(Topic ID: 62106)

FS/FT: AC/DC Premium - No longer for sale.

By awarner

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by awarner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

AC/DC Premium - HUO - Looks and plays like new. Purchased in April and was born in March of 2013. Includes the Light-up Train topper, Shaker motor, Mirror lightning bolts, and kick-out protector. I have a cannon that has been cut for the mod, but needs paint to make it look nice. Pictures of a finished cannon included. Clear lower playfield window. I have $6700.00 invested in it. Would trade for a nice EATPM and cash or buy outright for $6400.00. Also would consider a Tron in trade. PM me for details.

#2 10 years ago

Just a little bump... Still available.

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

Weekly Bump - Make me an offer!

#4 10 years ago

just an fyi its more than a NIB delivered to your house

#5 10 years ago

Agreed...you will most likely be keeping it at that price.

#6 10 years ago

Great game, had a deal for one but got screwed by a so called friend. Wish you were closer...

#7 10 years ago

First of all, we should keep the critical/price comments off a FS thread.

Second, this pin has a spectacular train topper that really sets it apart. Its a super clean, gorgeous example of ACDC with all of the bells and whistles.

Third - great seller. Buy this pin asap with confidence!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Second, this pin has a spectacular train topper that really sets it apart. Its a super clean, gorgeous example of ACDC with all of the bells and whistles.
Third - great seller. Buy this pin asap with confidence!!

I have no doubt the OP is a good guy

But it's a forum & price will always be a discussion

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

No, we shouldn't.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have no doubt the OP is a good guy
But it's a forum & price will always be a discussion

What if the topper has no value add to the potential buyer? The game is being sold used....do people really EXPECT to always get 90-95% value on something you can still purchase NIB?

#11 10 years ago

If the topper has no value added to the buyer, then they shouldn't be a buyer for the machine.

#12 10 years ago

That is the funny part about this hobby. People do expect to get 90% or more of their value back.

With that being said, I bought 3 NIB's and kept one and traded two. I had my last one up and truly got no cash offers at $6,300 not one. I did tell them local pick-up. I ended up trading it for a nice IM which I was very fine with (probably overpaid some on the IM). My point.....is probably I could have sold it for $6,000-$6,200 NIB. So that would put the value in my opinion on a used AC/DC premium at between $5,500-$5,800 and then you add in the extras. PEOPLE FORGET that when you can get an AC/DC premium delivered for $6,300 you are really paying $6,000 for the game ($300 is the delivery charge) so to expect to get more then $6,000 is to really expect more then retail.

Bottomline......for most NIB games they should drop at least 5% (which isn't much) after opening the box....assuming that the price of the AC/DC was $6,300 (which was a price I was quoted by a couple of distributors) that puts it at $6,300-$300 (delivery) which is $6K less 5 percent is $5,700 and then you add in the value of extras....so that is "your calculation" in my opinion and I don't feel that is being "harsh"....again, problem with this hobby is when people take "hits" MOST cry about it.....it is a HOBBY and losing 5-10 percent is NOTHING for a NIB in my opinion.....honestly, it should be at least 10 percent which puts the price at $5,400 before adding extras.

The argument I hear from so many is "well not everyone can afford to take a 10 percent or more hit".....well, wake up people maybe you shouldn't be in the hobby. No different then me wanting to buy a new Mercedes and then selling it and crying over losing 20 percent....maybe I shouldn't have bought the NEW Mercedes. If people don't want to lose much buy a nice HS2 or WW for under $2K and buy it locally and pick it up and you probably will not lose much....

I have made this point before but I truly wish that for the STLE prices drop 10 percent after the box is opened....it should. HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BUY ONE THEN IF THEY KNEW THERE WAS A 100% chance it would drop $800 once you opened the box and then drop another $800 after a year.....that's right everyone is SUPPOSE to play for free or make money in this hobby. If that is the case we should change it from a PINBALL HOBBY to a PINBALL BUSINESS as like I have said many times "this is the cheapest hobby I participate in" and still would be if prices depreciated (like most assets) 5 percent or 10 percent each year (on a $50K collection 5% depreciation is only $2,500.....and if people can't afford that maybe they shouldn't have a $50K collection in my opinion).

#13 10 years ago

Totally agree house. Just because you dump several hundred or possibly a thousand dollars on mods does not mean you are going to re-coup it all. I can understand having a price and mentioning up for other offers, which I am sure the seller will consider anyways. Not trying to trash someone selling a great game...just informing so they can move it for their next pin

#14 10 years ago

I agree with what House says, mind boggling at times.....

Seller says to "make him an offer"....

