image-209.jpg
salma-hayek_breast-augmentation_antesydespues.com.ar.jpg
guru.gif
DSC_8072.JPG
DSC_8071.JPG
DSC_8080.JPG
DSC_8085.JPG
DSC_8090.JPG
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Price dropped... to $8500 OBO

I'm selling my MM, I just don't play it that much anymore and the money sunk into it could be used for better things! I am not interested in trades.

The machine is a super solid players machine, or a good starting point for a collector. It is unrestored, but in very good condition. The playfield is a 9/10 with no wear, just a little dirt in the orbits. The Cabinet is an 8/10, the coin door being the biggest detractor. It has numerous scratches and the lock is drilled out. The cab rails are also dented from the top of the cabinet pressing down on them during shipping.

I have numerous pics in the below link for any interested and can take more as desired.

The MM is located in Colorado Springs and I am willing to be home if you want to arrange shipping, but I'd rather deal with a local.

DSC_8090.JPGDSC_8090.JPG
DSC_8085.JPGDSC_8085.JPG
DSC_8080.JPGDSC_8080.JPG
DSC_8071.JPGDSC_8071.JPG
DSC_8072.JPGDSC_8072.JPG

#2 9 years ago

A year ago that machine would have been gone in a flash but since MMR was announced it seems like MM prices have dropped worse than <edited>.

I am not sure what I would do at this point if I was in the market for a MM. But I know I would be hard pressed to pay more for an original that I could buy a new in box machine for. Thankfully I am not in that league so I don't have to worry about it.

Free bump & best of luck to you getting your MM sold.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am not sure what I would do at this point if I was in the market for a MM...Thankfully I am not

Not sure what you'd do? Well, here's a suggestion:
Maybe skip the MM FS threads? eyeroll....

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Not sure what you'd do? Well, here's a suggestion:
Maybe skip the MM FS threads? eyeroll....

yep agree, your not interested in it, move along.

OP. GLWS

#5 9 years ago

A year ago that machine would have been gone in a flash but since MMR was announced it seems like MM prices have dropped worse than <edited>.
I am not sure what I would do at this point if I was in the market for a MM. But I know I would be hard pressed to pay more for an original that I could buy a new in box machine for. Thankfully I am not in that league so I don't have to worry about it.
Free bump & best of luck to you getting your MM sold.

Thanks for letting us know your position. We were worried.

GLWS OP!

#6 9 years ago

Maybe you guys should leave him alone? At least he made a comment that was relevent to the thread, bashing him isn't.

However, I still gave him a thumbs down for the political bullshit.

#7 9 years ago

Man, you guys are touchy. All he said was Obama's ratings are tanking and you freak out. If he said MM's prices were rising like Obama's ratings you wouldn't be so angry about it. It's just a statement of fact. Sure, he could have used a different analogy, but it is what it is. Let's try to have some thicker skin around here. Besides, I think's it's pure genius...just look at all the free bumps the OP is getting! GLWS!!!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Man, you guys are touchy. All he said was Obama's ratings are tanking and you freak out.

I certainly didn't 'thumbs down' him for that remark... that was the only remark I actually agreed with in his post.

GLWTS OP!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Fair enough, but it WAS the only part of his comment that made any sense

#10 9 years ago

Will you take $7,200 CASH! Let me know I'm serious

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe you guys should leave him alone? At least he made a comment that was relevent to the thread, bashing him isn't.

thumbs down for use of bullshit.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I certainly didn't 'thumbs down' him for that remark... that was the only remark I actually agreed with in his post.

And that is why I just gave you a thumbs up.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

And that is why I just gave you a thumbs up.

I was teetering...

#14 9 years ago

I'm recently finding the price-police-police much more offensive than the price police. While most of us are interested in how the MMR will affect MM prices, I am of the position that nice original MMs will be much more desirable once MMRs get widely available.

GLWTS

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

If you are serious, send him a PM.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GLWTS OP!

