(Topic ID: 109093)

FS: Addams Family in LOS ANGELES (for a friend)

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Wariodolby
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

blazed_and_confused_promo_4.jpg
Powell.jpg
image-821.jpg
image-137.jpg
image-367.jpg
image-509.jpg
image-247.jpg
image-334.jpg
image.jpg
image-593.jpg
image-211.jpg
image-271.jpg
image-207.jpg
image-805.jpg
image-601.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi guys, trying to help out a friend...this isn't my Addams for sale.

He's got the game in storage, so I wasn't able to plug it in...but he had it in his home for 10 years. Looks decent enough, but has some minor edge wear around inserts, around the book case disc, etc. PF colors are nice, no magnet burn. Typical hairline crack on the u-turn of the left ramp. Looks to be a re-import (single coin slot). One of the batteries started to leak, I took it out...doesn't look like it got further than the battery holder, but that will need to be replaced. It's clean-ish...but could definitely use a shop job, new target foam, etc. Definitely will be a nice game with some minor elbow grease.

He wants it gone this week, and wants $5k, firm. He's not a collector or part of this community, but I told him I'd help him out and post it to see if anyone locally would be interested.

PM me if you're interested! Thanks!

PICS TO FOLLOW....

#2 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg image-601.jpgimage-601.jpg image-805.jpgimage-805.jpg image-207.jpgimage-207.jpg image-271.jpgimage-271.jpg image-211.jpgimage-211.jpg image-593.jpgimage-593.jpg
#3 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg image-334.jpgimage-334.jpg image-247.jpgimage-247.jpg image-509.jpgimage-509.jpg image-367.jpgimage-367.jpg image-137.jpgimage-137.jpg image-821.jpgimage-821.jpg
#4 9 years ago

You shouldn't be friends with somebody that has a TAF in storage.

#5 9 years ago

LOL...they just moved. Don't have room in the new place for the pin.

#6 9 years ago

Re-import??

#7 9 years ago

Says it right in the description.

#8 9 years ago

" so I wasn't able to plug it in."
Lol... Its not plugged in yet..

Bump.,

#9 9 years ago

For $5000, I would want to know if the battery leakage damaged the boards in any way. Looks can be very deceiving - kinda like a bad fuse being tested on the board still ...

Just my constructive critique.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For $5000, I would want to know if the battery leakage damaged the boards in any way. Looks can be very deceiving - kinda like a bad fuse being tested on the board still ...
Just my constructive critique.

Some people call them the "price police" I call them the truth tellers .Skip the 3 pages of price police and just drop the price to $4000 now and be done with this TAF .

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Some people call them the "price police" I call them the truth tellers .Skip the 3 pages of price police and just drop the price to $4000 now and be done with this TAF .

That's what I told him - it was a $4k game IMO, but he wanted $6k…$5k is his compromise.

Look, guys - doing this as a favor. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I see that none of you are in Los Angeles, so you weren't going to buy it anyway. Not my game, I don't earn a dime off this transaction…just trying to do something nice for someone who's not part of the forums.

If it doesn't sell at $5k, then the reality of what I told him will be clear.

Snark away!

#12 9 years ago

Now now...

Powell.jpgPowell.jpg

As his friend, and it sounds like you've already done this - so just acknowledge it - it sounds like you HAVE already told him so, he needs to get a reality check written and cash it to his logic/emotions. A $6000 TAF is nearly pristine with practically nothing wrong with it, and a $5000 should show some small signs of wear but be overall in darn good condition.

You're totally on the right track: $4000 is totally reasonable even with shipping making it a $4450 - $4600 game.

I bought a T3 from Arizona just this year, so hey, guess what - some of us could be interested. I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on where we live. That's like saying "Well, you don't have a pinball collection next to your avatar so your opinion obviously holds zero weight."

You're better than that, Greg.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Now now...

As his friend, and it sounds like you've already done this - so just acknowledge it - it sounds like you HAVE already told him so, he needs to get a reality check written and cash it to his logic/emotions. A $6000 TAF is nearly pristine with practically nothing wrong with it, and a $5000 should show some small signs of wear but be overall in darn good condition.
You're totally on the right track: $4000 is totally reasonable even with shipping making it a $4450 - $4600 game.
I bought a T3 from Arizona just this year, so hey, guess what - some of us could be interested. I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on where we live. That's like saying "Well, you don't have a pinball collection next to your Avatar so your opinion obviously holds zero weight."
You're better than that, Greg.Powell

Hmmm….I'm acknowledging that I don't think many people would pay $5k for it….but I told him I'd try. Not trying to bone anyone here…but who knows, maybe someone in L.A. needs an Addams NOW. It is what it is.