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

just an fyi its more than a NIB delivered to your house

I did say "Make me an Offer!". It does have a $225.00 topper, $160.00 shaker motor, and like $40.00 in other mods. It also has a cut but not installed Cannon.

Really want an EATPM because a friend needs it to fashion some new parts. Trade and cash

Thanks for reading!

-Al-

#16 10 years ago

Oh and I'll pull any of the Mods if people don't want them. I'd keep the Kick-Out protector and shaker motor in it if it was me. I'll have no trouble selling the train topper by itself - the thing is amazing! I put it on so it could be removed without anyone ever knowing it was there. And I understood that by posting it here, it was subject to criticism. I don't do that myself, but I know it happens. Anyway, I'd like to not take too big of a hit on it. Also, the NIB price is higher now than what I paid so I still think a fair offer would be a good deal for someone.

#17 10 years ago

Awarner.....you seem like a really nice guy. I didn't mean to criticize you as that was not my intention. You aren't pricing this badly in my opinion based on other people's pricing. My real point was that just about everyone (you are not by yourself...LOL) doesn't truly understand that most "toys" depreciate over time and NIB should probably depreciate 5-10 percent after you open the box and play it....people feel to "get this concept" when it comes to BOATS, CARS, etc.

I now hear people trying to compare pins to FINE ART...LOL !!!! Little different between a MM and a Picasso.....but what do I know anymore. I don't consider pinball machines for the most part "collectibles sought after by the billionaires of the world" but now that is how I am seeing people justifying the prices going up and up.

The difference between FINE ART and PINBALL MACHINES is once Technology changes someday (and it will over the next 10-20 years in my opinion) you can see a BIG DROP in pricing. Once MM, MB, AFM etc. is no longer "state of the art" and it still is for the most part as most people enjoy a good game of MM as much as a good game of AC/DC premium....probably most prefer MM after all these years and THAT IS WHY THE PRICE GOES UP....DEMAND IS STILL HIGH and SUPPLY PROBABLY DWINDLES A LITTLE EACH YEAR (as it can no longer go up).

I truly wonder if we all knew prices would drop 50% in 3-4 years how many people who supposedly love their pins would FIRESALE THEM quickly....my guess is A LOT....NOT ALL but A LOT as they would be like "hey, we don't want to lose money".....that is the difference in this hobby to say boating....we all know our BOATS lose money every year plus they cost us a FORTUNE in slip fees, gas and maintainance....maybe why I am IMMUNE to pinball costs as it is such a cheap hobby....damn, when I go golfing with my son it cost me over a $100 most times for 4 hours of fun !!!! This is the CHEAPEST HOBBY I will ever have.....my Caps season tickets cost me $18K this year to take the family.

Good luck to AWARNER...good news is the game will sell as I feel it is one of the best in my collection and my wife's favorite.

AC/DC ROCKS.....GREAT GAME SOMEONE SHOULD BUY THIS and Make him some offers !!!

#18 10 years ago

This is a shame.... Why are some of the same people on this topic busting this guys balls on his price but on the other FS post are bumping his FS post and giving it "GLWS".

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-premium-1

I really have no problem with price policing but what I do have issues with is some people getting a hard time on price while others getting support when the value of the machines are basically the same. Yes I know the other guys is $100 less but I would argue that this one has more $$$ in mods.

#19 10 years ago

You know what's even more tedious than price policing? Price price policing.

Every single one is a free bump to the seller. Anyone who's gonna spend north of $6k on something is surely able to make up their own mind without caring what people in a forum think. Let the OP handle things, it helps show the character of the person you might do business with.

#20 10 years ago

I have been collecting and buying and selling for 17 years now. I know I won't get what I have in the game now. I do believe that there may be some profit in this game in the future when the NIB option no longer exists. I think if someone was to buy this and held it for a year or two, they might be able to sell it at a profit. It really is a great game but as hard as I have tried, it just doesn't fit my collection. It's in a room with 11 other games and it totally dominates the room (Ask DBaum88 - he's seen it). I bought an IJ that needs some love and I'd like to get an EATPM so I'm looking to make this machine get me to my goal on those two.

And just so everyone knows, the instructions for the topper were to run the wire through the vent hole in the backbox in order to power it. That would have damaged the grate for the vent. I ran it down through the power cord area. It looks worse on the back, but it totally reversible without any damage. The topper uses Velcro to hold it on that should easily remove.

Personally, I love the topper, but apparently, not everyone is me! <grin>

#21 10 years ago

My two cents -

You will not see a nicer, more decked out, cleaner ACDC Premium. Al is extremely meticulous about his games. And in a basement full of them, ACDC truly stands out and attracts the biggest crowd.

