• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jersey.jpg
WAFroYz.gif
Unknown.png
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I’ve decided to sell my Hobbit Smaug SE, and am asking $8,700. The details are as follows: I secured my Hobbit spot from a WOZ owner who was one of the first to reserve JJP’s second title. Per Jen, this Hobbit will be from one of the first batches produced which means an early delivery. Shipping is included so the price point of $8,700 covers everything. The previous owner paid a premium for the early production run, and I’m asking what I have into the game. PM me if you’re interested.

#2 9 years ago

This is a great deal actually since it will ship December 2014

#3 9 years ago

Aren't they still available for 7500 some places?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'd say around $8k + shipping is the cheapest for a new order versus an LE to SE conversion.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The Smaug SE was only being offered by JJP until December 31, 2014 for 9k plus shipping (unless you already have a pin reserved and at least $4,500 paid toward the balance).

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from ViperZ:

The Smaug SE was only being offered by JJP until December 31, 2014 for 9k plus shipping (unless you already have a pin reserved and at least $4,500 paid toward the balance).

JJP's site still offering them for 9k as of this morning: http://tinyurl.com/n7hz9p3

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

JJP's site still offering them for 9k as of this morning: http://tinyurl.com/n7hz9p3

These will be available for a while because distributors bought them...including JJPs own Pinballsales.com.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

These will be available for a while because distributors bought them...including JJPs own Pinballsales.com.

Quite true - but priced at 9k plus shipping and a late production run. My spot is $8,700, includes shipping and is from one of the first batches made.

#9 9 years ago

Is this thread a joke?

#10 9 years ago

early production run..i'd say....can't get any earlier than not started.

#11 9 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, prepare to be harassed if you thought you could make some money.

So he wants to put a premium on the place in line. Maybe someone will be interested maybe not. Is it the best bang for the buck? Certainly not, but you never know, a STTNG just sold for $8500

#12 9 years ago

If Neo buys it he can then sell his collection for 110K

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is this thread a joke?

What's funny about it? It's still less than you would pay for a game from JJP or a distributor. So why crap on this guy's FS thread? Base move.

#14 9 years ago

OP says he's "asking what [he] has into the game". What's the problem?

#15 9 years ago

The good news is they're supposed to be out before the last Hobbit movie.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

What's funny about it?

OP with no location, only 7 posts since September 2013. Can anyone vouch for the seller / validity of the sale?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

OP with no location, only 7 posts since September 2013. Can anyone vouch for the seller / validity of the sale?

As long as Jen vouches for the seller you should be fine.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

As long as Jen vouches for the seller you should be fine.

Which can easily be done. I verified the info posted with her a couple weeks ago when upgrading to the SE.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

I use Pinside for all that it has to offer...not just
Forum

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

OP says he's "asking what [he] has into the game". What's the problem?

I purchased it from a fellow Pinsider who paid a premium for a specific number, and I paid a premium to the seller for his early spot.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ViperZ:

Per Jen, this Hobbit will be from one of the first batches produced which means an early delivery

Early delivery relative to other pre-orders, but doesn't the fresh money from the operators get games off the line first? From what I read WOZ for operators got their games before the LEs were assembled and shipped. So I guess there's no guarantee your game will be in the first batches just because you have a low number. Unless I'm wrong?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Early delivery relative to other pre-orders, but doesn't the fresh money from the operators get games off the line first? From what I read WOZ for operators got their games before the LEs were assembled and shipped. So I guess there's no guarantee your game will be in the first batches just because you have a low number. Unless I'm wrong?

This was the first thing I verified before I purchased from said seller.

#21 9 years ago

Bump

#22 9 years ago

You can pay a premium for an early production date?? I thought it was 'first to pay is first to play'...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You can pay a premium for an early production date?? I thought it was 'first to pay is first to play'...

NO. He paid a premium for a specific number not a early spot in line. I paid the premium for that honor.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yep $5 and you move to the top of the queue. Unfortunately the next $5 from someone else bumps them to the top. Do nothing and you slip down the list heading for the last spot. It becomes a chore of continuously shoveling bills to JJP, just to tread in place.

You become a human hamster.

#25 9 years ago

are they shipping yet?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

are they shipping yet?

