legs is a good start.

Completely agree, although shipping is certainly more work than a local guy coming and picking it up, it's not like prepping is a whole day affair. I am more than happy to take a little extra time to go above and beyond having NAVL just throwing a blanket on it as I know I would feel like crap if it got damaged in transit, even if I wasn't technically responsible or liable. I know I would appreciate a seller doing the same when shipping a pin to me.

#21 11 years ago

Price lowered. $4,200.

#22 11 years ago

Grrr! I wish there was one by me so I could play it! Love the film!

#23 11 years ago

That's a great looking game. With the fancy chrome package you'd think they'd protect the flipper area. What's up with that?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That's a great looking game. With the fancy chrome package you'd think they'd protect the flipper area. What's up with that?

You can easily protect that with clear plastic protectors and it will look a million times better then the ugly lolly-pop protectors Stern uses now that hid the artwork around that area.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Price lowered. $4,200.

Wow. A STEAL. You'd get $5k in a blue state (Hah!)

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

You can easily protect that with clear plastic protectors and it will look a million times better then the ugly lolly-pop protectors Stern uses now that hid the artwork around that area.

Sadly, the best of these were sold through Pinball Pal and at this time aren't available.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you are admitting that Ohio is going red this time around?!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No you wouldn't. You elected Jerry brown again and you discuss politics. Ha.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What's wrong with Jerry? He knows his stuff!

#30 11 years ago

Ha. I think he plans on chapter 11 for LA.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you are admitting that Ohio is going red this time around?!

If they cheat w/ Voter ID

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Bad attempt at a blue Avatar joke....self-admitted fail..I'm OUT! Someone buy this f-ing game

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Sorry for my inexperience people jeez! Haha... I simply never shipped a pin before and didn't want to deal with all the hassle. It certainly sounds like NAVL is the way to go. After listening to the people, I will be open to shipping with NAVL. Your voice matters!

All you have to do to prep it is fold down the cabinet onto cardboard or a towel or such just like of you were carrying it out. It ships on its legs. If you really wanted to, you could grab a role of cellophane from home depot or such and wrap the backboard folded down in place and some cardboard around the legs. But I probably wouldn't bother. Make the buyer dispatch NAVL and it's his problem not yours.

4 months later
#35 11 years ago

Is the Avatar machine still available? If so send me a PM and/or reply here.

#36 11 years ago

I wonder if this is the same guy resurrecting old threads on RGP.

#37 11 years ago

Rise, Lazarus, rise!

#38 11 years ago

I'm new to the forum.. check my profile. Oh.. and part of the reason I asked is that nowhere in here did it say the machine was sold which is normally what you'd do when they are gone. What is RGP by the way?

#39 11 years ago

Really Grumpy Pinball chat...

#40 11 years ago

It's still in his collection message him. Matt is a really nice guy. But for 4.2k I would get an avengers pro IMHO

#41 11 years ago

Yea.. I'm looking at possibly getting an Avenger's Pro or ACDC Pro, but I'm a big Avatar fan and if I could still get that one it would pretty much make my decision for me. I did see that it was shown in his collection still. I have sent him a PM and gotten no response yet.

#42 11 years ago

The shaker, fast play and nice mb impressed me when I played this at Satellite Lounge. Still feels like a $2,000 pin though. Then again so do all sterns.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

The shaker, fast play and nice mb impressed me when I played this at Satellite Lounge. Still feels like a $2,000 pin though. Then again so do all sterns.

I didn't realize a $2000 machine had a specific feel to it. I paid $2000 for my shadow. It feels no different then my MM.

If you're simply referring to the machine being lighter, there is no inherent benefit or such to the thing being extra heavy. I've never seem stern cabinets spontaneously fall apart so they are as strong as they need to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-avatar-le-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.