IMG_5124.jpg
IMG_5123.jpg
IMG_5122.jpg
IMG_5121.jpg
IMG_5120.jpg
IMG_5119.jpg
IMG_5118.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I've put a ton of work into it and restored to great condition. Cabinet is in nice condition (not perfect), playfield has high quality overlays and looks amazing. New rubbers, plastics on slingshots. Game plays great with no issues. As always, I've added amazing mods - Color DMD, full LEDs, uncle Lester/ Fester, bookcase graphic kit, scoops - all have LED kits in them (swamp, chair, vault), bookcase LED light mod (make the area much brighter), polar bear w/ blinking green eyes, blue LEDs in cloud that flash, gold roms, cliffy protectors everywhere, and more. Price is $6,000 (my cost + mods).
Buyer pays actual shipping / packaging costs.

All of my mods are top quality and tastefully chosen / installed (in my opinion). I recently won the award for best custom pinball at the Texas Pinball Festival for my Spider-Man, so I take my work very seriously.

Pictures coming later today... PM if interested.

#2 11 years ago

Is pf clearcoated over overlays?

#3 11 years ago

overlays. I only used high quality overlays (from $70 to over $100 per overlay).
BSL

#5 11 years ago

no... I'm not a mylar fan. They are high quality and I keep the playfield very clean and only use high quality wax.

Again, this machine isn't perfect, but everyone that has played it / seen it has very positive comments.
BSL

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

no... I'm not a mylar fan. They are high quality and I keep the playfield very clean and only use high quality wax.
Again, this machine isn't perfect, but everyone that has played it / seen it has very positive comments.
BSL

What high quality wax do you use?

#7 11 years ago

Just to be clear as I am unfamiliar with overlays. Are these basically stickers to cover up previous wear/ magnet burn?

I thought those need to be clearcoated after application to protect the 'fix' from just pealing up or getting worn out quickly?

I have a buddy looking for a nice TAF, but I am unsure of this is something he should be interested in (at this price).

#8 11 years ago

I've never has one peel or have any issues. Can't speak for others though.

#9 11 years ago

Blitz wax. Purchased from a pinball company not a car shop.

#10 11 years ago

I'm beginning the upload of pictures. I taken care to make sure I get close ups of everything that is great on the machine and the problem spots so there are no surprises. Please PM with questions or offers.
Thanks
Brent

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just to be clear as I am unfamiliar with overlays. Are these basically stickers to cover up previous wear/ magnet burn?
I thought those need to be clearcoated after application to protect the 'fix' from just pealing up or getting worn out quickly?
I have a buddy looking for a nice TAF, but I am unsure of this is something he should be interested in (at this price).

I think he's talking about one of these overlays: http://www.flippers.be/addams_mansiondecal.html

They can look really nice when installed properly, was considering getting one of these for mine but I don't think there's enough damage to warrant it. Will be attempting some painting / touching up over the weekend - may end up going down this road though if it's too tricky or I really mess something up.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from CapnARRR:

I think he's talking about one of these overlays: http://www.flippers.be/addams_mansiondecal.html
They can look really nice when installed properly, was considering getting one of these for mine but I don't think there's enough damage to warrant it. Will be attempting some painting / touching up over the weekend - may end up going down this road though if it's too tricky or I really mess something up.

yes very similar to those. All of mine were quite expensive and not the basic decal type. I didn't go cheap on any of them and all that have seen it in person think they look great. HQ pics coming.

#13 11 years ago

set 1

IMG_5108.jpgIMG_5108.jpg IMG_5137.jpgIMG_5137.jpg IMG_5110.jpgIMG_5110.jpg

#14 11 years ago

set 2

IMG_5109.jpgIMG_5109.jpg IMG_5111.jpgIMG_5111.jpg IMG_5113.jpgIMG_5113.jpg IMG_5114.jpgIMG_5114.jpg IMG_5115.jpgIMG_5115.jpg IMG_5131.jpgIMG_5131.jpg

#15 11 years ago

set 3

IMG_5115.jpgIMG_5115.jpg IMG_5116.jpgIMG_5116.jpg IMG_5117.jpgIMG_5117.jpg IMG_5118.jpgIMG_5118.jpg IMG_5119.jpgIMG_5119.jpg IMG_5120.jpgIMG_5120.jpg

#16 11 years ago

set 4

IMG_5121.jpgIMG_5121.jpg IMG_5122.jpgIMG_5122.jpg IMG_5123.jpgIMG_5123.jpg IMG_5124.jpgIMG_5124.jpg IMG_5125.jpgIMG_5125.jpg IMG_5126.jpgIMG_5126.jpg

#17 11 years ago

set 5

IMG_5127.jpgIMG_5127.jpg IMG_5128.jpgIMG_5128.jpg IMG_5132.jpgIMG_5132.jpg IMG_5133.jpgIMG_5133.jpg IMG_5134.jpgIMG_5134.jpg IMG_5135.jpgIMG_5135.jpg

#18 11 years ago

set 7

IMG_5136.jpgIMG_5136.jpg

#19 11 years ago

This is a reimport but it has been professional rewired by Pinsmith here in Dallas. No hack job / electrical issues of any type.

#20 11 years ago

Beautiful machine IMO - GLWS!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Beautiful machine IMO - GLWS!

Thanks... I'm going to be sad to part with it. I just need to make some room here in my collection. It will be missed.

BSL

#22 11 years ago

Yeah well done on the decalling. You can sort of see where the alignment is a bit off near the bottom, but I really don't think there's a way to prevent this. Completely trumps mansion wear that causes low speed balls to drain.

Did you do anything to the cloud topper? Mine is yellowed and gross, wondering if I should bother replacing it.

GLWS!

#23 11 years ago

I am going to be in dallas saturday afternoon, could I come by and look at pin?