It's good to agree with facts.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

Is this like the one you sold a few weeks ago for $7250 that nobody could ever verify was real?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm recently finding the price-police-police much more offensive than the price police. While most of us are interested in how the MMR will affect MM prices, I am of the position that nice original MMs will be much more desirable once MMRs get widely available.
GLWTS

I believe you'll be proven wrong in the end,the new MMR is made by the same cabinet Co.(Churchill Cabinets,the same Co. Making the pLayfield(Chicago gaming, and everything else like the legs, coin door ,balls etc. are made by other companies,so besides that the new MM will be a lot better than the original with a shaker motor, original uncompressed sound files,double cleared pLayfield,full LED lighting,better more reliable electronics,full color DMD display,choice of trim color etc...so it's a no brainier when it comes to pricing and availability that no one is gonna want an original unless it's for much less than $7,995!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I am of the position that nice original MMs will be much more desirable once MMRs get widely available.

That's a given... Nice original 'anything' will always be much better and more desirable... remakes are just a fad.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

I believe you'll be proven wrong in the end,the new MMR is made by the same cabinet Co.(Churchill Cabinets,the same Co. Making the pLayfield(Chicago gaming, and everything else like the legs, coin door ,balls etc. are made by other companies,so besides that the new MM will be a lot better than the original with a shaker motor, original uncompressed sound files,double cleared pLayfield,full LED lighting,better more reliable electronics,full color DMD display,choice of trim color etc...so it's a no brainier when it comes to pricing and availability that no one is gonna want an original unless it's for much less than $7,995!

Yes, but the board in the backbox is smaller... So there.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

And a lot of guys like the new challengers better than the old ones. What's your point?

#22 9 years ago

guru.gifguru.gif

#23 9 years ago

Looks like some pretty severe wear by the castle lock? or am I just not familiar enough with the game?

Either way if the coindoor is the only issue I'm sure you can get a new one if someone *has* to make it perfect. $89 at Marco
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-4300-XXX

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's a given... Nice original 'anything' will always be much better and more desirable... remakes are just a fade.

I don't think remakes will be a fad. Obviously nice original games will always be more desirable to true collectors. However there are some of us out there that are only interested in owning the games for playability. Remakes won't hold their value the same way as originals but I think there will be plenty of demand in the players market for them.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

until people respect a FS thread. NO

#26 9 years ago

If you post a free ad in a discussion forum, you get... discussion. There are places to advertise where you don't get public feedback. This isn't one of them.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Hurts doesn't it? Facts are facts.

#28 9 years ago

Not true.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

All he said was Obama's ratings are tanking and you freak out. If he said MM's prices were rising like Obama's ratings you wouldn't be so angry about it.

What he said was not against the rules. It's a discussion forum and you are allowed to discuss. Attacking someone and breaking the rules becuase you don't feel like they are "respecting a FS thread" is against the rules.

Quoted from ledge:

until people respect a FS thread. NO

That's the problem with this place, the rules are pretty decent but there is allmost no enforcement, and even when there is enforcement it's so inconsistent.

Why would anyone care at this point What Obama's approval ratings are? it's not like he's up for re-election.

Quoted from eggbert52:

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

And politics are politics. I don't see how making reference to a poltician's poll numbers, even if they're verifiable factual statements, complies with the forum rules on political statements. But maybe I missed the "but it's a fact" exception, which I'm sure is right next to the "but it's a joke" and "but you wouldn't be complaining if we were talking about the other guy" exceptions.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's a given... Nice original 'anything' will always be much better and more desirable... remakes are just a fad.

Meh... sometimes...

Remakes that were better than the orginals:
The Maltese Falcon
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Oceans 11
Salma Hayek:

salma-hayek_breast-augmentation_antesydespues.com.ar.jpgsalma-hayek_breast-augmentation_antesydespues.com.ar.jpg

#31 9 years ago

I gotta say, the second pic just looks like a couple of fatbags hanging off a cow. Got milk?

ANOTHER FREE BUMP!!! (Or two bumps, in this case...)

