Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ledge
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5398.JPG
image.jpg
image-7.jpg
image-6.jpg
image-5.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-3.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-1.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Up for sale is an Apollo 13 in Northern NJ. I'm listing it for a coworker.

I haven't seen the machine in person, but he sent me this description:

"All the plastics are good, I bought a complete set to replace a couple broken pieces. The one wire connection block I talked to you about is giving me some intermittent lights, the start button works, but some plastic on the inside is cracked and taped ( easy to make functional, but another part I'm not sure how to replace), and you can see an LED segment in for the rocket counter has a digit segment out.. Other than that, I believe it to be in very good condition"

I'm attaching pictures, they're pretty dark, I'm working on getting better ones.

He's asking BO and don't know what he'll actually take, but he is aware of the current market value. Apparently no rush to sell.

image-1.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-3.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-5.jpg
image-6.jpg
image-7.jpg
image.jpg

#2 4 years ago
#3 4 years ago

responded

#4 4 years ago

The reason for his lighting issues ( at least some of them)....

IMG_5398.JPG
#5 4 years ago

All PM's answered.

Don't bother contacting me if you're going to low ball the game. As I stated he's aware of the market value, if anyone is going to steal this, it's going to be me.

So please don't insult me by offering under 2k, let alone 900.00. (That's a polite way of saying f*ck off). I wouldn't even sell one of my EM's for 900 bucks!

ok, that wasn't such a polite way, but you get the idea.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

All PM's answered.

Don't bother contacting me if you're going to low ball the game. As I stated he's aware of the market value, if anyone is going to steal this, it's going to be me.

So please don't insult me by offering under 2k, let alone 900.00. (That's a polite way of saying f*ck off). I wouldn't even sell one of my EM's for 900 bucks!

ok, that wasn't such a polite way, but you get the idea.

Then post a price or auction it on ebay, don't get pissy when someone looks for a deal. If he knows what the market is then he knows what he should be asking. Sounds like he's looking to get over on a buyer just as much as a buyer is looking to get over on him with a low offer.

#7 4 years ago

I agree, posting a starting price will help move this game.

#8 4 years ago

This should go well. You don't list a price. You don't know what price you would take, but you have no problem telling people to f off when they make an offer. GLWS!

#9 4 years ago

why don't you fix the game and maybe you won't be low balled . you don't want the game or you would have purchased it

#10 4 years ago

"Selling for a friend" is always a shitshow.

Why bother? The dudes smart enough to scour the internet for "market price" he's smart enough to sign up here.

And Apollo 13 blows. Is it really going for $2000 these days?

#11 4 years ago

So you asked for offers, then get mad about the offers. Seems about right.

#12 4 years ago
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I was the first to send a pm to DropTarget and asked if I could set up a day to look at the machine before making an offer, this is the response I received.
"I guess so, I'll get you his info. I just need to get his ok first. "
So I contacted the owner last night, I was told it's not a good time to talk. Waiting to here back from him today?
I had a friend bid on one that was in an auction in Palmyra NY yesterday. The machine was clean, some flipper button wear and two broken plastics. Machine he said played well and had the topper and launch handle. After the bidding reach 1K it was my friend and a local operator ran the price up to $1750 my friend let it go being my max was $1700. Have to factor in a 13% bidders premium for paying with a credit card and 7% NY sales tax. Even at the $1750 it would have been over 2k for an un shopped machine. At this rate better just purchasing one shopped, working with led's for mid 2K. Several have popped up in the 2100-2600 range lately.
Pictures from the auction.
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=2327134&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Thanks. I was hoping someone would post an update on this on pinside. I was thinking about going to that auction but the A13 was the only lot I was potentially interested in and I didn't want to spend half a day out there just to look at it and bid. There is no way I would have paid that much for it so I'm glad I didn't go.

#14 4 years ago
#15 4 years ago

Apparently my last post didn't come through...

There are two others on Pinside right now. One for $2750 with a single broken plastic that's been up for a day and apparently hasn't had any interest. Another for $2600 OBO that's supposedly a very clean game. That tells me one could be had in good working for $2500 or less today. That makes this a $2300-2400 game tops; less if it hasn't been shopped somewhat recently.

With that in mind, your buddy shouldn't be insulted by offers of nearly $2000. I hope he's paying you to run this shit-show for him.

#16 4 years ago

I was lucky a friend was already driving out there for him it was an hour drive. I just had to register prior to the auction. He had interest in the only other pin (em) but it was on the rough side and went for too much money. He came home with a few machines and he did well.

That EM looked very rough in the pictures, I'm surprised the bidding went very high on it. I was curious what condition that A13 was in as it was difficult to tell much from the 2 pics they posted on the auction site.

#17 4 years ago
#18 4 years ago

And I am currently aware of the market as well....Apparently the seller truly isn't ready to sell.

#19 4 years ago

Thanks for the info Ibuypinballs. Did he ever call you back?

Yes Levi, doing a favor for someone is usually a shitstorm.

Of course, I expected the usual "post a price" responses, but hey, it's not my game, not up to me to set the price.

Of course there were the people that pm'd me and I forwarded the seller's info. Most of whom haven't complained or tried to rip the guy off. To them, I'll say thanks for the interest.

Anyway, I was just putting it out there, It's up to the buyer and seller to negotiate. I was actually referring to one particular pm which was insulting, not just the price, but how it was presented.

Buy it or don't. Up to you, of course if you don't it opens the door for me to get it cheap!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Apparently the seller truly isn't ready to sell.

He might not be, I told him that I'd list it, he said ok.

#21 4 years ago

Unlike (Drop Target).

You don't know me.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

With that in mind, your buddy shouldn't be insulted by offers of nearly $2000. I hope he's paying you to run this shit-show for him.

Nah, he's not paying me. He's not a pinball guy, and I'm just trying to watch his back.

nearly 2k isn't insulting. $900.00 is. yeah, you can't blame someone for trying, but still....

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

nearly 2k isn't insulting. $900.00 is. yeah, you can't blame someone for trying, but still....

wait, I just read my earlier post, I guess under 2k is insulting after all

#24 4 years ago

Its also a re import which is less value. Sold my usa version shopped for 1600. Not sure who is paying more for this title. They all have trough issues and moon issues. .bad switches from factory. .magnetic balls always sticking. 13 ball is a novelty and u cant even play it correct.

#25 4 years ago

hey thats your opinion, some people like it. : P

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside