Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I found out that this pin is the 4th of its kind made and all portions match - head, cabinet and playfield.
Serial Number is 004 14311

Machine is in very nice condition and shows well. Everything works as it should and playfield is clean and shows little wear.
Normal marks on cabinet but they were almost all retouched. Not perfect by any means but looks good over-all.
Backglass is in nice shape with some minor flaking in a few areas but not noticeable from the front that much. Check pictures. Inside cabinet is very clean.
This pinball would be a nice addition to any collection and has a cool vibe to it with all the different sounds, chimes, calls, and voices.

What has been recently done to shop it out:
- playfield totally stripped and removed everything. Cleaned everything including ramps and replaced all rubbers.
- waxed playfield
- replaced all playfield upper lights with #47's
- replaced some playfield hardware with stainless
- all three balls replaced with brand new shiny types
- stripped and recoated the lockdown bar cabinet assembly
- stripped and recoated the playfield bar braces
- bead blasted and recoated the legs and replaced the levelers and feet. (It all looks fantastic)
- cleaned interior cabinet
- stripped and recoated speaker assembly inside and out. check the pictures!
- retouched some areas that needed on cabinet. (not perfect but looks good)
- battery mount replaced and lowered. I left a quick dismount if removing upper main board.

Areas that aren't perfect:
- center targets missing target fronts (2 of the 3) but function properly - see picture. I can replace and have a source if someone wants these fixed.
- spiral ramp has cracking in interior hole (typical problem for this game) but not noticeable unless you look for it and does not hamper function in any way
- blue pop bumper was never wired from the factory with a light. I left this alone but every other lights including flashers all work and look great. This pop bumper also has some damage but it functions fine.
- slight hum upon turn on but diminishes and fades - I was going to rebuild the power supply with a rebuild kit but haven't yet. Does not hamper game in any way.
- minor playfield wear under right drop. Also minor wear around rollover targets as it typical of these games. Doesn't look terrible though.
Some plastics are broken but mounted and look fine.

Game is very nice over-all - check pictures and thanks!

Check pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/FIoKq#38

#2 11 years ago

Sorry but it can't be sold without a location or price.

#3 11 years ago

Yes you're correct. Actually this was listed to elaborate more on the market place ad.
You can only list so much in that space. Thanks for pointing that out.
Asking price $1400.

Location Melbourne, FL

#4 11 years ago

Pictures???

#5 11 years ago

Go Panthers!

#6 11 years ago

Question. How do you know it's #4?
Are the DE pins all in numeric order based on completion in their serial #s?

#7 11 years ago

Check pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/FIoKq#38

I would also assume since the game is listed on the playfield as #004 and all numbers match in cabinet, and head that it's the 4th built.
I would assume since they're numbered also that they build them in that numerical order.

Thanks!

#8 11 years ago

"Serial Number is 004 14311"

004 is the model number, 14311 is the serial number.

Laser War = 001
Secret Service = 002 (I own)
Torpedo Alley = 003
Time Machine = 004
Playboy 35th = 005 (I own)
ect,,,,

On the ones I own you can that model/serial on all major assemblies including boards.

#9 11 years ago

If this is the case and I don't doubt your word then I stand corrected. Thank you

#10 11 years ago

Your welcome. For what it's worth I do not know how they come up with the specific serial number. My Secret Service is '002 8118' and they only made about ~2700 of them. Laser War was also about ~2700 so it is not like they added the totals othwise it couldn't be higher than 5400.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1988-data-east-time-machine-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.