#32 9 years ago

I don't understand the"original is more" theory around here, especially considering the fact that most of us go out of our way to throw in LEDs and install as much plastic crap and repro items as we possibly can into these games.

Originality isn't valued, clean, new, and blingy is.

I've avoided dire price predictions for over a decade....but here it is!

Original MMs are gonna drop back down to prices from 10 years back.

#33 9 years ago

If the MMR's are as nice as people are saying, and have better features as they roll off the assembly line brand new, the originals will certainly drop below 8k. As will Cactus Canyon and AFM.

Fake boobs suck, especially on desperate actresses over 40. Who complained about Salma's boob size in the 90's? Oh right, nobody.

Ever been in a group of people, and someone blurts out a political comment ASSUMING everyone in the room thinks like they do? You're always going to offend someone, so unless you're paid to do it like John Stewart or Glenn Beck, best to keep it to yourself.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Fake boobs suck, especially on desperate actresses over 40. Who complained about Salma's boob size in the 90's? Oh right, nobody.

When she hits 60 those tits will look like a pair of war clubs with goatskin handles sitting in her lap.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Is this like the one you sold a few weeks ago for $7250 that nobody could ever verify was real?

Yes it is the same machine but his looks nicer?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And politics are politics. I don't see how making reference to a poltician's poll numbers, even if they're verifiable factual statements, complies with the forum rules on political statements. But maybe I missed the "but it's a fact" exception, which I'm sure is right next to the "but it's a joke" and "but you wouldn't be complaining if we were talking about the other guy" exceptions.

Then perhaps you should respond to the original poster who posted the post about politics then? I was merely responding to the post so I followed the rules.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Then perhaps you should respond to the original poster who posted the post about politics then? I was merely responding to the post so I followed the rules.

Ah yes, the "but my political post was in response to a post complaining about political posts" exception. Sorry, left that off the list.

Seems pretty easy to follow the spirit of the "no politics" rule: if your post includes a direct reference to a politician/political party it's probably not welcome (post #2). Even if you don't name names, if your post is designed primarially to tweak supporters of a particular politician/political party (your first post, where you clearly implied that jalpert was "hurt" by the aforementioned poll numbers) then it's probably not welcome.

Sorry OP, GLWS, and I'll stop cluttering up your thread with discussion about discussions about politics.

#39 9 years ago

It really blows my mind that everyone got their panties all bunched up over my post. First off the guy had put the machine up on RGP 1/2 a day before he listed it here asking and then a few hours later asked for input about his asking price when he had not gotten any replies on his post. I told him basically the same thing on RGP. Bottom line machine is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Bottom line is everyone has different ideas as far as where machine prices are headed but FACT IS since MMR was announced MM prices have dropped by 20 to 30% - THIS IS FACT. There have been more MM for sale lately than ever before. And it seems like price point on decent used one is now around $7500 to $8000.

As far as my Obama comment - again just stating FACT. Not a political comment - just facts.

At least my post was talking about the guys machine and not bashing someones point of view. Free bump - wished him luck selling it - and didn't bash his asking price.

In my eyes a seller can ask what ever they want for a machine. If it sells their price was in line - if not they drop price or keep the machine. Sellers set asking price but buyers set selling price. A machine is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Ask what ever you want and let the market decide what is "fair".

If you read my original post my first line was "This machine would have been gone in a flash at that price a year ago". Then I went on to say "personally I wouldn't pay more for a used MM than I would for a new MMR". I never bashed his price - never said anything bad about his machine - just stated FACTS! Then I wished him luck with selling his machine. And I did something wrong???

#40 9 years ago

For sale threads are open to discussion as it relates to the sale of a game. Justifying commentary as warranted because it is in a forum in lieu of a market ad is a weak justification. It has be stated by the pinside staff that comments should pertain to the topic, i.e. interest in buying a game in this case; not a place for speculation and price badgering. Sadly, my post does just the same thing. If I were the op, I would just report the offenders as not following pinside rules and request a thread eject for that person(s). Problem solved. Glws op.

