Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by robbiev
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

For sale is my AFM pinball machine. It is a players game that needs to be shopped. Comes with Martians w/Red LED eyes. Cabinet is faded in some areas, also minor wear at kick out and 3 bank.

The price for the game is $6500.00 or best offer.

Pictures coming soon!

Post edited by robbiev: Part being sold separately!

#2 10 years ago

I'm curious what people think this game would be worth when restored? Of course, it's hard to know just how bad of shape the playfield is and what the cost of restoring that would be. But PF aside ... would this be worth 9k after doing the restoration?

#3 10 years ago

So the play field is really nice? It isn't listed in the "restore kit"

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So the play field is really nice? It isn't listed in the "restore kit"

"players game "
"minor wear at kick out and 3 bank"

This is what kills it for me. Who wants to do all this restore work and still not have a CQ game AND pay 8k? Tough sell IMO.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

would this be worth 9k after doing the restoration?

No.

#6 10 years ago

I am probably interested in some of your parts if you decide to sell them. Please let me know if you go that way. Thanks!

#7 10 years ago

It only comes with. 2 chrome legs?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm curious what people think this game would be worth when restored? But PF aside ... would this be worth 9k after doing the restoration?

If the buyer spends the extra $1,000-$1,300 on new decals and either good pf resto and clear or a whole new pf to make it worth putting any of those parts on, then has the ability/know-how and 150 or so hours of free time to put the game together right, it will be worth $9K, MAYBE $10K tops if it's done well and has all the popular mods. I can't see anyone buying a restored game with any pf wear at anything other than player's condition prices.... Buyer would just have to keep it and love it for the numbers to work.

#9 10 years ago

$8k tops, there's a restored one in Michigan that was for sale for months at $8k that never sold..

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

$8k tops, there's a restored one in Michigan that was for sale for months at $8k that never sold..

I tried to sell my restored AFM with new PF for 9K and ended up just keeping it.
I got offers of 8K for it but out here I would have to pay that for a base game and then order another 4K in parts to build another one.
Seems like worn out and faded or restored 8K seems to be the set price.
Mine has all the mods, color dmd, Bill Ung saucer and hallway mods, shaker, new legs, coindoor etc.

Quoted from devlman:

If the buyer spends the extra $1,000-$1,300 on new decals and either good pf resto and clear or a whole new pf to make it worth putting any of those parts on, then has the ability/know-how and 150 or so hours of free time to put the game together right, it will be worth $9K, MAYBE $10K tops if it's done well and has all the popular mods. I can't see anyone buying a restored game with any pf wear at anything other than player's condition prices.... Buyer would just have to keep it and love it for the numbers to work.

Unless it was done by a well known restorer 10K just isn't going to happen, mine is a keeper since it would be about 12K for a base game and parts plus my time to build another one.

#11 10 years ago

Bump for the OP

Hey Trace, if you were asking $9k, that's probably why you were offered $8k. I had my AFM for sale for $7200 for a couple of months and it has LED mods, Bill Ung saucer kit, new legs, Pinbits plastic protectors, cabinet protectors, complete Cliffy kit, fresh shop out, etc. I've gotten $6k-$6500 offers but I won't go that low. I have more into it plus it's a really fun game. I guess I should've asked $8k but I felt that it was worth every bit of $7k and wanted to price it properly. The price police would've ran my thread so I never created one.
Good luck to the OP on your sale. AFM is a great title and was very hard for me to find when I was dead set on buying one. It must be hard for you to let go of it, I know it will be on me when and if mine ever leaves.....

#12 10 years ago

Wish I wasn't so close! Temptation......

#13 10 years ago

So... It's not selling for $7,200. You don't want to take one of several offers in the $6,500 range, that's cool. But, you should have asked $8K? It's not selling at $7,200 which is obviously too high because it hasn't sold, you didn't want to list it at $8K because of the price police? HA! What? That doesn't even make sense?

Quoted from chrisjens2:

I've had my AFM for sale for $7200 for a couple of months

Quoted from chrisjens2:

I've gotten $6k-$6500 offers but I won't go that low.

Quoted from chrisjens2:

I guess I should've asked $8k

Quoted from chrisjens2:

The price police would've ran my thread so I never created one.

