DSC04490.JPG
DSC04484.JPG
2012-07-19_20-01-38_640.jpg
2012-07-19_20-02-35_292.jpg
2012-07-19_20-01-04_976.jpg
DSC04517.JPG
DSC04514.JPG
#1 11 years ago

After recently acquiring an MM, I have decided that I do not have to have both B/W classic games. I would rather diversify my collection.

About the game: I acquired this AFM about a year ago or so from Terry at Pinball Life. This was his personal game. He did not know the history, but he said he had it for over 8 years and I know the guy that had it for 3 years before him. So, it has definitely been HUO for the last 12+ years. These have been non-smoking homes and the game has been kept out of the light and away from moisture. That should explain why this cabinet is bright and in close to original condition. The playfield is all original and does not show any wear whatsoever. It shines like glass. Cabinet - 9.9. Playfield - 9.9. You can see it in the video below.

As far as mods:

- Color DMD
- Pinbits Blackout Mod
- 2 Lighted and Animated Toppers
- Tasteful Cointaker LED's in Playfield, backbox and other locations
- Pincab protectors
- Cliffy at SOL Hole
- Bill Ung Saucer Mods
- Sheet of Invisiglass Included

Here is a video of the game:

I would prefer a local cash buyer who can come and inspect the game and play it. If not, I can assist in shipping, but payment becomes a little more complicated as I am not interested in paying Paypal fees. I would consider partial trades including ST:TNG, IM, TOTAN, TSPP, FG, SHREK TRON or TF:LE.

I am located in Batavia, IL, 60510 for reference.

Contact me at [email protected], pm me, or call/text my cell at 630-373-4875 9AM to 9PM. I will take any requested photos this evening and post them here.

Jim Tracy

#2 11 years ago

Game is very clean, exept the small amount of drool from when I was over and played it. Jim is an awesome and stand up seller. Good luck Jim. (Ps let me know if jy ever is leaving)

#3 11 years ago

GLWS, Jim! Hope you're enjoying MM.

#5 11 years ago

I have a TFLE how much cash do I need to add? Decepticons #26 with a signed translight.

#7 11 years ago

Here is a video with a better view of the playfield. I hope this helps. Pics later. Jim

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have a TFLE how much cash do I need to add? Decepticons #26 with a signed translight.

I would say about $4K or so. As we all know by now, I can get a Transformers LE (split) from Automated for $5250 NIB right now. PM me if you are interested.

#9 11 years ago

That is one nice original AFM. Shouldnt last long at all.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Game is very clean, exept the small amount of drool from when I was over and played it. Jim is an awesome and stand up seller. Good luck Jim. (Ps let me know if jy ever is leaving)

Thanks, I wiped that drool off.

Quoted from jk2171:

GLWS, Jim! Hope you're enjoying MM.

I really am. I never owned one before. Once you own one, you really see why it is recognized as one of the top three games of all time.

Quoted from GAP:

Trade for a Beautiful TOTAN?

You gotta throw in some cash! I can't do it straight up. They will kick me out of Pinside and I will be laughed at forever.

Quoted from smassa:

That is one nice original AFM. Shouldnt last long at all.

Thanks again.

Some interesting trade offers I am considering, but I am still listening.

#11 11 years ago

I just bought one. Had I not you would already have a check mailed. Bump for a sweet AFM

#12 11 years ago

Rare to find this nice. These get played like mad on Route.

Love my Afm, mine looks similar. I have original goodie bag and all manuals. Not leaving anytime soon.

Gl

#13 11 years ago

OK, I think I have replied to everyone. Two people yet to speak to by phone. Here are answers to a couple of good questions.

1) I have an original manual, but not a full goody bag.

2) Yes, The slingshots have clear plastic protectors. I am including the rest of the set, but have not installed them. They are still covered in protective plastic. Good catch!

3) I am considering other games that are not on my list so go ahead and make me an offer if you like. Any games offered must be DMD era and in real nice condition, however.

Thanks,

Jim

PS- I will post a couple of pictures later tonight. I did not record the videos in HD which has led to a few questions.

#14 11 years ago

Thanks for all of the trade offers. I am going to sleep on it and get back to everyone tomorrow.

Special thanks to Pinsider Sean for pointing out a Free Play dot on the video. Right outlane was not registering. I adjusted the switch and it is fine. I made another video to show no dot.

I still plan on posting photos this evening. Please give me another hour. Thanks.

#15 11 years ago

How about a CV

2012-07-19_20-01-04_976.jpg2012-07-19_20-01-04_976.jpg 2012-07-19_20-02-35_292.jpg2012-07-19_20-02-35_292.jpg 2012-07-19_20-01-38_640.jpg2012-07-19_20-01-38_640.jpg

#16 11 years ago

A chrome and modded TZ

DSC04484.JPGDSC04484.JPG DSC04490.JPGDSC04490.JPG DSC04491.JPGDSC04491.JPG

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

A chrome and modded TZ

TZ would be a definite no. I am seriously considering CV, but I still prefer cash. I will let you know tomorrow. I know somebody will want those games!

Jim

#19 11 years ago

Wish I had the cash.

#20 11 years ago

Wish I was closer. Wait a minute I live 20 minutes away.

