Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51855-IMG-6237.jpg
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Oh man, can't contain my laughter on this one.At least your "Gorbie" doesn't look like this !!!!!!
Ebay link
He does however have the uber rare Marilyn flyer .......

What happened to Gorbie???

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

What happened to Gorbie???

It looks like he join the hair club for men.

#53 11 years ago

I think someone did a real hack job on him looks like Charlie Brown, and I also noticed the green rings around the jet bumpers...
At first I thought it was a European thing, but I don't think so...

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Oh man, can't contain my laughter on this one.
At least your "Gorbie" doesn't look like this !!!!!!
Ebay link
He does however have the uber rare Marilyn flyer .......

And I thought my "Jackpot" written with a Sharpie was bad.

#55 11 years ago

Gorbie just got a makeover, so what if he looks younger, has a hair piece installed and is forehead birthmark removed?! It's a new milenium dude!

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Gorbie just got a makeover, so what if he looks younger, has a hair piece installed and is forehead birthmark removed?! It's a new milenium dude!

If you are born with the map of Russia on your forhead, you should wear it proudly

#57 11 years ago

I have $1050 in my pocket right now. I'll drive over and give you that cash plus a fresh pressed Panchero's burrito with queso.... deal?

#58 11 years ago

Did Taxi ever get any Diamond Plate playfields? I know Diner did. My Whirlwind does..... Rollergames? It'd be nice to see how one has held up. Taxis get played a heck of alot.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

I have $1050 in my pocket right now. I'll drive over and give you that cash plus a fresh pressed Panchero's burrito with queso.... deal?

Sorry, not a big Panchero fan; or of low ball offers

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

Did Taxi ever get any Diamond Plate playfields? I know Diner did. My Whirlwind does..... Rollergames?

Yes, DINER, Rollergames and Whirlwind some did get DP playfields, not TAXI.

#61 11 years ago

I can't think of any earlier Diamond Plate playfields. '88 wasn't the year, I guess. Maybe a DP Bad Cats in there, too.

Post edited by vintageclub : typo

#62 11 years ago

Whirlwind, another great Williams system 11 game

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

Sorry, not a big Panchero fan; or of low ball offers

Ironically, this will sell a lot closer to the "lowball" offer than your ridiculous intial asking price.

#64 11 years ago

With respect, you shouldn't really list this as HUO unless you can prove it. It's all very well saying that the previous owner was the original but are potential buyers supposed to just take his and your word for it?

I suggest you take a bunch of high resolution pics and it'll sell according to its condition, HUO or not.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

I can't think of any earlier Diamond Plate playfields. '88 wasn't the year, I guess. Maybe a DP Bad Cats in there, too.
Post edited by vintageclub : typo

Games that came with some Diamondplate, some non:

Rollergames, Radical, Riverboat Gambler, Diner, Whirlwind, Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse, XR7 finish on a handful of Banzais and Earthshakers.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Ironically, this will sell a lot closer to the "lowball" offer than your ridiculous intial asking price.

Your previous posts show that you look for low hanging fruit. Your crystal ball is not crystal clear. I had a veteran pinsider who called and chastied me for low balling my original price. Everybody's looking for a bargin. He told me to steer clear of another site, because they are trolls, hmmm. I have seen $1200 Taxis that have issues. Trolling is like being an armchair quarterback, all it takes is a couple beers.

#67 11 years ago

Don't let them ruffle your feathers. Its a cool game and you'll get a fair price soon enough. I honestly don't mind games with a few issues because its fun bringing them to life, but yours looks to be pretty plug and play. Is the Pinside Market a bad venue for selling this thing? The Rapid City Craigslist is pretty active nowadays. I've sold arcade games on there plenty of times with good results. A few years ago it was a ghost town, but it has lots of activity all the time now.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

And he updated his asking price accordingly, no? So now there's a nice Taxi for $1800. Why is everyone hung up on what he asked originally? That ship has sailed. I think for the right buyer, this is a good deal. With the limited pics I have seen, it seems like a nice machine. If you played my Taxi at the Allentown Pinball Wizard's convention, I think the condition is similar, and that sold afterward for $1900 no questions asked.

I think the OP is doing thmselves a disservice by not posting quality photos of the machine for sale, as I think it could help justify the price ($1800, not $3000).

Chris

#69 11 years ago

We all know how big TNT is, and here he lists a "Rare" Marilyn Taxi, only 200 made for HOW much? $3999.00.

ebay.com link: Super Rare Williams TAXI Pinball Machine only 200 were made with Marilyn Monroe

Seeing that's he so large in the business, I think he would know there are definitely more than 200 Marilyn versions out there. I posted pictures in this thread from a site showing a "1988" Williams factory tour during the production of Taxi. Clear to see more than 200 being pushed out.

