Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night_Moves_2.JPG
Night_Moves_1.JPG
CLCapture.JPG
20121007_163642.jpg
20121007_163616.jpg
20121007_163659.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I have a 1989 Night Moves cocktail pinball machine for sale. I'm not a pinball person, I received this machine as payment for rent. I really don't know much about this except what I read online. It works to a point, but doesn't play right. It goes through its test mode with no issues but I think there's an issue with the ball function. It lights up and plays music, but the ball doesn't work right. Cosmetically it looks great.
Hoping for $350 but will consider any reasonable offer. I really don't know what I have so any help is appreciated!
Make an offer.

20121007_163659.jpg20121007_163659.jpg 20121007_163616.jpg20121007_163616.jpg 20121007_163642.jpg20121007_163642.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I'm interested. Very interested. My wife may KILL me, but I'm interested....enough to possibly ship this sucker..

When you say the "ball doesn't work right" what do you mean exactly? It tries to start the game but the ball never comes out to the plunger?

#3 11 years ago

Free delivery to Minneapolis?!

#4 11 years ago

I have one of these. It is a great machine. Make sure there are two balls in the game, that could be the problem, but there looks to be issues on the display.

#5 11 years ago

So you are asking for 300 on CL then post here for more? GG

#6 11 years ago
#7 11 years ago

My offer from a month ago stands at 275, but need help with delivery.

#8 11 years ago

Oy, and the posting was removed now that it was pointed out?

I was hoping this was going to be viable..

#9 11 years ago

It is still available. I've been trying to sell it for months and really don'tknow what I have here or what's a fair price. Not trying to rip anyone off, I'm just totally clueless.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from drnoodles:

really don'tknow what I have here or what's a fair price. Not trying to rip anyone off, I'm just totally clueless.

Quoted from catboxer:

My offer from a month ago stands at 275, but need help with delivery.

Not to step on Frax's toes, but that's a real fair offer (notwithstanding the "need help with delivery" part). All of us "locals" have seen it on CL and if it were a bargain at $300 it would've sold long ago. Just sayin.....

#11 11 years ago

I sent you a private message.

As far as what you have? It's a novelty game for the most part. Cocktail pins are not highly collectable because of the space they take up and frankly, there weren't a lot of them produced. This one uses Gottlieb parts and circuitboards. It's got good music, better-than-average gameplay for a cocktail pin, and what I think is a nice light show.

Most of the cocktail pins were electromechanical or very early solid state. This was one of the last cocktail models produced. There is a site that tracks ebay sales of pinball, according to them, they have only tracked 9 of these sold over the last few years, and even with that relative scarcity, the HIGHEST price one sold for was........600 bucks. LOL. Average is around 400-450. This one like mentioned before looks like there is something going on with the displays...could be cheap or expensive to fix, may be impossible to fix depending on what those displays actually are... I don't know. I haven't seen the guts of that part of one of these..

If catboxer is making an acceptable offer to you and you guys can work out transportation of it, then I'm not going to get in the way as it looks like he's been wanting it for a while..

If not... let me know and we will work something out. I'm not here to step on toes.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks Examiner/Frax, I figured 275 is more than fair for this game sight unseen and you'd never have me coming back to complain. I'll fix it and keep it. That looks like a battery on the MPU, so it probably needs board work. I would have scooped it up awhile ago, but it's too far from anyone I know with a truck. I realize that's probably the sticking point here...

Too bad the top part of the table doesn't separate from the base...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

That looks like a battery on the MPU, so it probably needs board work.

It's a standard Gottlieb System 80b board set with all the attendant possible issues and it does look like the original Data Sentry battery on board. You never know until you dig into it. I'm currently beating my head against the wall trying to diagnose a Sys80b system. But that's a different story. Good luck to whomever ends up with it. (I mean that in a sincere way, not a sarcastic way.)

#14 11 years ago

Sounds like you guys know more about this than I do anyways, and probably you're in a better position to deal with it. I don't even SEE the battery, if that tells you anything.

