You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Space-Time-pinside-Snippet-Work-01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I have a space time EM machine
I’ve been all around this abs started from not playing at all to one last problem

1 player plays perfect start to finish
As many times as you want to play

If you play 2 player it plays player 1 first ball
Then goes ball 1 player 2 but it finishes the game ball 2 ball 3 then game over on player 2 never switches back to 1st player

Also same if you play 3 or 4 player
4 player it plays first player 1 ball same as 2 same as 3 then plays all balls to finish on 4th player
Just never returns to start ball 2 first player and so on

#2 3 years ago

take apart and clean your player count assembly. clean thoroughly, do not oil the mechanisms. clean the contacts with alcohol and maybe some scotchbrite pads. make sure the arms that run across to the contacts are all tensioned so that the contacts are connecting as the arms move across the mechanism.

that would be my direction with a fix like this one.

c2s

#3 3 years ago

Here is a schematic snippet you should review.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

I suspect the the "Player up" unit"s stepper "reset coil" gummed-up or open circuit

Does it manually reset properly ?

#5 3 years ago

I have cleaned and checked all
It always resets to player one when a game starts no problem
I can play a one player game all day long
But as soon as I go more players it plays ball 1 then ball 1 next player and so on until it hits the last player 2 3 or 4 doesn’t matter which it goes to second third ball then game over on last player it never cycles back to player one ball 2 and so on

But hit start and it resets all as it should

#6 3 years ago

Maybe try cleaning the Jones plugs- especially the ones in the head that come from the bottom board.
They are the worst part of Bally EMs...

#7 3 years ago

Hi Nuttycivicsi
I support ArgosySK --- see the snippet - "green" is functioning - "red" is not. Greetings Rolf

0Space-Time-pinside-Snippet-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Space-Time-pinside-Snippet-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

I will check this
Thank you

#9 3 years ago

Yep that was the one the gray wire not a good connection it’s working
Thank you very much
I’m having a beer
Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 22.50
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frustrating-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.