To Gonzo: I would suggest you obtain/take more detailed pics, as has been asked for. Offer pics of key areas like, rear of translite, under playfield, inside base cabinet, with the glass off, Etc.
This may be an always "Home Owned" as stated, but that doesn't mean it hasn't seen it's share of use.
Honestly, your price IS your price, what ever it is, but do us all a favor and post more detailed PICS of this game.
With any game I buy, "I'm all about" that game till I get it where I want it. I just bought a Marilyn Taxi over Thanksgiving.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

We all know how big TNT is, and here he lists a "Rare" Marilyn Taxi, only 200 made for HOW much? $3999.00.
Ebay link
Seeing that's he so large in the business, I think he would know there are definitely more than 200 Marilyn versions out there. I posted pictures in this thread from a site showing a "1988" Williams factory tour during the production of Taxi. Clear to see more than 200 being pushed out.
To Gonzo: I would suggest you obtain/take more detailed pics, as has been asked for. Offer pics of key areas like, rear of translite, under playfield, inside base cabinet, with the glass off, Etc.This may be an always "Home Owned" as stated, but that doesn't mean it hasn't seen it's share of use.Honestly, your price IS your price, what ever it is, but do us all a favor and post more detailed PICS of this game.With any game I buy, "I'm all about" that game till I get it where I want it. I just bought a Marilyn Taxi over Thanksgiving.

Check you're facts cowboy, and read the thread. This pin never had a $3,999 price. Go back under you're bridge

#71 11 years ago

Well cowgirl, check your contacts!
I was referencing the fact that TNT has one listed for $3999.00. BOTH of you, WERE and ARE priced TOO high. And neither of you know your facts about production, beyond what's printed on a website.
I'm starting to wonder, you really provide little backing to the condition of your game. How many surprises lurk under the hood?

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Well cowgirl, check your contacts!I was referencing the fact that TNT has one listed for $3999.00. BOTH of you, WERE and ARE priced TOO high. And neither of you know your facts about production, beyond what's printed on a website.I'm starting to wonder, you really provide little backing to the condition of your game. How many surprises lurk under the hood?

Crawl back under that rock on the hill. Troll...

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

And neither of you know your facts about production, beyond what's printed on a website.

The only people who have the "facts" aren't saying.
Outside of the original production team, it's pure speculation.

Quoted from HighSpeed1:

I posted pictures in this thread from a site showing a "1988" Williams factory tour during the production of Taxi. Clear to see more than 200 being pushed out.

Nine or so games block my vision. I'm sure it's safe to say the rest of the machines in that warehouse are Marilyn Taxis but I can't count beyond what is visible in the foreground. Most definately not clear to see more than 200.
I'm honestly not trying to stir up this debate as I've already expressed my stance in past threads regarding this subject. Untill a trustworthy source (Williams) provides proof, we will never know. And they aren't likely to offer any further information.

The revised $1800 price is not far fetched by any means if condition warrants it. Here's an example:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-taxi#post-34849
GLWS

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

The only people who have the "facts" aren't saying.Outside of the original production team, it's pure speculation.
Nine or so games block my vision. I'm sure it's safe to say the rest of the machines in that warehouse are Marilyn Taxis but I can't count beyond what is visible in the foreground. Most definately not clear to see more than 200.I'm honestly not trying to stir up this debate as I've already expressed my stance in past threads regarding this subject. Untill a trustworthy source (Williams) provides proof, we will never know. And they aren't likely to offer any further information.
The revised $1800 price is not far fetched by any means if condition warrants it. Here's an example:http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-taxi#post-34849GLWS

Thank you... You are breath of fresh air, as well as a gentleman from OK, whom I just off of the phone. I have a friend from Los Angeles (my home town) who manages a fly tying/fishing shop (another passion of mine and why I moved). He was constantly bothered by an individual who never bought anything, yet hung around and critiqued everything. He was known by everybody as "WHY DADDY???" The internet has made it easier to be a "WHY DADDY" without leaving the shelter and comfort of their bassinets

Love, The Cowgirl

#75 11 years ago

I think it's OK to keep stirring. It's all entertainment at this point. I would have to say with those factory pics, and the constant turn up of Marilyn games there had to be more than 200 made. Can the serial numbers shed any light on count? I also think that any Taxi game priced above $2,000 is a little unrealistic, unless it's still in the box.

Sincerely, The Cowboy
from his rock, under his bridge, faaaarrrrrr away from the glass houses in the world....

#76 11 years ago

You can ask anything you want but when that price is higher than the normal range for the title you can expect a few comments or being for sale for a while. Good pics help sell the item as well. Taxi is a great game and I am sure someone would love to have it.
Boston pinball has a sales summary that gives a good ballpark range for real selling prices.