#15 11 years ago

It's the big black box directly underneath the row of blue dip switches on left side of picture.

The "good" thing is due to the mounting configuration (not like a normal pinball machine) if the battery did leak it and it "flowed" downward, maybe the CPU escaped major damage. But it's the fumes as much as it is anything else, and they tend to ignore gravity...

In a "normal" Sys80b configuration, the area of the board underneath the battery usually takes the major hit. Rest of the board often suffers too, but not usually as bad.

#16 11 years ago

Yeah, would've never pegged that as a battery from a picture only. = \

#17 11 years ago

He's been trying to sell this for a while. I've seen it on CL multiple times. Its neat, but I cant see dropping $300 on 1/4 size pinball when I can get a full size for $100 more. Good luck with the sale bud.

#18 11 years ago

I'd like to own one eventually, but it seems like it would be tough to find a place for one.

Not to hijack.. but does anyone know the name of the cocktail with the piano on it?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Not to hijack.. but does anyone know the name of the cocktail with the piano on it?

Circa 1933

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=514

#20 11 years ago

I've worked on an 80b before, to me the displays are the scary part. "Night Movers"?

This does seem like a money pit, but thought I could replace a game room coffee table with it.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I've worked on an 80b before, to me the displays are the scary part. "Night Movers"?
This does seem like a money pit, but thought I could replace a game room coffee table with it.

Well, and if you decide you don't want it, you've got a probable buyer in me anyways.

#22 11 years ago

Please pardon my nostalgia - - Night Moves was my first pin ever (gateway drug). Bought it having problems and learned some pin restore and repair stuff fixing all of the issues and doing the Gottlieb mods (many kudos to Clay). The guy I bought it from had mounted it on a home-built pedestal so it was a stand-up pin...I removed that and restored it to cocktail configuration. Mine had the original data sentry that I replaced with a remote battery holder but did not have any board damage that I recall.

While the play does not compare favorably to full size tables, it is still pinball so we definitely enjoyed it. My wife was not particularly appreciative of the first pin so I kept a tablecloth on it when not in use and we used it as a table in the den. (To her credit, she later decided that we needed to convert our formal living room into a pinball arcade room.)
If memory serves me, I sold it in good cosmetic and completely working condition for $400ish about 2 years ago.

#23 11 years ago

Hey, Pinsounds....Welcome to pinside (fellow Raleigh)...

I bought one a few months ago for $40....had to drive all the way out to BF Egypt to get it. Met a nice but sad young lady and after seeing the condition of it (Cabinet completely rotted) was going to pass until she started crying on me. Brought it home and passed it on to TheGiven who harvested the boards to save a Gottlieb he was working on. He saved the PF for me and I'll hang it up as art.

#24 11 years ago

Thanks Robert. I recall your Night Moves plight...felt a little sad for your Night Moves but appreciated your kindness to the young lady. Now I know to cry if we ever have a pin negotiation.

I am in the process of moving (locally) right now, but after I get settled, we'll have to get together to share some pin playing.

Best,
PS

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinsounds:

While the play does not compare favorably to full size tables, it is still pinball so we definitely enjoyed it.

I respectfully disagree with this. Night Moves, given the year, has quite a bit of depth given the year and the type of machine. The mystery award is an awesome idea, that depending if you have just started a game with a low score, or are 10m deep, the awards may be worth little early on or could be huge later. The spinner when lit for the 25k is HUGE, and is always something to keep an eye on. The MB is super fast, and can stack up the letter bonus big time.

I have always thought that this machine is a very intriguing and well done machine that keeps its own with other machines or the same era. Not to mention the single BEST thing ever in a pinball machine – the displays (all of them) in the middle of the PF so you can see what is going on (again important for the mystery award) while you play.

I want a Caribbean Cruise as well. Check that layout out, and tell me the too looping flipper shots don’t look great. Leave it to Trudeau to be able to make a cocktail an interesting and playable machine.

#26 11 years ago

My wife wants a Carribean Cruise...I just said "Good luck with that, I've never seen one for sale." >_<;;

#27 11 years ago

Is this thing still for sale?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Is this thing still for sale?

