IMG_4734.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Then why are you so butt hurt about the price of the game you don't want being so high? who cares.
-c

Not butthurt, just bored, nothing better to do for now. Plus like I said I won't pass one up if it falls in my lap, but I'm not actively looking, Nikki changed what she wants. this popped up so I looked.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Nobody is "shitting", I really get tired of hearing that all the time - this is a discussion. We are all aware of the freedom to ask whatever you want for a game. We are also free to bat around commentary about condition of the game and what we feel the value is in a discussion thread. We'll even talk about what we suspect the seller's character to be. The sellers that don't want to hear the discussion can post ads in the marketplace and the spectators can simply drain the topic. The OP didn't seem too disturbed by all the bumping and publicity, either.

Does everyone know I have a Baywatch for sale? That thread could use some attention.

#103 9 years ago

I'll bump it for you.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

Does everyone know I have a Baywatch for sale? That thread could use some attention.

Should have priced it at $2500 to get teh same effect

#105 9 years ago

Got a drone to trade!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

yea, I saw it. But this thread is more fun.

#107 9 years ago

Does anyone know if this game works and what kind of condition it is in?

#108 9 years ago

Wait..there's a game being sold? I came here for an argument!
6a00d8345502cf69e200e54f4879b18834-640wi.jpg6a00d8345502cf69e200e54f4879b18834-640wi.jpg

#109 9 years ago

Much needed free bump

#110 9 years ago

Wish my old FS posts got this kind of attention..

#111 9 years ago

bump for a good seller

I've seen this game in person. His description and pictures are 100% accurate.

As for the price, I dont get why everyone is whipped up. If its overpriced, who cares. If its perfectly priced, who cares. If its underpriced I'd have strapped it to my roof when I was there last month.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Much needed free bump

I bet you watch msnbc.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

We all argue what "HUO" is, but really, what's "players condition"
I was always under the assumption that players condition is about average.

For me it means A beater pin that's tuned and plays well.

#114 9 years ago

Need to update the post.

IMG_4909.JPGIMG_4909.JPG

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

Need to update the post.

Congrats on the sale -- is it strapped to bintzknocker's roof?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I bet you watch msnbc.

There was a whole lot of wrong in this thread. You added to it.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Congrats on the sale -- is it strapped to bintzknocker's roof?

I should have when I had the chance! But then I wouldn't have been on top of the for sale ads for 2 days!

Did I mention I still have a baywatch...

#118 9 years ago

Dammit. Funs over. (Kicks the rock with his head down)

#119 9 years ago

what? am I the only one that is going to ask...

how much?

put this thread to rest properly.

#120 9 years ago

does the Baywatch happen to be fully working in players condition?

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how much?

No kidding.

I am surprised no one told the guy it was a $100 machine. Every time I price check a system 11 there are a ton of jokers that tell me they are $100-200 machines. Instead they were all screaming this thing was worth more than he was asking.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I guess you had a 1500$ taxi then, and was just doing another pinsider a solid ?

Yeah he was doing me a favor. It was a $1500 taxi and we are friends and I was begging for it for! Still have it and it has played flawless for last 2-2 1/2 years! BB knows the Taxi market he has been hunting for a while.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

There was a whole lot of wrong in this thread. You added to it.

Sorry. I can't respond to this right now.

When Harry Met Sally is on.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how much?

The other thing is the sale price

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

Need to update the post.

Congrats. You win the Price Police thread for the month of February.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

» YouTube video
The other thing is the sale price

so I will guess 1100 in that case.

#127 9 years ago

Looking forward to listing a Pinbot for sale at $1,500 in the near future.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

Looking forward to listing a Pinbot for sale at $1,500 in the near future.

I'll give you $500 and a basket of homemade cupcakes.

#129 9 years ago

Glad you sold it but what are all the housewives going to bitch about now?

#130 9 years ago

I hear there's a baywatch for sale, I'm not sure of condition though

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I hear there's a Baywatch for sale, I'm not sure of condition though

I could be wrong but I heard it was in fully working players condition lol.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so I will guess 1100 in that case.

I would have guessed pretend sale after all of this.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

is it strapped to bintzknocker's roof?