#41 9 years ago

If you read my original post my first line was "This machine would have been gone in a flash at that price a year ago".

Fact.

This was sold in a couple hours for $9,200.00

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-in-so-cal

#42 9 years ago

It is sad to see this listing get hijacked with all the talk about remakes & stuff but hopefully the seller understands this at least keeps his post on top of the page.

I truly wish anyone selling a machine - any machine - all the best. But personally I think anyone who held a MM machine because prices kept going up made a mistake. It looks like a year or so ago was the perfect time to bale.

In any event - another free bump & best of luck to you again getting your machine sold.

Don't look at all this discussion as being a bad thing - it is keeping your post on top of the page. This is my last post here but I didn't want to see the seller upset because post was hijacked. If not for it getting hijacked post would be like most for sale post and drop off the first page in an hour or so. Anyone who has listed a machine for sale here has seen this and any comment should be seen as a free bump.

#43 9 years ago

About a year ago - EXACTLY what I was talking about with my original post. "Would have sold in a flash at this price a year ago".

But where is the market today?

#44 9 years ago

About a year ago - EXACTLY what I was talking about with my original post. "Would have sold in a flash at this price a year ago".
But where is the market today?

I don't know I am just glad I resold it rather than putting 4K+ into it and my time to restore it.
9k is still a good price if someone wants an original game though.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I don't know I am just glad I resold it rather than putting 4K+ into it and my time to restore it.
9k is still a good price if someone wants an original game though.

You really can't compare a pre-MMR announcement sale to now. The market has changed.

I paid $3000 each for Superbowl tickets a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I can't sell them for that much now. The market has changed.

#46 9 years ago

Fact! A sale from year ago is not a current fact.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GLWTS OP!

Wow Teekee good to know. I'm going to thumbs up all your responses now regardless of how much I may disagree with them.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Man, you guys are touchy. All he said was Obama's ratings are tanking and you freak out.

If it seems like a political comment, it probably is. Just ask me. I've been booted out of forums for less. If your comments lean the "right" way however, they tend to get frowned on a lot less.

#49 9 years ago

It really blows my mind that everyone got their panties all bunched up over my post. First off the guy had put the machine up on RGP 1/2 a day before he listed it here asking and then a few hours later asked for input about his asking price when he had not gotten any replies on his post. I told him basically the same thing on RGP. Bottom line machine is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Bottom line is everyone has different ideas as far as where machine prices are headed but FACT IS since MMR was announced MM prices have dropped by 20 to 30% - THIS IS FACT. There have been more MM for sale lately than ever before. And it seems like price point on decent used one is now around $7500 to $8000.
As far as my Obama comment - again just stating FACT. Not a political comment - just facts.
At least my post was talking about the guys machine and not bashing someones point of view. Free bump - wished him luck selling it - and didn't bash his asking price.
In my eyes a seller can ask what ever they want for a machine. If it sells their price was in line - if not they drop price or keep the machine. Sellers set asking price but buyers set selling price. A machine is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Ask what ever you want and let the market decide what is "fair".
If you read my original post my first line was "This machine would have been gone in a flash at that price a year ago". Then I went on to say "personally I wouldn't pay more for a used MM than I would for a new MMR". I never bashed his price - never said anything bad about his machine - just stated FACTS! Then I wished him luck with selling his machine. And I did something wrong???

stop trying to justify any comments are good comments?

your entitled to an opinion on the state of MM/ and MMrs, and their value but not on someones FS thread.

"For sale threads are open to discussion as it relates to the sale of a game. Justifying commentary as warranted because it is in a forum in lieu of a market ad is a weak justification. It has be stated by the pinside staff that comments should pertain to the topic, i.e. interest in buying a game in this case; not a place for speculation and price badgering. Sadly, my post does just the same thing. If I were the op, I would just report the offenders as not following pinside rules and request a thread eject for that person(s). Problem solved. Glws op. "

Well said Skins. maybe one day people will understand.

#50 9 years ago

As the pinside turns GLWS OP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1997-medieval-madness-9000-obo-colorado-springs-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.