As for the topper - it is outrageous. One of the coolest I've ever seen. Even in a pinball league of jaded pinheads, it drew oohs and aahhs.

#22 10 years ago

Pictures of the machine are now available. PM me for details.

Thanks!

#23 10 years ago

I have a EATPM I would trade, but your a LITTLE far away....

#24 10 years ago

Still available. Ask to see the pictures. It's like new! People think I'm crazy for wanting to sell it. I probably am.

#25 10 years ago

One last try: Pick up the game at my place this week and I'll take $6000.00. If it doesn't sell this week, I'm taking it off the market for now. Really beautiful game and I've got hi-res pictures to share with potential new owners. Original box is included!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

One last try: Pick up the game at my place this week and I'll take $6000.00. If it doesn't sell this week, I'm taking it off the market for now. Really beautiful game and I've got hi-res pictures to share with potential new owners. Original box is included!

Damn that's a great deal. $6K for a HUO ACDC premium with Shaker topper and other mods. this is a great game at a very reasonable price. Plus I love that train topper. If it does not sell and you want to sell me the topper I'd be interested.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know what's even more tedious than price policing? Price price policing.

I think you meant "policing price policing."

#28 10 years ago

Bump for a great game at a good price.
It will sell it's just that there are so many choices right now the here is thinned out. Just need the right guy at the right time.

#29 10 years ago

Just to jump on this, all of Al's games are pristine as can be and kept in an environment clearly designed and built for the purpose of housing pins and vids. The AC/DC absolutely dominates in a room with some stellar titles. Considering the games you have which you seem to like best I can kind of see why AC/DC hasn't grabbed you but if I could afford it I'd consider. While the machine isn't NIB, it's as clean as day 1 as I can tell and the topper is one of the best I've seen for any machine, period. Hope you find a buyer. I know two people with EATPMs that would likely volunteer their machines for ramp testing, just FYI. Both are not too far from Atl.

#30 10 years ago

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have a few people asking questions on the AC/DC so we'll see how this goes.

I'd have to take it off the market because I'm really busy getting ready for Expo with the pinballshirts.com business and the secret DVD project.

And thanks for the bumps!

#31 10 years ago

Good luck AL

Super nice looking pin.

One reason I love the pinballbash forum... no price policing !!

#32 10 years ago

Al's one of the nicest guys I've met through pinball. Seriously. He let two total strangers (My wife and I) come into his home and play pinball in his BEAUTFUL collection while we were in town and he didn't know us from squat. He's contributed more to the community than most of us probably ever will. Anyone who says otherwise can just go jump in a tiger pit.

If you were interested and you thought the price was too high, you should've sent a PM and offered less. If you had no interest in the first place, then just shut up!

#33 10 years ago

As a proud ACDC Pro owner, $6K for a decked out Premium is a steal. If you're in the market, this is a no-brainer (clear lower PF, topper, cannon, shaker, etc). Good luck on this badass game!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Al's one of the nicest guys I've met through pinball. Seriously. He let two total strangers (My wife and I) come into his home and play pinball in his BEAUTFUL collection while we were in town and he didn't know us from squat. He's contributed more to the community than most of us probably ever will. Anyone who says otherwise can just go jump in a tiger pit.
If you were interested and you thought the price was too high, you should've sent a PM and offered less. If you had no interest in the first place, then just shut up!

Al has been a huge contributor to pinball over the years

#35 10 years ago

For those of you who don't know Al, he's my cohost on the Pins and Vids DVD series (http://www.pinsandvids.com). So if you've seen any of those or even any of the previews you can put a face to the persona.

#36 10 years ago

To get a little more specific, this game will be for sale until 10/5/13. After that I will remove the Pinside ad and take it off the market until at least Thanksgiving. Thanks for all that inquired. Also a WOZ would work for a trade as well...

#37 10 years ago

My last bump - I promise! The game is for sale until tomorrow. Contact me now if you're interested. Off the market until Thanksgiving. My trade list includes (in order of want):

EATPM & $s
WOZ Even up
RS & $s
Centaur & $s

I know it's eclectic, but it's games I've never owned - sorta...

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I have a EATPM I would trade, but your a LITTLE far away....

Ditto here... why are all the ACDC premiums FS/FT down south right now??!??!?
GLWS wish it was closer

#39 10 years ago

Al will be at Expo, so there is always the possibility of meeting at expo for a trade.

#40 10 years ago

Thanks for the interest everyone. The game has not been sold and is no longer for sale. I have a PM or two about it and I'll see if it works out, but if I still have it, it will be for sale later next month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-premium-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.