LOL - Nope.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

I would have guessed pretend sale after all of this.

More wrong.

#135 9 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. Just saying, so much hate, I have been feeling it needed to be put to bed somehow. lol. I'm hoping to find a Taxi in my area soon. $1050 was a fair price for this.

#136 9 years ago

I didn't buy it. Someone else did.

#137 9 years ago

He sells on the local craigslist too. Could have easily sold to a local non pinhead

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I didn't buy it. Someone else did.

Oh, so you just happen to have some insider knowledge of this sale, fair enough. For what it's worth I think the 1050 was a fair offer though.

#139 9 years ago

Rusty just happens to have insider knowledge on EVERY sale that ever happens! Don't mess with the lizard

#140 9 years ago

Why are people so weird about posting sale prices? I get you don't have to, but who cares? It can only help others who are trying to price games and find out what stuff is going for currently.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why are people so weird about posting sale prices? I get you don't have to, but who cares? It can only help others who are trying to price games and find out what stuff is going for currently.

I think once it sells it is the buyers option to share and out of respect for the buyer, most sellers don't post publicly what it sold for. If a seller does not care, then i have no problem sharing.

I have found that in a small community of collectors, some people will try to use it against you later/for their favor if they know what you bought a pin for. Heck some people in this thread have tried to buy games from me before and will say to me "I know you bought it for XXXX, so I will offer you XXXX" even though they could be completely wrong on what I originally paid for it and that has zero bearing on what the market may currently be or what work I have put into it to make it nicer.

In other words, sharing prices can have ramifications that are unwanted.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think once it sells it is the buyers option to share and out of respect for the buyer, most sellers don't post publicly what it sold for. If a seller does not care, then i have no problem sharing.
I have found that in a small community of collectors, some people will try to use it against you later/for their favor if they know what you bought a pin for. Heck some people in this thread have tried to buy games from me before and will say to me "I know you bought it for XXXX, so I will offer you XXXX" even though they could be completely wrong on what I originally paid for it and that has zero bearing on what the market may currently be or what work I have put into it to make it nicer.

I typically only buy pins that are broken too. It is a win-win that way and I know others are in the same boat. I get them cheaply and really enjoy fixing them.

I usually end up dealing with just a handful of people when selling games so if I were broadcasting what I had in them I would be lowballed all day long. I told my wife when I got into this hobby that I would only spend money that was generated by other pinball machines and I plan on sticking to it. So I have to at least break even on games to keep my word

That being said, I don't care to let anyone know what I have in a game and if I cant sell it as a result I will just keep it. lol.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, yes, and yes

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting. Starting to come to the realization there are a lot of eggshells to walk over in this hobby.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Interesting. Starting to come to the realization there are a lot of eggshells to walk over in this hobby.

For instance. I picked up a game a while back for $300. It had some issues with the boards that were causing it to not work properly. A person I deal with regularly offered to buy it after I had fixed it for $600. They knew what I had in the machine and that was doubling my money. I understand their philosophy and I would be doubling my money but the game is easy a $1000-1250 game.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

For instance. I picked up a game a while back for $300. It had some issues with the boards that were causing it to not work properly. A person I deal with regularly offered to buy it after I had fixed it for $600. They knew what I had in the machine and that was doubling my money. I understand their philosophy and I would be doubling my money but the game is easy a $1000-1250 game.

Yeah that is fine and I get where that person is coming from. But they also have to understand that you have a 1,000-1250 game and you would be silly to let it go for much less than that unless you were doing them a solid. I would never think this way though. If I knew what you paid for that game, and I knew it was a $1,000 game, I would offer you $1,000. Unless of course your asking price was $900 haha.

#149 9 years ago

Oh and another thing. If I get a game in fantastic condition for free, am I supposed to just give it to the next person for free? No way Jose'. I will ask a fair price for that game and see what happens. If no one wants to offer anything for it since they know I got it for free, so be it. I will keep it.

#150 9 years ago

just ignore the malcontents and you'll be fine. It's 1% of the people making 99% of the noise on here.

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1988-williams-taxi-1500-green-bay-wi-2/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.