Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0051 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0050 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0049 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0046 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0045 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0036 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0037 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

FS: Atomiswave Candy Cab with new 29" Monitor

Added: 2019-12-20 01:58:27 UTC • Ended: December 30th, 2019

Price

$ 1,750

I know there is some arcade crossover with this group so I thought I would post this here first. This is a Japanese import 'Candy Cab' arcade cabinet by Sammy/Atomiswave. It is currently running a retropie setup but can very easily be converted back to Jamma if the buyer so desires or even all the way back to an Atomiswave system.

After I bought it, the neck broke on the original tube. So I shelled out and purchased one of the last remaining Makvision 29" flat screen tube arcade monitors for it, and it is freaking beautiful. The monitor has less than 200 hours on it, probably a lot less. I never leave it on for extended periods, only when playing it. It has a brand new custom 2 player control panel from Australia (can't remember the company), new Sanwa sticks and buttons. The power switch in the front is from an existing hole where a credit button had been installed. Overall the cab is in good shape and there are no major dents or anything. Typcial wear from a candy cab though. It has new 4" speakers with custom 3d printed mounts. The marquee is lit by an LED light strip.

These are pretty rare, especially in the midwest. I hate to sell it but I need to move some stuff and I just don't play it as much as I used to. I can take more pics if needed.

The monitor by itself was $1000 shipped and are impossible to find now.

I would rather not ship this. I can't prep it for shipping or would even know how to. The buyer can set up packing and shipping if needed, but I can't help with this. I can possibly meet within a few hours of Springfield, Mo if needed.

Item photos

IMG_0036 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0037 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0045 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0046 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0049 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0050 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0051 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0052 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Gov's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Gov's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Springfield, MO, US

#2 4 years ago

Saturday morning coffee bump.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReplicaX:

I may be new to pinside, however I have worked on multiple AWSDs over the years.
    My simple question is and it is important for potential buyers.
    When you replaced the original monitor, did you have to retrofit the Makvision or change how it is mounted from the original? (btw Makvision is also a monitor made by Wei-Ya) Does it still have the ability to properly TATE like the original?
    This cabinet and the bezel are designed so the operator can open the monitor hood, remove the monitor bolts and bezel screws, and physically rotate the monitor and bezel in horizontal or vertical configuration. Which is one of the biggest features of this cabinet, which you don't mention.
    As far as the original Atomiswave setup:
    - the original AW setup is JAMMA
    - the difference is on the Atomiswave motherboard, the DIPSwitch is set to 31K mode which disables the JAMMA RGB (15k) and uses the VGA output on the AW motherboard instead.
    - besides that the original factory harness had stereo connectors for FX1 and F3 system motherboards (thus the mono/stereo switch inside and pots for left and right volume), a Maple button harness, and a standard 6th button separate connector.
    GLWS

Monitor was a drop in replacement. The chassis is a little bigger than the shelf for the old one but it has a plastic base and is secured with zip ties so it doesn’t move. Should still be able to rotate it vertically if you wanted to.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ahhhhhh!!!! I want this! I’d buy it in a heart beat if you weren’t so dang far away. Texas just doesn’t have cool machines like this anywhere

Funny enough I bought it in Texas a few years ago.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh sweet! A few issues with TPf, I will be there, I have to leave Sunday morning, I also need to secure the machine somewhere it can’t get messed up before I leave, there’s also the issue of my wife; she doesn’t like fussing with machines while we’re there... so I need a way to deal with all that beforehand... I’ll start to work things out.
    Is the jamma harness still intact?
    Let’s talk retro pie setup for a sec... which pi version is being used?

We can meet anytime during the weekend and I can just leave it in the trailer until you want to get it if you were to buy it. I don't have the Jamma harness, but it was just one I bought off of ebay. They are cheap. The power supply that is in there should work fine for the jamma harness.

It is a Raspberry Pi 3+ with wifi. Running retropie. I have dapne with Dragons Lair and Space Ace on it, but they might need some tweaking. I haven't had a chance to mess with them much. I am running a version of MAME and FBNEO. Just have an assortment of fighters, classics and shmups on there. If you don't want the Pi, I could knock off a few bucks. I configured the pi using putty to ssh into it over wifi. The wifi is great as you can load new roms and emulators from any computer on your network. Pretty easy. Lots of guides out there.

#15 4 years ago

Yes, used the original frame for the monitor. I took the new frame off and this one bolted right in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-atomiswave-candy-cab-with-new-29?tu=Gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.