IMG_5997.JPG
IMG_5995.JPG
IMG_5994.JPG
IMG_5992.JPG
IMG_5990.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_5988.JPG
#1 10 years ago

This is an overall average Attack From Mars. Some of the inserts have chipped on the outer edges of them. Mostly not too noticeable. The Return to Battle and Stroke of luck inserts have the most damage and the chipping is not out to the text. The stroke of luck hole is worn but not bad. I have a cliffy on order for it, and will have it installed soon. Cabinet is in good shape but faded. Display is bright and clear. Game plays well and has no errors.

Asking 6,000 OBO IMG_5988.JPGIMG_5988.JPG IMG_5989.JPGIMG_5989.JPG IMG_5990.JPGIMG_5990.JPG IMG_5992.JPGIMG_5992.JPG IMG_5994.JPGIMG_5994.JPG IMG_5995.JPGIMG_5995.JPG

#2 10 years ago

any trades

#3 10 years ago

Nice price!

#4 10 years ago

I'm open to trades, but I'm also hoping for a quick local sale. IMG_5997.JPGIMG_5997.JPG IMG_5998.JPGIMG_5998.JPG IMG_5999.JPGIMG_5999.JPG IMG_5996.JPGIMG_5996.JPG

#5 10 years ago

That's a nice price and a perfect candidate for a high end restoration.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's a nice price and a perfect candidate for a high end restoration.

+1

#7 10 years ago

Great price. Should not last long.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Great price. Should not last long.

If that lasts for anything longer past the weekend, that would blow my mind!!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

If that lasts for anything longer past the weekend, that would blow my mind!!

Game has been sold

#10 10 years ago

And there goes the "it's summer and slow theory ". Congrats

#11 10 years ago

Congrats. $6k was easily a low price when you consider all the attributes of this Pin compared to MM and MB, AFM should easily be $10k. Can't be that many more routed AFM's floating out there.

Better get them while you can.

Again, congrats OP.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Congrats. $6k was easily a low price when you consider all the attributes of this Pin compared to MM and MB, AFM should easily be $10k. Can't be that many more routed AFM's floating out there.
Better get them while you can.
Again, congrats OP.

None of this is relevant. CC isn't more expensive than CV because it's a better game. It's more expensive because the market has said so... you know PRICE/DEMAND.

MM isn't worth more because it is a better playing pinball. Look at BBB. BBB is not half the game of TSPP,TZ, or TAF and it is easily worth 4 times any of those titles because the supply and buyers have determined it so.

How many routed games are available became irrelevant 10 years ago. More than 50% of Stern's customers are now how users.

You can't "wish" a game worth more money because it is a better playing game than another. There are so many other factors involved. Price/Time/Location(Country)/Rarity/Theme/Condition/Owner/Sample/Distance Traveled(which is different than location)/Patience are all factors as well.

Anyway, congrats on the sale. It was the right price for someone.

#13 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^ CORRECT!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

None of this is relevant. CC isn't more expensive than CV because it's a better game. It's more expensive because the market has said so... you know PRICE/DEMAND.
MM isn't worth more because it is a better playing pinball. Look at BBB. BBB is not half the game of TSPP,TZ, or TAF and it is easily worth 4 times any of those titles because the supply and buyers have determined it so.
How many routed games are available became irrelevant 10 years ago. More than 50% of Stern's customers are now how users.
You can't "wish" a game worth more money because it is a better playing game than another. There are so many other factors involved. Price/Time/Location(Country)/Rarity/Theme/Condition/Owner/Sample/Distance Traveled(which is different than location)/Patience are all factors as well.

He owns an AFM so would you expect anything less

#15 10 years ago

your machines always seem fairly priced, thus sell fast. Thanks more making games available to the average pinball enthusiast.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

your machines always seem fairly priced, thus sell fast. Thanks more making games available to the average pinball enthusiast.

This. I'm new here and Eric's machines are the ones that I find myself always clicking on. Not because I know they are his but because the titles are good and the prices are even better. I bought his Hurricane last weekend and it was a no nonsense deal. Pay, pickup, and out the door... doesn't get any better than that imho.

#17 10 years ago

who was the lucky buyer.......great pick up for that person.

#18 10 years ago

bought 2 machines from Eric this summer. Great condition. I was thinking of selling/trading my IM for his AFM but it sold too fast

#19 10 years ago

^ Go Bills!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Come on, we all know AFM is a blast.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Not wishing anything here. And yes we all understand Supply/Demand. What I have a problem with is folks whining about a routed AFM at anything much over $6k, while MM and MB get a pass on crazier prices.

Of course, time will tell...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Come on, we all know AFM is a blast.

I was just having fun hence the smiley face. AFM is one of my favorites and I enjoy it more then MM and MB as well. I just think there are other factors besides gameplay that make MM and MB sell for more then AFM.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I was just having fun hence the smiley face. AFM is one of my favorites and I enjoy it more then MM and MB as well. I just think there are other factors that make MM and MB sell for more then AFM.