TH is scheduled to begin to ship Feb./March. Production was delayed in order to accommodate the last minute changes to the game design. It sounds like the game the OP has reserved will be out the door by the end of the second quarter. Not too shabby.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

are they shipping yet?

Yes!...they ALL shipped...you didn't get yours yet??

#28 9 years ago

Pre pay is for suckers

Unknown.pngUnknown.png
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Pre pay is for suckers

I'm prepaying for Hobbit. Does that mean that I'm a sucker? I wouldn't poke around in the hornet's nest, Ek77. I will verbally eviscerate you.

#30 9 years ago

You can always get a refund for the original purchase price.

#31 9 years ago

I will verbally eviscerate you.

#32 9 years ago

I'm prepaying for Hobbit. Does that mean that I'm a sucker? I wouldn't poke around in the hornet's nest, Ek77. I will verbally eviscerate you.

Wait, what? Are you being serious with that nonsense or was that toungue-in-cheek? "Verbally eviscerate you" LMAO

#33 9 years ago

op why not just get a refund and be done with it?

#34 9 years ago

I'm prepaying for Hobbit. Does that mean that I'm a sucker?

Yes

#35 9 years ago

Commence verbal evisceration. Popcorn is at the ready...

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Cuz he wants to make a few bucks instead

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Commence verbal evisceration. Popcorn is at the ready...

WAFroYz.gifWAFroYz.gif

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

A refund would only give me back the $7,500 that the original owner had purchased it for. I wouldn't even get the funds that he used to secure a specific number. Plus the extra that I gave him.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:Cuz he wants to make a few bucks instead

No profit. Just wanting to unload it 4 financial reasons and try to regain me initial investment.

#39 9 years ago

Sat BUMP

#40 9 years ago

I think the problem is that everyone that wants in on The Hobbit without playing it first are already in.
Hopefully you'll find someone that recently decides they want in. They will save a few bucks and you'll get what you want.

GLWS.

#41 9 years ago

I would have to say prepaying for anything you havn't played is a sucker move, yes. What would it hurt to wait until it's released ? wait until the code is fine tuned? There is 1500 LE's.....FIFTEEN HUNDRED. there is NO shortage of LE's. Take your time. Play the game...extensively. No harm in waiting. If your plonking down this much for something, you should make damn sure your getting your monies worth first. I could buy 4 of my cars for what this thing cost. I'm sure the hell going to play the shit out of it before deciding.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would have to say prepaying for anything you havn't played is a sucker move, yes. What would it hurt to wait until it's released ? wait until the code is fine tuned? There is 1500 LE's.....FIFTEEN HUNDRED. there is NO shortage of LE's. Take your time. Play the game...extensively. No harm in waiting. If your plonking down this much for something, you should make damn sure your getting your monies worth first. I could buy 4 of my cars for what this thing cost. I'm sure the hell going to play the shit out of it before deciding.

Wait, aren't you the guy who is selling his entire collection in bulk for 95k? And you're giving me unsolicited pinball buying advice? No thanks. And four cars for the price of Hobbit? Really? You must like driving jalopies.

#43 9 years ago

SUN BUMP

#44 9 years ago

What's this "specific number" that you paid a premium for?

#45 9 years ago

Wait, aren't you the guy who is selling his entire collection in bulk for 95k? And you're giving me unsolicited pinball buying advice? No thanks. And four cars for the price of Hobbit? Really? You must like driving jalopies.

Actually you should take some notes. Jalopies. Ha. last 3 cars I bought lasted 7 years, first had 350k miles on it and still sold for $500, second had 250k had it for 6 years, and last one had 210k on it, owned for 5 years only because it got smashed together by 2 huge trucks. So I have to say they ran pretty good. the one with 350k on it. Only thing ever to go wrong with it over the 7 years was the timing belt broke once.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

early production run..i'd say....can't get any earlier than not started.

first out loud laugh at the computer today- well played Neo

#47 9 years ago

You must like driving jalopies.

What's wrong with jalopies?

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What's wrong with jalopies?

Agreed. One of the biggest things that lose money the fastest, is a new car.

#49 9 years ago

Friday morning... BUMP!

#50 9 years ago

Is this Hobbit spot still available? If so, how? Great deal!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-%e2%80%93-hobbit-smaug-se-%e2%80%93-early-production-run-8700 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.