#77 11 years ago

If you enjoy stirring the excrement, be sure to lick the spoon. I would hate for the chef to think it was too salty.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

If you enjoy stirring the excrement, be sure to lick the spoon. I would hate for the chef to think it was too salty.

Not stirring anything and good luck with the sale.

#79 11 years ago

Sorry cal50 not referring to you. Highspeed1 referred to stirring. Again my apologies, that I did not "quote" the stirrer. I was on the phone with a pin retailer while I made that post. The "why daddies???" I mentioned. He refers to them as the "nutties"; asking for all kinds of information with no intent. It is kind of like a dog barking and chasing a car. If the dog ever caught the car, he would not know what to do with it. Thanks for your well wishes.

#80 11 years ago

Also included is a NOS departure ramp with stickers. When I got my Taxi 9 plus years ago there was a small crack where Drac kicks out the ball. I was concerned, so I bought a spare. Over these nine years the crack is no larger than it was at the time of acquisition, so I did not find it necessary to replace.

#81 11 years ago

Todd at TNT is a wealth of information and knowledge... He has direct lines to the mfg's and is probably more authorative in this field than most. He told me that he acquired the ebay machine for a customer which he bought for $2,500. The customer lost his job, and cancelled the order (probably losing a deposit as well). They then went through and performed their magic on the machine, hence his price.

With this in mind, mine at $1,800 seems more than reasonable

#82 11 years ago

Maybe if you didn't respond to every bit of criticism like an ass you would have sold your game. It has been stated many times, post some good pics and just stop being so childish. Oh and welcome and GL on the sale.

#83 11 years ago

Wait are you saying Todd bought a Taxi for 2500???

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Maybe if you didn't respond to every bit of criticism like an ass you would have sold your game. It has been stated many times, post some good pics and just stop being so childish. Oh and welcome and GL on the sale.

I was accused of deleting posts, and another said it is fun to "stir". I gave as given... With regards to production counts and price. I went back and cannot see where I was an "ass"; as a matter of fact I believe I was gracious.

Thanks

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

You and I have a different definition of gracious.

Calling out regular contributors as "trolls" probably doesn't help much either.

Free bump and good luck with your sale

#86 11 years ago

If the spinout ramp is not broken, $1,800 is not a bad price.

I was offered recently $2,500 for mine (yes high), and it won't be leaving.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If the spinout ramp is not broken, $1,800 is not a bad price.
I was offered recently $2,500 for mine (yes high), and it won't be leaving.

My spinout is perfect, do you have contact information for the buyer???

#88 11 years ago

I don't believe this $2500 business.. it's my favorite game and i'd sell out for that

#89 11 years ago

I think this game would sell quickly if it's a well maintained, low-play, HUO machine. Unfortunately, the OP hasn't provided any detailed pictures to support the condition of the pin.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I don't believe this $2500 business..

You're right, I have reason to lie about that... If I'm not selling a machine there is no "unreasonable reasonable" price that will take it. Obviously $50,000 or a lesser but still crazy price would, but that wouldn't happen, hence my "unreasonable reasonable" offer notion. Taxi wouldn't go for even $4,000 if I'm not selling. I care more about having the machine than zero's in it's place. Just my philosophy, and I know many would sell for any profit. It's not about money to me, they are hard to come by, and after I'm done getting it playing right, the extra $$$ isn't worth having to do it again, even if I found another in great shape.

Maybe I'll willfully decide to move it in 6 months time. I probably won't get that amount for it, but oh well. I'm learned my lesson about selling a machine before it was time to go, and it was something I won't do again.

Quoted from Gonzo:

My spinout is perfect, do you have contact information for the buyer???

He is in Canada. He wants it all re-rubbered, LED'd and mechs rebuilt, which is why he wants mine. Does yours have that? As shipping it to Canada and going through customs will make your $1,800 close to $2,500, without all the other goodies if not.

#91 11 years ago

That's the beauty of America, ask what ever you want. The market will decide if it sells. Sounds very nice, good luck with the sale! Every taxi I have seen has been very very worn.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That's the beauty of America, ask what ever you want. The market will decide if it sells. Sounds very nice, good luck with the sale! Every taxi I have seen has been very very worn.

'merica!

