9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I feel like every time I need to order parts, no one store has what I need. Inevitably I get hit with two or even three crazy shipping charges that end up being more than orders themselves. I'm not talking about game specific parts either. Just regular stuff. For instance, I am about to wire a custom topper, I need:

Wire
    Connectors
    Molex Pins
    Lamp Sockets
    LEDs

Ive checked BAA, Marco, Pinball Life, GPE. None have all 5 items. Am I missing some hidden secret store?

#2 9 years ago

Build an inventory and you eventually don't have that problem. Shipping can just kill pricing unless you bite the bullet and go ahead and order enough to create a small inventory of stuff for your future needs.

#3 9 years ago

Are you from the US? Check Madamusements?
    If not…..yup, it sucks! You should see my shipping to Canada!!! Like min 30$ no matter if it's a single lightbulb!

#4 9 years ago

Wire - buy locally (any harware store or auto store will have wire)
    Connectors - buy locally (any electronics store should have connectors that will work)
    Molex Pins - buy locally (any electronics store should have connectors that will work)
    Lamp Sockets
    LEDs

I agree with the above that it's best to buy a little of everything as you go along to help reduce the shipping problems. Try to find things locally though as I've found a lot of items can be had at local electronics and hardware stores.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frustration-of-pinball-part-shoppingshipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.