(Topic ID: 30677)

FS - AFM Minty, Restored with the good mods.

By coasterguy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by coasterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC000600000.jpg
DSC000580000.JPG
DSC000570000.jpg
DSC000550000.JPG
DSC000540000.jpg
DSC00053.JPG
DSC000520000.JPG
DSC000480000.JPG
DSC000460000.JPG
DSC000450000.JPG
DSC000440000.jpg
DSC000430000.JPG
DSC000410000.JPG
DSC000400000.JPG
DSC000360000.JPG
DSC000350000.JPG
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Out here 8K+ for a blown out base game + 3K in parts and you can build one just like it.
Good luck with the sale.

... and a hundred hours of labor!

#52 11 years ago

After work bunch bump.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn you cycle through pins FAST!

That's the egg calling the rice white..

#54 11 years ago

Bump

#55 11 years ago

hmmm.. Ebay? I hate Ebay for pins.. But,,,,,,

#56 11 years ago

Cant say i am a can of enay but It you do try it, you can always put in your add for sale locally and hope someone is smart enough to check cl for your add. Best of luck man.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

24 hours and you are threatening ebay ?

Jim

#58 11 years ago

I know Jim. I've actually been playing it all night. It's great.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

WOW, the AFM market must be crashing because this should not have lasted two minutes... best deal on an AFM I have seen in a while!

It is definitely a very good price for this AFM. But when you are selling any pin above $10k, it's just going to take a little longer than a $3k pin.

Quoted from eggbert52:

That's the egg calling the rice white..

Heh. True enough!

I'm getting closer to the point where I will have nothing but keepers though. I've had my MB for a year now!

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I know Jim. I've actually been playing it all night. It's great.

Put it on ebay.

IMHO> Pinside is rarely the place for a quick sale of a high $ game. Most of the guys that check pinside on a daily basis have already seen it and have either already offered you something lower than you should probably take or don't have the $ available.

If you want to sell this game at your current price (and in my opinion you should not sell for less), then you should take a little time, dump it on ebay with a high BIN (enough to get what you need, plus fees, plus taxes >> yes apparently they are now filing for taxes on high end items), put in on your local CList (be ready to repost because it will likely get flagged), and put it on MRpinball etc...

Be prepared to wait it out a while no matter how you opt to advertise it since high $ seems to take longer since the respective buying population is smaller. Also be prepared for guys that have way too much time on their hands and will play games just to waste your time in the hopes that you will get frustrated and then sell to their buddy which has given you a standing offer of less $. The buying tactic has even been touted by some on here as a favorite strategy for buying.

Good luck w Sale. It looks great!

#61 11 years ago

Well, the good news is nobody has said it was priced too high and most have actually said it's priced very well including some restorers on pinside. I think someone will see the value that wants a nice AFM. Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy it a little longer while its for sale. It is a great game.

#62 11 years ago

Wow I cannot believe I'm saying this but $10,500.00 is a terrific price for this game. If you do the restore yourself and add color DMD, chrome etc.., price is right around 10.5 assuming you bought the base game for around 5K and had to add new parts, decals, PF etc..,

Essentially 10.5 is the price for game and parts minus a lot of labor.

#63 11 years ago

Have any of you guys seen CG's "owned in the past" list? He'll get it sold, trust me.

Nice looking game.

#64 11 years ago

I look at my owned in the past list and think How the hell did I do that in just over 2 years on the hobby. Change my pinside name to Never Satisfied! I admit I have a problem.

#65 11 years ago

#66 11 years ago

Can I just buy the color DMD ?

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I'd love to see where this would end on Ebay. Link us to it if it goes up.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is definitely a very good price for this AFM. But when you are selling any pin above $10k, it's just going to take a little longer than a $3k pin.

Totally true. Super small market.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

... and a hundred hours of labor!

You can't charge for that.

#70 11 years ago

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You can't charge for that.

you can't? who says???

#72 11 years ago

Deal pending.

#73 11 years ago

Nice.

I really still want to know if you have any issues playing that in the dark.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

you can't? who says???

Agreed. Though it is a 'Labor of Love' thing, A properly done shop job is worth $100's and
from what I read these days, not everyone is comfortable doing a SJ. So yes, apply some of
that to the cost of the sale.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Lol how would it be "over modded"? Lit ships and landing strips? Shaker, speakers. Now I've absolutely had over modded Tz and TAF ill admit that.

agreed. this is the most beautiful AFM i've ever seen, that i've never seen. i don't think i could even play a game on it if i owned it. lmao

i love the leds, look surreal

#76 11 years ago

Coasterguy, I am so glad you put this up for sale. It made me want one really badly. I am picking my new one up on wednesday.

#77 11 years ago

I want one badly but I feel priced out of the market if I want a good one. I mean I could get SS and TZ or TAF for one AFM sorry its a really tough sell even though it does look awesome. Need to find one and play it. Good luck on your sale coaster it is super nice, surprised your not holding this one.

#78 11 years ago

Game is sold. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-afm-minty-restored-with-the-good-mods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.