EBD_PF_Lower_1.jpg
EBD_Cab_R2.jpg
EBD_Cab_R1.jpg
EBD_Cab_Front1.jpg
EBD_Cab_L2.jpg
EBD_Cab_L1.jpg
EBD_Cab_Head4.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Description and pics to be added. Game has been sold and payment is pending.

#3 10 years ago

FS - EBD – Eightball Deluxe - $2.8k - Excellent Condition game is in Atlanta. Cabinet has been restored. CPR Playfield. Backglass is excellent. Mirror brass hardware (unusual for older style Bally) including - legs, rails, lockdown bar, plus coin door, and flipper buttons. PDI non-glare glass.

Pics of cabinet below.

EBD_Cab_Head4.jpgEBD_Cab_Head4.jpg
EBD_Cab_L1.jpgEBD_Cab_L1.jpg
EBD_Cab_L2.jpgEBD_Cab_L2.jpg
EBD_Cab_Front1.jpgEBD_Cab_Front1.jpg
EBD_Cab_R1.jpgEBD_Cab_R1.jpg
EBD_Cab_R2.jpgEBD_Cab_R2.jpg

#4 10 years ago

that makes more sense.

#5 10 years ago

Playfield Pics

EBD_PF_Upper_1.jpgEBD_PF_Upper_1.jpg
EBD_PF_Mid_1.jpgEBD_PF_Mid_1.jpg
EBD_PF_Lower_1.jpgEBD_PF_Lower_1.jpg
EBD_PFBottom1.jpgEBD_PFBottom1.jpg

#6 10 years ago

FInal Pics.

EBD_Cab_Head2.jpgEBD_Cab_Head2.jpg EBD_Cab_Head3.jpgEBD_Cab_Head3.jpg EBD_Cab1.jpgEBD_Cab1.jpg EBD_Cab2.jpgEBD_Cab2.jpg
#7 10 years ago

Wow looks great. Don't see to many of these go up for sale.

#8 10 years ago

My my. That's a beauty! Good luck!

#9 10 years ago

PM sent

#10 10 years ago

It's nice but would be worth more with the correct cabinet and backbox artwork.

#11 10 years ago

Wow, sweet game!

#12 10 years ago

That game looks awesome! GLWS

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's nice but would be worth more with the correct cabinet and backbox artwork.

Wait...I thought that WAS the correct art for the standard edition.

Are you thinking of the Limited Edition version in the Rapid Fire cab?

#14 10 years ago

It's not an original head/backbox. Completely different style, not sure why, it's why the head art looks off. It would be more correct to say it would be better with the full correct cabinet.

image-21.jpgimage-21.jpg

#15 10 years ago

looks like bally version art on a midway version headbox.

#16 10 years ago

It's a Third edition cabinet, should be solid black around the coindoor and left head has a right side decal. I think that's what gatecrasher was discreetly calling attention to.

edit: checked pics on ipdb, the head decals are a lot different for the third ed.
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5021&picno=19044

#17 10 years ago

There were three versions of EBD produced. This cabinet is the Bally/Midway version from 1983 that is sometimes referred to as the "Classic".

While the gameplay is the same throughout all three versions, there are some significant differences between the three pins.

Back in 1983 we used to call this third version the "Nice Guy" version because instead of the evil-looking goul on the backbox , it is supposed to have a nicer-looking guy with a wedding band on his hand.

The artwork on the original EBD was painted on but the artwork for this third edition were decals and yes the front was black.

Some other differences between this 3rd edition machine and the original are:
>Slightly smaller swing-out backglass
>Printed circuit boards with twist-in sockets instead of individual lamp sockets for some playfield lamps (a nice upgrade)
>Newer style flipper buttons (require larger holes in side rails)
>Different color black apron and instructions say "Limited Edition" at top (same as the 2nd version had)
>Red "Bally/Midway" coin door sticker

Here's what the "Nice Guy" looks like on an original EBD "Classic" version:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mee88m.jpg

#18 10 years ago

So what does all this mean for price and desirability?

#19 10 years ago

I only ask that because its a beautiful game and I'm considering it because I dont need to "wish I were closer."

#20 10 years ago

My 2 cents is this. I think the older cabinet Bally style is more desirable and would have made it more valuable. That bing said i think this is priced very fairly. If it were in the bally cabinet the price would be over 3K. The brass is a nice touch and adds a little. This game in this condition is a rare bird. If i didnt already have one Id be all over it.

#21 10 years ago

Yes I have over $4k into this game and so think it is priced pretty sweetly.

#22 10 years ago

EBD is a great game, lots to shoot at, challenging but easy to figure out/hard to master. GLWS.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

So what does all this mean for price and desirability?

It's a nice game and is tastefully done but like any restored game it would be worth more to some potential buyers if it had the correct artwork. Others might not care or know the difference.

This game is not restored. It is "restified" meaning it was refurbished with some modifications and "liberties" taken as far as authenticity.

I did one of these 3rd edition machines a few years ago and took similar liberties in that I painted the front of the cabinet as well as the sides with the 1981 style colors in the artwork. The 1981 version of EBD used gold color where this one is supposed to be more yellow. I did paint the backbox with the correct artwork though and "blinged" the rest of it like this one is with the chrome job and nice playfield.

It sold on eBay for $3,500 and it basically looked exactly like this one does except it had the "nice guy" on the backbox.

I love Eight Ball Deluxe. It's my all-time favorite and always need at least one in my collection (I have two right now).

#24 10 years ago

The pricing on Eight Ball Deluxe has been ALL over the place. From $1,350 to $2,500+ on Ebay (sold prices)...who knows if they were buy backs. I have the 1981 EBD with the cream colored artwork and am trying to figure out where to price it when I finish the game.

Great looking game either way and GLWS!

#25 10 years ago

I'd pay $4k

#26 10 years ago

I've had my original 1981 EBD since 1997. I scored a NOS playfield for it and had Bill Davis auto clear it shortly afterward. Did a playfield swap and went fully through the game to look and play like new. I wouldn't let mine go for anything under $5k.

P1010395.JPGP1010395.JPG
#27 10 years ago

That is an awesome price!!! also nice job on the restore, looks great!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

The pricing on Eight Ball Deluxe has been ALL over the place. From $1,350 to $2,500+

I picked up a near-mint one recently for 2800 and felt like I got the deal of the freaking century. It's one of the holy grail pins in my book. GLWS!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

The pricing on Eight Ball Deluxe has been ALL over the place. From $1,350 to $2,500+ on Ebay (sold prices)...who knows if they were buy backs. I have the 1981 EBD with the cream colored artwork and am trying to figure out where to price it when I finish the game.
Great looking game either way and GLWS!

Hit me up when you get rid of yours. I may be interested. If thr timing is right. I love EBD.

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.