I think condition might have something to do with it. In general, it seems like MB/MM are in better condition. I bought a routed AFM exactly 3 years ago for $3,200 and the PF was pretty blown out (very common on this title). I sent it to HEP for restoration and it ended up weighing in @ 12k total. That same restoration would be north of 15k today. Wow.

#24 10 years ago

MM are usually routed to hell and back actually. That's the whole point, they were popular and earned, so they were routed hard. That's what led to the price they command today.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Not wishing anything here. And yes we all understand Supply/Demand. What I have a problem with is folks whining about a routed AFM at anything much over $6k, while MM and MB get a pass on crazier prices.
Of course, time will tell...

BTW, it sold for well UNDER 6k, better deal for a good repeat customer

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

eabundy keepin' it real!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

This is what AFM owners (who swoop in on threads saying "this is an 8k game all day long") do NOT want buyers to see. Please see AFM sellers rationalizations below...

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

This is what AFM owners (who swoop in on threads saying "this is an 8k game all day long") do NOT want buyers to see. Please see AFM sellers rationalizations below...

Nope. I paid more for mine because I wanted it pristine. At the same time the cheaper it is so more folks can enjoy it the better. If a game is great I don't want it to go up in value,I want more people to get to enjoy it.

#29 10 years ago

well repeat customers are always the best customers! Is well under like 5k? Care to share as Im looking for one on the west side of the country!

#30 10 years ago

Great buy.. wish you where closer to me

#31 10 years ago

I think AFM is an 8k game or close. HOWEVER, this one is NOT. That is why I priced it for a quick sale. It is in fantastic condition for someone that doesn't want a pristine collectors quality example and just wants to play it. If it was in collectors quality condition I certainly would've listed it for much more than this one.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Load of crap dude. Not everyone that owns a AFM is looking to hike the price.
Go sell that BS over in the MM & MB threads.

Give me a break

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Great to see a good deal to a customer. Now do you have a MB for $6k

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Now do you have a MB for $6k

that guy in the market place has one lol

isnt there supposed to be a spam button somewhere?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Sorry there Matt, but BBB is every bit the game TAF is, and then some. Seems like people look a the price, decide there's no way it's worth 20K (it's not), but then take that to the extreme and start thinking BBB is a bad game (it's not). It's a really good player. Maybe when you can beat me on it you'll agree

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Load of crap dude. Not everyone that owns a AFM is looking to hike the price.Go sell that BS over in the MM & MB threads.
Give me a break

Correct. Not everyone that owns an AFM does this. I guess I'm talking about the ones that swoop in and say its "an 8k game all day long" in reference to blown out examples on epay when they paid 1/3 that much 3-4 years ago. I don't know why you keep bringing up MM and MB. I'm not talking about those pins.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Correct. Not everyone that owns an AFM does this. I guess I'm talking about the ones that swoop in and say its "an 8k game all day long" in reference to blown out examples on epay when they paid 1/3 that much 3-4 years ago. I don't know why you keep bringing up MM and MB. I'm not talking about those pins.

I am speaking in general about how AFM gets crap on about it's current price, but somehow those other 2 seem to be ok at routed prices of $8k and $10k. But I do agree that prices of most Pins are crazy and I personally hope to see them come down someday.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

I personally hope to see them come down someday.

Ironic coming from you who is the biggest cheerleader on price for each of the pins you own. Like a friggin broken record.

Eric is a stand up guy, congrats on the sale and I hope to deal with you in the future, maybe at Allentown next year.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Ironic coming from you who is the biggest cheerleader on price for each of the pins you own. Like a friggin broken record.
Eric is a stand up guy, congrats on the sale and I hope to deal with you in the future, maybe at Allentown next year.

Yup I will be there look me up or PM me for my cell before the show. I love this when this happens to a for sale thread. Cheers everyone

#41 10 years ago

Those are fighting words. fightingfools.jpgfightingfools.jpg

#42 10 years ago

But lets not forget about those cheerleaders.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sorry there Matt, but BBB is every bit the game TAF is, and then some. Seems like people look a the price, decide there's no way it's worth 20K (it's not), but then take that to the extreme and start thinking BBB is a bad game (it's not). It's a really good player. Maybe when you can beat me on it you'll agree

It's okay to disagree sir, you don't have to apologize. The fact that I stink at pinball has nothing to do with how good BBB plays.

Visually, the game is actually one of my favorites. Play wise, sound integration, and some other layout issues keep it from being "one of the best" for me. It's a great game but it would not have sold anywhere near 20,000 units (like TAF) if Capcom had fully released/sold it.

#44 10 years ago

Nothing would have sold 20K units in 1997. MM sold 4K, with maybe demand for another 1K had WMS kept making them? And yea, BBB certainly ain't perfect, but it's still fun

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

exactly. price pump much??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 21.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-attack-from-mars-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.