Bill - I've got a Star Shooter cocktail (not working) that I just picked up this weekend. I just realized I'm not going to have the time to get it up and running. It fires up, but is not starting a game at this point. I haven't look at it beyond that. PF is nice. I sent you a PM about it.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I want a Caribbean Cruise as well. Check that layout out, and tell me the too looping flipper shots don’t look great. Leave it to Trudeau to be able to make a cocktail an interesting and playable machine.

It kind sucks (WAY too much random stuff, even though it has a great layout), but I also want one really badly. I went on a cruise in I think '99 on the Big Red Boat and they had one on board. I spent a LONG time playing it.

I VERY much regret not buying one NIB about six years ago for I think it was $350 because I didn't want to pay $250 more to ship it to me. Hindsight... ah well.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I went on a cruise in I think '99 on the Big Red Boat and they had one on board

how do you play pinball on a cruise ship? Won't the waves make the ball go all over the place?!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

how do you play pinball on a cruise ship? Won't the waves make the ball go all over the place?!

The Big Red Boat was a small cruise ship, but it was still so big that you really cannot feel the waves at all when you're on it. The first night we could, but they weren't extreme... and the captain noted that the sea was the roughest it had been in a year. The next three days... nothin.

I was there with my parents and was really surprised to find it, and I got pretty good at earning free games on it.

7 months later
#32 10 years ago

Hello,

Is your Night moves pinball machine still for sale?
Can you please let me know.

Thank you,
Len

#33 10 years ago

LOL...get in line, pal.

#34 10 years ago

It is not for sale anymore. I picked this one up in January

1 month later
#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

It is not for sale anymore. I picked this one up in January

still have it? how do you like playing it- just curious?

#36 10 years ago

Just sold one, 100% working, and in nice condition for $500. Fun game but does take up some room. I think they should be worth more - very popular at parties.

#37 10 years ago

It played well when I had it together. Right now I am doing a restore on it. I am in the midst of putting it all back together.

Night_Moves_1.JPGNight_Moves_1.JPG Night_Moves_2.JPGNight_Moves_2.JPG

#38 10 years ago

Queue the Bob Seger

#39 10 years ago

hate hate hate hate hate /envy.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

It played well when I had it together. Right now I am doing a restore on it. I am in the midst of putting it all back together.

i just ask because ive not played many cocktails befor and happened to pick up a fairly decent eros 1 and was pleasantly surprised- just seeing whats eles out there and how people like it.
great luck with the restore, lookin good.

#41 10 years ago

I think that carribbean cruise and night moves are by far the best cocktails. They have great sounds, and modes. Also they are the only ones that have multiball

#42 10 years ago

I play my CC more than most any other game I own and now I'm waiting for my NM to make its way to the house...

1 month later
#43 10 years ago

anyone have one for sale? near tx would be a plus.

#44 10 years ago

ive been lookingto grab one for around $500 for awhile and havent had any luck. lemme know if you have any luck!

1 week later
#45 10 years ago

Only 2 I've seen pop up lately were, 700 and 900. 700 one was nicer than the LED 900 one which had some wear on the PF. florida and boise are little too far for me especially at that steep a price.

#46 10 years ago

I'd probably go 600 on a nice one... looking for caribbean cruise too.

#47 10 years ago

losangeles.craigslist.org link

$650 seems steep but who knows anymore!

1 week later
#48 10 years ago

I emailed him, no response. There's a couple on ebay for ~900, makes 650 sound kinda nice.

3 years later
#49 7 years ago

What is a Night Moves worth now since this was a 3 year old post? Always interesting to see how much pinflation moved the pricing up on most titles but some just stay flat. One sold at the Pigeon Forge TN auction Saturday for 700.

#50 7 years ago

"Pinflation" really depends on the brand & game, I'd say this one probably still lies at around $350 for the average buyer, maybe more for a particular person who wants one badly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1989-night-moves-cocktail-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.