#14 9 years ago

$5K for an untested taf?

This thing could have a mushroom growing off the batteries, who knows~!

GLWTS (i guess)

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

$5K for an untested taf?
GLWTS (i guess)

Once again, I know. This is not my game.

If anyone in L.A. is interested, PM me! If you're someone else, I don't care.

#16 9 years ago

is shipping an option? I had to

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

is shipping an option? I had to

If you fly in and ship it to yourself

#18 9 years ago

As a friend, I think you should have dissuaded him from this listing. Go over there, fire it up and test it. Get some good pics and break the reality of correct pricing to him over a beer and then help him sell it. This post is going to get no interest except for people complaining about the pricing.

The post was pointless and you knew it beforehand. I don't get why you went through with it.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

As a friend, I think you should have dissuaded him from this listing. Go over there, fire it up and test it. Get some good pics and break the reality of correct pricing to him over a beer and then help him sell it. This post is going to get no interest except for people complaining about the pricing.
The post was pointless and you knew it beforehand. I don't get why you went through with it.

OK, it's actually a friend's Uncle. I felt like he was doing me a favor by taking time out of his day to show it to me. I told him I'd give him $4k, and he said he could prob talk his wife into going down from $6k to $5k. I knew it probably wouldn't sell, but you never know. He did me a favor, so I thought I'd do him a favor in return by putting it out there in case someone was interested.

After this conversation, it definitely won't sell lol

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

$5K for an untested taf?
GLWTS (i guess)

BlackBeard ,we are talking Cali. Those mushrooms could be very valuable.

#21 9 years ago

Did the guy even say if it's working? My wife wants me to buy an Addams, but I wouldn't pay more then $3750 for that one assuming minor repairs are needed.

#22 9 years ago

Greg, it's nice of you to take this beating for your friend's uncle. At least the Metallica Pro guy is deflecting some of the heat.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Greg, it's nice of you to take this beating for your friend's uncle. At least the Metallica Pro guy is deflecting some of the heat.

LOL, he sure is. I just saw that thread....ouch
Greg, I'm local and would be interested in it for $4k
If it doesn't sell and your friends uncle decides to drop the price, shoot me a pm
I'm also thinking about taking a drive out to look at a semi local (within 3 hours) pin in the near future so if I havent purchased that one.....

#24 9 years ago

If one were to grow mushrooms on a pin, what would be the best way to go about that? I'm asking for a friend.

#25 9 years ago

Hey, as of Nov 5th, it's only a misdemeanor now.....

#26 9 years ago

And I'm not sure you would get used to the smell of cow poop

#27 9 years ago

You gotta grow them inside the cabinet, it has to be dark and damp....errrr , so I've been told

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, it's actually a friend's Uncle. I felt like he was doing me a favor by taking time out of his day to show it to me. I told him I'd give him $4k, and he said he could prob talk his wife into going down from $6k to $5k. I knew it probably wouldn't sell, but you never know. He did me a favor, so I thought I'd do him a favor in return by putting it out there in case someone was interested.
After this conversation, it definitely won't sell lol

It is what it is. Hope you didn't take my post as harsh, I certainly wasn't meaning to come across that way if I did. Sometimes you just have to tell your friends that they're way off base and bring them back in line. Friend's uncles some times as well.

#29 9 years ago

Uggh fine, $3K but that's my final offer!!!!!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You gotta grow them inside the cabinet, it has to be dark and damp....errrr , so I've been told

blazed_and_confused_promo_4.jpgblazed_and_confused_promo_4.jpg

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

blazed_and_confused_promo_4.jpg 49 KB

sneak peak of your TSPP alt translite?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Sometimes you just have to tell your friends that they're way off base and bring them back in line.

I did. He wants what he wants. I said I'd list it. I knew exactly what would happen....but, here we go

That being said, I've had an offer that's pretty close to the asking price. So, regardless of what any of us think, the game may sell.

I'm sure you guys have been through this routine before....you point out the flaws, you point out the batteries..."normal" people don't notice this stuff, only pin guys do. So, to him, it's this amazing awesome game that sells for $8k on eBay & the details don't matter.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Greg, it's nice of you to take this beating for your friend's uncle.

I don't consider it a beating. It's not my game.

Whenever I've sold a game of my own here, I've never been price policed and the games have always sold to happy (as far as I know) new owners.

#33 9 years ago

Hey Greg.....did you know this pin is over priced?

#34 9 years ago

Bump for a better day .The first was pretty rough .Hope you showed this thread to your uncle So he can lower the price ,make somebody happy,put some money in his pocket and give that TAF a better life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-addams-family-in-los-angeles-for-a-friend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.