Quoted from chrisjens2:

Bump for the OP

Hey Trace, if you were asking $9k, that's probably why you were offered $8k. I've had my AFM for sale for $7200 for a couple of months and it has LED mods, Bill Ung saucer kit, new legs, Pinbits plastic protectors, cabinet protectors, complete Cliffy kit, fresh shop out, etc. I've gotten $6k-$6500 offers but I won't go that low. I have more into it plus it's a really fun game. I guess I should've asked $8k but I felt that it was worth every bit of $7k and wanted to price it properly. The price police would've ran my thread so I never created one.
Good luck to the OP on your sale. AFM is a great title and was very hard for me to find when I was dead set on buying one. It must be hard for you to let go of it, I know it will be on me when and if mine ever leaves.....

#14 10 years ago

Just his way of inserting his FS in someone else's thread : (

#15 10 years ago

Edit: Actually my AFM is no longer for sale, I said "I had it for sale for a couple months" meaning past tense, HAD not present tense HAVE

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So... It's not selling for $7,200. You don't want to take one of several offers in the $6,500 range, that's cool. But, you should have asked $8K? It's not selling at $7,200 which is obviously too high because it hasn't sold, you didn't want to list it at $8K because of the price police? HA! What? That doesn't even make sense?

It actually does at times. I have listed games for a quick sale at way below market value and they sell really fast, BUT there is also the few people who still offer lower who want to feel they got the deal. Just the way pinball buying market works I guess

#17 10 years ago

I've got two for sale and both are CQ all the way restorations. I can't get 9k for the one with chrome, new decals, clearcoated new playfield, bill ung saucer kit, pinbits strobe plastics new where needed, ramps flamed, a few led's tastefully installed.

I can't get 8 for the stock game with new decals,new cc playfield, led martian eyes, complete CQ GAME IN EVERY WAY!

Not sure how this could be 9k with a worn playfield plus doing all the work.

To each his own but I've had these FS for a while and not really any serious bites.

Chris Kruger

#18 10 years ago

this might be the first time i've seen a bunch of people talking down the price of a game they're all trying to sell.

#19 10 years ago

With a potential PPS remake looming, it's really screwing with AFMs value. Hard to get $8k for a rough game when $8k NIB might be announced in a few months.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How does that not make sense to you? Maybe you should read it again. I'll clarify a bit...If you own a pin and want to sell it for $4500, maybe you should ask a bit higher to allow for haggling. (maybe $5000 - $5200 area) That way when some buyer wants to make you an "offer" there is room to negotiate. By definition, an "offer" is an amount under asking price, otherwise it would be an "agreement" to purchase. I said that maybe I should have asked $8000 so I would've gotten a $7200 +/- offer. No matter what amount you ask for, someone will "offer" you less. Sometimes based on market specualtion about a title that may or may not even be remade....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

How does that not make sense to you? Maybe you should read it again. I'll clarify a bit...If you own a pin and want to sell it for $4500, maybe you should ask a bit higher to allow for haggling. (maybe $5000 - $5200 area) That way when some buyer wants to make you an "offer" there is room to negotiate. By definition, an "offer" is an amount under asking price, otherwise it would be an "agreement" to purchase. I said that maybe I should have asked $8000 so I would've gotten a $7200 +/- offer. No matter what amount you ask for, someone will "offer" you less. Sometimes based on market specualtion about a title that may or may not even be remade....

Well said, and I agree. It's a psychological thing.

#22 10 years ago

In this case, your argument doesn't work. According to your argument, I can ask $10K for my Raven and get $9,300 offers.

You are assuming at $8K that your game wasn't overpriced already. The amount of AFMs on the market, and the prices people aren't able to get suggests that maybe your game is just worth $6,500.

Quoted from chrisjens2:

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In this case, your argument doesn't work. According to your argument, I can ask $10K for my Raven and get $9,300 offers.
You are assuming at $8K that your game wasn't overpriced already. The amount of AFMs on the market, and the prices people aren't able to get suggests that maybe your game is just worth $6,500.

You obviously don't get it. I give up trying to reason with you. I bet you get along great with HOP. Two peas in a pod.
Bump to the thread and apologies for the detour. I sincerely wish you luck.
(Not quite a full derailment)

#24 10 years ago

I don't get it. If your game didn't sell, it's not psychology or anything else you conjour up. It didn't sell because it's not worth what you think it is and it was too expensive. If it was worth it to someone, they would have bought it. Not sure why you feel like you need to get personal.

Another bump, I'm out of this as well.

Quoted from chrisjens2:

You obviously don't get it. I give up trying to reason with you. I bet you get along great with HOP. Two peas in a pod.
Bump to the thread and apologies for the detour. I sincerely wish you luck.
(Not quite a full derailment)

#25 10 years ago

Now selling the game alone. $6500.00 OBO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-attack-from-mars-afm-pinball-machine-plus-restore-kit-in-va and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.