Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gjm7777
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LE_sellers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 2 years ago

That's the point of the LE. It's limited. Not everyone can get one and you have to pay extra for that little plaque. Sorry, zero sympathy for you poor soul fighting over overpriced pinball machines. Buy a premium. Not only will you save a bunch of money but you will have zero problems buying one.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

I believe you missed the point ... some of us don’t mind paying a little extra for what’s sure to be special limited run with a few additional features HOWEVER; when others who only seem to look at this as a cash grab, buy it and immediately put a price increase on it ... ugh ... it just puts a big damper on the hobby.

I totally get it. You want a pin but demand is high which makes it tough and expensive to get. It's no different than the classic pin market. Popular titles demand a premium and market full of flippers. On these older pins there are no other options. However, you do have options when buying nib. Premium is 100% same game as LE and cheaper. Pro sometimes plays better so worth considering. You can buy these without any markup. You can even wait a while for prices to settle and get LE used.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

"On these older pins there are no other options"
    On these older pins, there are PLENTY of options. This is still a great hobby if you want it to be. And it doesn't have to cost a lot of money.
    I look forward to playing Mando on location and wish for those who truly want to own this game the best of luck. Just dont let their bullshit affect you too much if it doesnt happen.

Totally agree. What I meant by older pins have no other options is that if you want a specific title you generally have to pay market value. If you want TAF but have only a T2 budget then that's just not going to work. You either need to save up more or buy a cheaper pin.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

All I can say is I’m glad I can’t afford an LE because it is a total shit show. Totally brings this hobby to a different level and it really is sad.

Another level? How? There is more to pinball than LE pins. LE pins are designed to be hot collector's items and people that buy LE pins demand exactly this. If anything, it shows pinball is doing pretty well when there are that many people fighting over $10000+ pins. If Stern increased the LE number to a high number to match demand fans would be upset. If Stern increased the price or did a lottery system to try to cut out scalpers, fans would be upset. LE buyers want this game because they stand to benefit and it makes it exciting. If you don't want to play the game then buy something else. Simple as that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frustrating-someone-grabs-an-les-and-immediately-post-for-sale?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.