#24 11 years ago

Is that planking in the kick out hole and pic right above it? If so, is it just isolated to those areas that you can see?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from CapnARRR:

Yeah well done on the decalling. You can sort of see where the alignment is a bit off near the bottom, but I really don't think there's a way to prevent this. Completely trumps mansion wear that causes low speed balls to drain.
Did you do anything to the cloud topper? Mine is yellowed and gross, wondering if I should bother replacing it.
GLWS!

Nope, that is the original topper, I just took good care of it the best I could and the blue LED lighting really makes it POP.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

I am going to be in dallas saturday afternoon, could I come by and look at pin?

Yes... for sure. Just PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Is that planking in the kick out hole and pic right above it? If so, is it just isolated to those areas that you can see?

not sure what picture you are referring to. The hole which is the Thing lock at the top has been repaired / painted to the best we could do. If it's another area you are talking about, let me know and I'll try to answer or take a better picture.
BSL

#28 11 years ago

set 5

pic 5 and 6 in set . pic 6 is outhole and looks to be planking around there and then pic above that looks to be planking pretty bad, so just asking about those pics

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

set 5
pic 5 and 6 in set . pic 6 is outhole and looks to be planking around there and then pic above that looks to be planking pretty bad, so just asking about those pics

Those are the only areas I've seen it (where the most wear generally is). I took a picture of almost every other area of the game so you are seeing just about every inch.
BSL

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

set 5

I'm not even sure it's planking... that area is just beat up due to the design of the ball coming down right there into the Thing hole. Looks like scratches to me. No raised areas, etc. Again, I'm no expert in planking as most of my machines are perfect. This one is a little less than perfect so I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area. If more pictures are needed, just let me know.

#31 11 years ago

Just a suggestion - I would avoid calling this restored with the cab in original condition and a pf overlay with additional problems. Wish you the best with the sale.

Scott

#32 11 years ago

I normally stay out of price policing but this is just STUPID for a TAF...
May want to put 'OBO' on this game if you want to get it sold.

Sorry but 6k is INSANE and I own a TAF...

Your overlay does not even line up, flipper button wear, typical cab dings, planking at thing hole...

How the heck is your cost 6k?
mods:
ColorDMD $400
LEDs $400
Lester and bear $200?
Cliffys $60
Thing and bookcase stickers $60?

You have ~$1200 in mods. Did you buy the core game for 4800?

Don't get me wrong > you did a nice job cleaning this game up, but 6k?!?!? WTF?

Is this really what core TAFs that are cleaned up are now going for? If that is the case, then mine is probably worth 8k and I should shut up and be happy...

#33 11 years ago

Wow... thanks for the very nice comments on my thread Whysnow. I've been nothing but cordial and I'm not sure how your negative comments benefit anyone. You have no idea what I purchased this game for, but I will say your guess is in the ball park. The overlays alone were in excess of $350.

Please don't come in here spreading hate. I am cordial and nice to everyone on Pinside and appreciate the same from others. If you feel my price is out of line, please don't inquire or purchase it.

As I say to all... even you... have a great day. To prevent this from hijacking my thread, I won't be replying to any comments back or try and show you receipts to justify my pricing for my game. If you are in Dallas come play. I'll buy you a beer.

BSL

#34 11 years ago

and... this is why I've always sold locally and avoided Pinside... always those out there looking to police. Value is determined by what the market is willing to pay and how they perceive the product.

BSL

#35 11 years ago

Was the front repainted with flat black? That does not look right....suggest maybe a repaint with semi-gloss

GLWTS

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

Was the front repainted with flat black? That does not look right....suggest maybe a repaint with semi-gloss
GLWTS

Possibly. I never addressed that. Seems like a cheap easy fix as I've repainted other coin doors as needed. Just never got around to it on this one. I'm sure I could reduce the price to cover paint if needed.

Thanks
BSL

#37 11 years ago

I like the Beware of Thing sign. GLWS

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

and... this is why I've always sold locally and avoided Pinside...

You got 1 person saying it was over priced, that isn't that bad.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I like the Beware of Thing sign. GLWS

Thanks... that is custom. I made that

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You got 1 person saying it was over priced, that isn't that bad.

True... as stated, I've never advertised here. I'll be happy with the status I have here. Thanks for the level set.

#41 11 years ago

Yeah people can be a little testy over the use of certain(t) words around here like "restored" and so on...but no worries. The Market section no one can comment but the normal forum you're gunna get both sides.

People buy stuff all the time I think is priced to high so no worries

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah people can be a little testy over the use of certain(t) words around here like "restored" and so on...but no worries. The Market section no one can comment but the normal forum you're gunna get both sides.
People buy stuff all the time I think is priced to high so no worries

Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't list games very often to never so the exact terms are not fluent with me. I'll let this run and see how things go.
BSL

#43 11 years ago

SOLD

#44 11 years ago

Hopefully not for $6K.

#45 11 years ago

#46 11 years ago

Nice comment jalpert... go be negative somewhere else. I do not, nor will I ever disclose the private dealings between myself and anyone else I buy from or sell to.

Have a great weekend
BSL

#47 11 years ago

Nothing I can say is more negative than watching someone put down $6,000 for that game.

I REALLY hope it didn't sell for $6,000. Maybe the next guy doing some research on buying an AF will see my comment and think twice if faced with a similar situation.

I think that's a positive statement.

Quoted from Brentslane:

Nice comment jalpert... go be negative somewhere else. I do not, nor will I ever disclose the private dealings between myself and anyone else I buy from or sell to.

Have a great weekend
BSL

#48 11 years ago

In other words, no for much less than 6k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,159.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-addams-family-lots-of-mods-pf-overlays-color-dmd-leds-plays-perfect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.