(Topic ID: 14274)

FRUSTRATIONS mount.. Ugh.. buying fiasco.

By jonogo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You sure you want a SlugFest? You'd have two pitch and bats then... I ask because I know of one that might be for sale. Also, would Chicago be to far of a trek for you? I may know of a Cyclone there as well.

The original "plan" I had was to clean up the Pennant Fever and sell it. But, I've grown fond of it. First pin I've ever owned.. AND its a prototype version. Just last night a friend pointed out that the pitch buttons appeared to all be wired and created differently. All the copper/brass/metal plates that made up the circuit contacts were cut in different shapes and they were all arranged differently. These little quirks are making me want to keep my PF.

However, SF offers more bells, more whistles, and card dispensing. I think it'd be a fun one to add. Yes, I'd have only 2 machines.. yes BOTH P&B.. BUT, I've got a little more cash to spend on this for the time and I plan to get 1-2 OTHER pins to add variety. SF is on the low end of my desire list.. so the price im willing to pay reflects that.

I'm actually looking at cyclone soon.. possibly today. The price is pretty decent, but nothing is set in stone yet.

alll that being said.. I'd probably drive to the end of the earth for the right price/condition. But with my recent debocle involving a business 3hrs from me.. I'd probably be overly cautious until I have a few successful long distance trade stories to out weigh that nightmare.

Feel free to PM me with ideas/offers/whatever.

⌡ΘπΘδΘ

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Ha! He's just a misunderstood space frog. And no, I'm not George Lucas. []

Meesah says you on summadummadat cracky crack that leia gave me if thatsa how you feelz.

Here's your misunderstood space frog...

#53 12 years ago

dupe post, Please remove Mods.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I even told my realtor, "I love pinball, so I need an awesome basement or detached garage/shed/mancave. Priorities, baby

That reminds me of a networking story I had. I was talking to my brother and the girl working my house mortage in 2004 heard me talking about pins. She asked if I wanted more. I said always need more so she gave me her parent number. They were moving to a smaller house since the kids were gone and had pins to sell. I set a time to visit and ended up with Blackout, Gorgar, and Defender (arcade) for $400. They had owned the machines since the mid 90's and they are in great shape. I was not sure of the prices at the times but he told me a price and I did not argue. granted the pins were not worth as much in 2004, but I did OK.

Sometimes just talking to ramdon people will score you something.

#55 12 years ago

Poor pics = red flag 1
Stopped replying to emails = red flag 2
Wanted half up front = red flag 3 (a couple hundred is more than enough of a deposit)
Didn't disclose the taxi ramp = red flag 4

You were right to walk away, but you should have after number 2.

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Poor pics = red flag 1
Stopped replying to emails = red flag 2
Wanted half up front = red flag 3 (a couple hundred is more than enough of a deposit)
Didn't disclose the taxi ramp = red flag 4

You were right to walk away, but you should have after number 2.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and all. The half up front was my "great" idea.. so can't really blame them for accepting it. Again, hindsight.

Thanks for the tips tho! Mucho appreciado.

⌡ΘπΘδΘ

#57 12 years ago

After you've been buying/trading for awhile you begin to get a feel for who is trustworthy and who is not. If they don't send good-quality pictures and they don't seem to care about that, that's a bad sign. And no game is ever "100%" There's always something wrong, even if it's something minor. I agree with what others say about dealers... you're likely to pay more and get less from them. The best deals are probably from the pinball shows.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

The best deals are probably from the pinball shows.

That's the next thing I shall venture out to do. I didnt go to MGC in Wisconsin and I'm regretting it. I'll more than likely go next year when it comes back.

#59 12 years ago

Dude just go over to al You should be able to get all those on your list for like 10g. Most of those are undesirable to most of the Mn Madness crew. When all else fails contact John Ross. Run from nabours novelty ecccck. Tell liberman to go to hell they offer nothing either. Mn House's some of the most massive collections in the country.
These prices are gonna be about average in the Twin City area.
) Police Force 800
2) Cyclone 800
3) Hurricane 800
4) TOTAN 4-6,000 pending shape
5) WHO dunnit 1,500-2,000
6) SlugFest 900

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dude just go over to al You should be able to get all those on your list for like 10g.

If only I had the cash to spend now.. I'm more in the 2-3k range for the moment. Over time, sure, I'd love to own them all

⌡ΘπΘδΘ

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Most of those are undesirable to most of the Mn Madness crew. When all else fails contact John Ross. Run from nabours novelty ecccck. Tell liberman to go to hell they offer nothing either. Mn House's some of the most massive collections in the country.

Thanks for the info, I've never dealt w/ nabours.. Liberman is usually priced high. I've talked to Al a bit, but haven't bought anything from him yet...

⌡ΘπΘδΘ

#62 12 years ago

You need to go to AL's with cash in-hand and purchase un shopped titles. I only suggest AL becasue you are new to the hobby and dont know any of the locals.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You need to go to AL's with cash in-hand and purchase un shopped titles. I only suggest AL becasue you are new to the hobby and dont know any of the locals.

Cool, thanks!

#64 12 years ago

If you can get Cyclone for under $1000 that is pretty good if in good shape. They seem to be higher at times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frustrations-mount-ugh-buying-fiasco/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.