(Topic ID: 90877)

UPDATE: Traded. F/S Addam's Family (TAF)

By VolunteerPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2999.JPG
IMG_2998.JPG
IMG_2997.JPG
IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3006.JPG
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3004.JPG
IMG_3003.JPG
IMG_3000.JPG
IMG_3002.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I have not been planning on moving my TAF at all but something has come up and I could use the cash. For this reason, I am not interested in trades.

Asking price is $4500 obo.

Pin is fully working 100%
LEDs throughout
Green LED in swamp
Cliffy's installed in swamp, chair, and behind bookcase
No magnet burn
Some wear at the mansion inserts (see photos)

IMG_2999.JPGIMG_2999.JPGIMG_2998.JPGIMG_2998.JPGIMG_2997.JPGIMG_2997.JPGIMG_2996.JPGIMG_2996.JPGIMG_3010.JPGIMG_3010.JPGIMG_3009.JPGIMG_3009.JPGIMG_3008.JPGIMG_3008.JPGIMG_3007.JPGIMG_3007.JPGIMG_3006.JPGIMG_3006.JPGIMG_3005.JPGIMG_3005.JPGIMG_3004.JPGIMG_3004.JPGIMG_3003.JPGIMG_3003.JPGIMG_3002.JPGIMG_3002.JPGIMG_3000.JPGIMG_3000.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Beautiful machine! Great price, GLWTS.

#3 9 years ago

Interesting stand up targets...

GLWS...it's definitely priced aggressively!

#4 9 years ago

Yep, this should be gone fast!

#5 9 years ago

Damn, some day....one is going to pop up for sale closer to me. GLWS!

#6 9 years ago

Looks like a very fair deal for someone.

#7 9 years ago

By the way, I also have my White Water for sale for the same reason and just lowered the price on it some to hopefully help facilitate a sale.

Can anyone say, "package deal"?

#8 9 years ago

package deal

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

By the way, I also have my White Water for sale for the same reason and just lowered the price on it some to hopefully help facilitate a sale.
Can anyone say, "package deal"?

dackage peal

oops.. sorry... I'm lysdexic

#10 9 years ago

Nice to see TAF priced correctly. I see a lot of them set over 5-6k and they NEVER sell. Imagine that. If I lived closer I'd buy it today.

#11 9 years ago

Are u willing to ship?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

Nice to see TAF priced correctly. I see a lot of them set over 5-6k and they NEVER sell. Imagine that. If I lived closer I'd buy it today.

Says who?

Sold mine for $5,500 in a day. Granted it was a beauty ... but never say never. Actually never say "NEVER".

#13 9 years ago

I've seen a lot of them sit there for ages over $5k. Just saying.

#14 9 years ago

Is that wear around the GREED inserts I'm seeing a hint of in one picture? How is that area of the pf?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I've seen a lot of them sit there for ages over $5k. Just saying.

Condition, condition, condition.

This one is priced appropriately for it's condition, IMO. I just sold a really nice one for over $6k. Still the same game.

GLWTS!

#16 9 years ago

Just missed a WH20, TAF package for $6800 after Allentown!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Are u willing to ship?

Sure. I just sent my TOTAN down to Florida. They picked up and shipped with legs on after they wrapped it. If you'd rather it ship legs off, I'm sure I could put it on a pallet and wrap it...just have never done it before

Quoted from Collin:

Is that wear around the GREED inserts I'm seeing a hint of in one picture? How is that area of the pf?

Are you talking up by the bookcase? There is some wear that is not covered by the Cliffy if that is what you are referring to.

Or are you talking about the "G" target? That is just a reflection.

#18 9 years ago

Nice looking machine. GLWTS!

#19 9 years ago

Ready to ship very very far away

#20 9 years ago

I've had some tire kickers but nothing definitive yet so here is a Sunday afternoon bump.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Condition, condition, condition.
This one is priced appropriately for it's condition, IMO. I just sold a really nice one for over $6k. Still the same game.
GLWTS!

I'm also thinking location plays a big factor too, at least on TAF.

#22 9 years ago

What made you go with the white square stand up targets?
Stronger? Just had them on hand? Prefer them?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What made you go with the white square stand up targets?
Stronger? Just had them on hand? Prefer them?

That is how the pin came when I traded for it.

#24 9 years ago

On a PF like this would you guys recomend restoration?

