Gottlieb Target Alpha 20.JPG
Gottlieb Target Alpha 22.JPG
Gottlieb Target Alpha 23.JPG
Gottlieb Target Alpha 21.JPG
Gottlieb Target Alpha 10.JPG
Gottlieb Target Alpha 13.JPG
Gottlieb Target Alpha 2.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have an OVER-THE-TOP Gottlieb Target Alpha - FULL High-End Restoration up for grabs. It's been full on Pimped!

Here's your possible "ONCE IN A LIFETIME" opportunity to own a fully restored Target Alpha. Machines of this caliber usually NEVER go up for sale and are traded among collectors only. This machine has been in the works for 6 months and has close to 200 hours of work in its restore process. The machine has very nice wiring and components. The backglass is nice with no fading. The cabinet was completely stripped down and sanded/prepped baby smooth. NEW paint, fleck and professional stencils were cut and then re-painted to look like it came off the show room floor. Close to $500 in NEW parts from PBR were installed. 30 hours of cleaning all contacts, mechs & gears which have also been lubed and adjusted. I only do high-end restore work here at Pinball Pimp and don't even bother with pinballs that are too beat up have lots of road rash. I'm sure the winning bidder will be very please to add this machine to his or her collection. These machines get harder and harder to come by these days, especially restored to this level. LOOK at the pictures below and you will see what a spectacular beauty she is!

The FULL GALLERY of 70 photos can be seen at the Photobucket below. If you have any questions, please feel to contact me!

YOU WILL NOT FIND A NICER TARGET ALPHA THAN THIS!
Here is a list of what upgrades & restorations have been done:

• Automiotive Clearcoated Playfield was stripped, professionally touched up and 4-5 coats of clear letting cure for 2-3 weeks between coats.
• All playfield inserts were leveled and playfield is as smooth as glass. It was cured for 6 weeks before a final wet sand and polish! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!
• NEW playfield plastics set, drop targets, pop caps, pop bodies, skirts, posts, acorn caps, lane guides, flippers, rubber, bulbs, etc. from PBR
• NEW Chrome Legs installed with New leg bolts & levelers.
• NEW metal leg protectors so the legs do not bite into the new paint.
• NEW Coils and Target Triggers
• Apron and shooter gauge were powder coated with new decal installed
• Stainless siderails were high speed polished
• All screws, bolts, metal posts and parts removed, rust dipped, cleaned and individually metal polished
• Internal mech/relay board was removed, cleared with new relay cards installed
• Coin door completely disassembled, cleaned and polished with new bulbs, coin inserts and decal
• Chime unit was cleaned and chimes polished
• NEW Coin Door Locks installed & metal backbox + New instruction cards installed
• All motor mechs, gears, drop targets & rotor units cleaned, lubed & adjusted
• Score Reels were individually removed and the 0-9 NUMBERS cleaned to nice white
• Complete cabinet re-paint with professionally cut stencils off the original cabinet scans
• Restored Coin Box and Original Manual, Schematics, Cards, etc. in original folder (not shown in pics)

PRICE: $4700

You can see FULL RESTORATION photos here:
http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/pinballpimp/library/Gottlieb%20Target%20Alpha%20FOR%20SALE?sort=9&page=1

Available for Local Pickup in Tampa, Florida. I will ship but buyer pays for all shipping and I will help make all arrangements if needed.

Gottlieb Target Alpha 2.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 2.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 10.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 10.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 13.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 13.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 20.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 20.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 21.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 21.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 22.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 22.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 23.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 23.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 29.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 29.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 36.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 36.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 39.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 39.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 47.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 47.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 58.JPGGottlieb Target Alpha 58.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Oh forget it! Look at that big dent in the back door!
(B E A U T I F U L)

#3 10 years ago

Over the top restore. Nice work!

#5 10 years ago

beautiful work.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the compliments guys. It really was FUN restoring this classic machine. I remember playing TA as a kid in a Danner's 5 & 10 back in Indiana when I was 10 yrs. old! I love the old "Bowling Alley" look of these old Gottlieb EM's. They bring back a LOT of good memories!!!!

For some reason, slideshow on Photobucket is only showing 24 of the 70 photos. Make sure you look at them thru the thumbnails. Jeff

#7 10 years ago

Great looking TA - good luck with the sale

#8 10 years ago

WOW>>> Really Really Nice.. Just played one recently...

#9 10 years ago

I've seen this game in person and it is even BETTER than in the pics.

Pinball Pimp does some great work! Buy with quality assured!

GLWTS!

#10 10 years ago

I've never seen a Target Alpha this nice. Incredible!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

I've never seen a Target Alpha this nice. Incredible!

They didn't make them that nice.

#12 10 years ago

I have had a lot of interest in the machine but it's still available. I would really like to make a deal with someone before the end of the year. If commissioned me or someone else to do this level of work, it would cost this much or more to have restored. Might be a damn long time before you ever see another TA pop up that's this nice!

PRICE DROP to $4700 obo!

#13 10 years ago

Really nice looking machine! Somebody is going to be very happy with it.

#14 10 years ago

Awesome, just awesome

#15 10 years ago

Machine SOLD this morning. Going to Denver!

Next machine FOR SALE will be a 1978 Six Million Dollar Man from my personal collection. FULLY restored with NOS playfield! I will have listed in a week or so!

Jeff

#17 10 years ago

NICE !

#18 10 years ago

Really nice game. Glad you got it sold.. May we ask .... 4k and or above. ????

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Really nice game. Glad you got it sold.. May we ask .... 4k and or above. ????

Yes.

#20 10 years ago

... you may ask.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1976-gottlieb-target-alpha-pinball-pimp-full-cq-museum-high-end-restore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.