#93 11 years ago

I had no problem shelling out $900 for my Marilyn version Taxi, with some significant playfield wear in certain areas, cracked spinout and some other minor issues. Face it: when it comes to buying & selling pins online you can take all the pics you want and a lot of stuff won't show up in the pics, and it is also likely you will miss something or two when at the point of sale until you start to dig into it. A nice almost HUO condition, regardless of actually HUO or not, I would have had no problem paying $1500 if I had the cash and opportunity. I'd say the $1800 is not too far off - if the actual condition, including under the hood, supports it. If you are not in a rush you'll likely get a sale.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I had no problem shelling out $900 for my Marilyn version Taxi, with some significant playfield wear in certain areas, cracked spinout and some other minor issues. Face it: when it comes to buying & selling pins online you can take all the pics you want and a lot of stuff won't show up in the pics, and it is also likely you will miss something or two when at the point of sale until you start to dig into it. A nice almost HUO condition, regardless of actually HUO or not, I would have had no problem paying $1500 if I had the cash and opportunity. I'd say the $1800 is not too far off - if the actual condition, including under the hood, supports it. If you are not in a rush you'll likely get a sale.

I agree about the pics, I asked my seller to take pic after pic because I was buying it sight unseen. There were a few things that could not be picked up by the pics, that the seller was aware of. I ended up buying an NOS Taxi MPU I found recently because the repairs to my current board were not the best. In any event I'm happy with my purchase because I still had a basis to go on. I think some good pics of key areas would offer all that's needed to understand if the game is anywhere near what it's said to be.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

I agree about the pics, I asked my seller to take pic after pic because I was buying it sight unseen. There were a few things that could not be picked up by the pics, that the seller was aware of. I ended up buying an NOS Taxi MPU I found recently because the repairs to my current board were not to my liking. In any event I'm happy with my purchase because I still had a basis to go on. I think some good pics of key areas would offer all that's needed to understand if the game is anywhere near what it's said to be.

I have sent pics to perspective buyers, showing them what they want. I don't need to post the pictures here for people's fantasy/virtual gameroom. And let someone who sees stirring as entertainment

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

I have sent pics to perspective buyers, showing them what they want. I don't need to post the pictures here for people's fantasy/virtual gameroom. And let someone who sees stirring as entertainment

And thats why its not selling…. sheesh.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

Actually, I wasn't talking to you!

Furthermore, I wasn't the one who referenced "Stirring". Read the thread !!!!

Since you are not posting PICs here, than maybe you should remove the AD!!!

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

I think it's OK to keep stirring. It's all entertainment at this point. I would have to say with those factory pics, and the constant turn up of Marilyn games there had to be more than 200 made. Can the serial numbers shed any light on count? I also think that any Taxi game priced above $2,000 is a little unrealistic, unless it's still in the box.
Sincerely, The Cowboyfrom his rock, under his bridge, faaaarrrrrr away from the glass houses in the world....

I read "I think it's OK to keep stirring. It's all entertainment at this point."

I see other FS here without 20 pics...

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from Gonzo:

SPeD66 said:

The only people who have the "facts" aren't saying.Outside of the original production team, it's pure speculation.
Nine or so games block my vision. I'm sure it's safe to say the rest of the machines in that warehouse are Marilyn Taxis but I can't count beyond what is visible in the foreground. Most definately not clear to see more than 200.I'm honestly not trying to stir up this debate as I've already expressed my stance in past threads regarding this subject. Untill a trustworthy source (Williams) provides proof, we will never know. And they aren't likely to offer any further information.
The revised $1800 price is not far fetched by any means if condition warrants it. Here's an example:http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-taxi#post-34849GLWS

Thank you... You are breath of fresh air, as well as a gentleman from OK, whom I just off of the phone. I have a friend from Los Angeles (my home town) who manages a fly tying/fishing shop (another passion of mine and why I moved). He was constantly bothered by an individual who never bought anything, yet hung around and critiqued everything. He was known by everybody as "WHY DADDY???" The internet has made it easier to be a "WHY DADDY" without leaving the shelter and comfort of their bassinets

Love, The Cowgirl

Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Sincerely, The Cowboy
from his rock, under his bridge, faaaarrrrrr away from the glass houses in the world....

The point really is, you posted a game for sale, and a few pics that didn't really do your description any justice. Many people have asked for more pics, in an attempt to see this always Home Owned games condition for themselves. You've referred to me as a "tire Kicker", and you're right, I really don't have any interest in this listing. And these perspective buyers, they have graced your palm with cash already to show their serious to warrant additional pics? When someone has something to sell, it's advantageous to appease everyone with their requests. Tire Kickers, fantasy/virtual game-roomers alike.

So basically with this reply:
I have sent pics to perspective buyers, showing them what they want. I don't need to post the pictures here for people's fantasy/virtual game-room. And let someone who sees stirring as entertainment

You are saying, here is my Home Owned game for sale, but unless you can prove to me that you are a perspective buyer, and not some "WHY DADDY" you are not entitled to any pictures.

Oh, and by the way, TNT suddenly is running a 15% sale on his listed Taxi. I guess $4,000.00 doesn't really scream I'm a good value buy !!!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to play a game of Taxi....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1988-marilyn-version-williams-taxi-only-200-made/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.