#25 9 years ago

Wish I could buy this, love this game.

GLWTS

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

Beautiful machine! Great price, GLWTS.

Beautiful if you like games with gauges in the playfield surface over by the right sling. Are those screwdriver "slip ups"?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Beautiful if you like games with gauges in the playfield surface over by the right sling. Are those screwdriver "slip ups"?

Always one in every FS thread...

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Always one in every FS thread...

I disagree. Someone not looking closely could easily miss this flaw. I do not consider what is in the picture to be "typical mansion wear". Just because I don't think the game is beautiful, does not mean someone else couldn't. Why can't I express my opinion on the condition of a game in a FS post?

It comes down to being as honest as you can about the game for sale and not so much "trashing a FS thread" as you suggest. When selling a game, I expect close ups of only the worn areas of the PF. That way, it can't really be an issue when completing the sale.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Screw pops from someone subbing screws that were too long.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Screw pops from someone subbing screws that were too long.

That makes sense now. Looks to possibly be where the metal sling mount screws go.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I disagree. Someone not looking closely could easily miss this flaw. I do not consider what is in the picture to be "typical mansion wear". Just because I don't think the game is beautiful, does not mean someone else couldn't. Why can't I express my opinion on the condition of a game in a FS post?
It comes down to being as honest as you can about the game for sale and not so much "trashing a FS thread" as you suggest. When selling a game, I expect close ups of only the worn areas of the PF. That way, it can't really be an issue when completing the sale.

You can express your opinion all you want, in a constructive manner. Being a dick about it? Not so much.

#32 9 years ago

Being honest is not the same as calling people names. You are confused. Furthermore, a FS post that is 7 days old has had it's time and that time has passed to be open to further scrutiny. You don't like it, go over to ebay or RGP to buy a pin.

#33 9 years ago

GLWTS VolunteerPin, your price reflects the condition.

#34 9 years ago

When I first saw this ad, I had the same reaction as Snyper. Comments ascribing the machine as "beautiful" seemed off. Nuf said.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When I first saw this ad, I had the same reaction as Snyper. Comments ascribing the machine as "beautiful" seemed off. Nuf said.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...the OP never said that. It's a F/S thread WHY come in and say it's not beautiful?? Why? What value does that add to the thread? People just like to piss in others cheerios. The price reflects the condition, Nuf said.

#36 9 years ago

I didn't say the OP said it was beautiful. This happens in every FS thread it seems. Ad goes up, cheerleaders come in, followed by detractors and the show starts. Comments on either side are fair game, otherwise it belongs in the Market. The price is high for the wear it shows, and maybe why it hasn't sold (assuming that is still the case).

Showing a pic of the machine turned on with no errors might help.

#37 9 years ago

It's nice that the seller posted high enough quality pictures that reveal condition. Most people who are in the pinball buying market hopefully have good enough vision to see the flaws. I'd say it's an average Taf, give or take. Glws, you started in the ballpark, maybe you might wanna consider some price drops.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

cheerleaders come in

GREAT PRICE!!!! GLWTS!!! SHOULDN'T LAST LONG!!!! (owns game).
That said good luck with the sale. If I wasn't already buying a shadow this weekend I would have put in an offer of what I thought was fair given the wear.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

GREAT PRICE!!!! GLWTS!!! SHOULDN'T LAST LONG!!!! (owns game).
That said good luck with the sale. If I wasn't already buying a Shadow this weekend I would have put in an offer of what I thought was fair given the wear.

<---- Doesn't own the game

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

<---- Doesn't own the game

Statement was in general, not directed at anyone in particular.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Statement was in general, not directed at anyone in particular.

Gotcha, and for the most part I agree with your statement

#42 9 years ago

Carry on

#43 9 years ago

Wow. Away from Pinside for a day and didn't realize this thread got bumped so much. Thanks! And, yes, I never said this was a beauty. It works perfectly but does have the mansion wear and the two small screw defects in the upper right hand part of the mansion. In no way am I trying to mislead anyone. The Cliffy's cover some wear as well, but that is what they are there for, no?

The thread does say "obo" in the asking price. It sounds like a lot of folks think I'm in the ballpark price-wise and others don't. I'm cool with that. If someone wants it, feel free to make an offer.

2 weeks later
#44 9 years ago

Traded. MB is in the house!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-addams-family-taf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.