#21 11 years ago

Cant wait for this to become a 13k AFM after this sale!

#22 11 years ago

Ok, Someone had a question on the shooter lane. They thought it was worn and dirty. It may be, but I am not certain. It is still smooth and I just wiped it down with Novus 2. I always just thought it was the color of the wood. It looks like an arrow to me which I always thought gave it character. Here are photos of the shooter lane on my new Avengers, X-Men and AFM in order. I hope this helps.

AV_SL.JPGAV_SL.JPG XM_SL.JPGXM_SL.JPG AFM_SL.JPGAFM_SL.JPG

#23 11 years ago

I remember 13 years ago when the prices of Games where;

creature 1800
TZ 2000- 2500
MM 4800
TOTAN 2200
Monster Bash 3000
Cactus Canyon 1800- 3500
STTNG 1600
Addams 1800
NGG 1200
AFM 2200

Those were the good old days

#24 11 years ago

Hah yeh and gas was 1.50-1.65 a gallon. I am sure this beauty will sell soon. It isn't a restored game but a gorgeous original condition game.

#25 11 years ago

Damn, wish I had the cash...I miss AFM and need to get one again!

#26 11 years ago

I'm surprised its not sold. I mean cash deal

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Damn, wish I had the cash...I miss AFM and need to get one again!

You could always sell me a ngg on your way to Beloit. Jk

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have been the one holding out. I have long distance cash offers and numerous trade offers. I still have a couple of people to communicate with from Pinside last night. The first two people that called were local cash buyers, but they could not come to my home last night. One guy is coming to my house at 7:00 tonight. If he brings the cash and wants it, I will help him load it up, and then I will mark it sold. If not, I will have the second local buyer over ASAP after that. A local buyer has always been my first choice. I am very excited about several other offers (especially PA and MO), and I still like your CV, Mike, but it may take until tomorrow to let some of you know.

PS- Some of my favorite offers include: a Baywatch backglass, a handgun collection, a riding lawnmower, and the private 'services' of one guy's girlfriend. I am still SERIOUSLY considering all of these options. Especially the last one.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I'm not. $9,250 is a lot of money. Not saying the game isn't worth it, I'm sure if people are ponying up cash then maybe it is. But unless you're making big bucks, it takes the average dude a long time to save $9,250. And there's so many other things in life that end up coming ahead of pinball machines, money wise. College funds, car repairs, house repairs, vacations, etc. Most people finance expensive purchases like cars, etc. Pinball financing isn't exactly common

It's one thing to pick over craigslist, wheeling and dealing on local pins. Buying a well preserved collectors quality pinball machine with cash only isn't a proposition everyone can handle.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I'm not. $9,250 is a lot of money. Not saying the game isn't worth it, I'm sure if people are ponying up cash then maybe it is. But unless you're making big bucks, it takes the average dude a long time to save $9,250. And there's so many other things in life that end up coming ahead of pinball machines, money wise. College funds, car repairs, house repairs, vacations, etc. Most people finance expensive purchases like cars, etc. Pinball financing isn't exactly common
It's one thing to pick over craigslist, wheeling and dealing on local pins. Buying a well preserved collectors quality pinball machine with cash only isn't a proposition everyone can handle.

So when it's gone in a day or two, will that fit with what you thought would happen?

#31 11 years ago

Yeah, I would have to say that while Richthofen's comments are true, they're not indicative of the types of transactions here on Pinside. Rich: you're talking to the 1% who do have the funds for this sort of thing and do value the machines over other purchases (or possibly in addition to).
We've seen an MM sell for more than 20k recently on this website so $9250 for a good looking AFM is not out of the question. New machines are $7500 here in Canada and approx $6500 in the US from what I've seen. If you have strong feelings towards other values, you're on the wrong site my friend.
GL with sale.

#32 11 years ago

I offered to buy outright for the full asking price and also offered a trade. While I am not local a buddy of mine lives 15 miles away and was willing to pickup it up with cash this weekend. But I don't get to the opportunity to purchase it unless the "locals" pass, which is highly unlikely on a game like this. Guess this is one of those cases where "I wish I was closer" is an understatement, lol.

c'est la vie

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Rich, I notice you post a lot on higher end games and struggle with pricing. You just need to remember that they are varying degrees of successful people in any hobby. This game will sell soon.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I remember 13 years ago when the prices of Games where;
creature 1800
TZ 2000- 2500
MM 4800
TOTAN 2200
Monster Bash 3000
Cactus Canyon 1800- 3500
STTNG 1600
Addams 1800
NGG 1200
AFM 2200
Those were the good old days

Yeah, like when Josh posted a SS for a fair and reasonable price. Now, it will go for the bling price of 2x3 the amount. Good old days, lol.........

#35 11 years ago

This game is sold. It was picked up tonight by a great guy. It will go to a great home. He did not need the toppers, so I discounted the game a bit and will be listing them for sale on Pinside soon.

Thank you to everyone who inquired. This is an awesome community. I am happy it is here.

Jim

#36 11 years ago

Congrats on the sale Jim
That was one sweet AFM!

#37 11 years ago

Congrats to both parties...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-afm-attack-from-mars-beautiful-mods-chicago-area-9250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.