(Topic ID: 99716)

Frustrating customer service with Marco Specialties. 20% restocking fee!

By penguinchicken

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail (1).jpg
    detail.jpg
    DSC04793.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider penguinchicken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I wanted to let everyone know of my recent run in with the customer service at Marco.
    Sorry to rant.

I just purchased a PinScore set for my Pin-Bot (should have stayed with X-Pin) along with several other items.
    Now, let me start out by saying, this is not my first or only order from this company. Including this order, I have spent $632.68 at their store over the past couple of years.
    When my new display arrived I was very disappointed when I opened the package, I really don't like the way the PinScore system looks when off, my tables are a part of my home, it is important how they look at ALL times.
    I decided to return it and buy X-Pin, why mess with finding and properly applying the same type of vinyl film that comes already installed out of the box with X-Pin? Right?
    I called Marco, long story short, they want a 20% RESTOCKING FEE! I suppose it was foolish on my part to assume that because I was very unhappy my purchase, that they would take care of a repeat, loyal and happy buyer. I suppose that kind of customer care is a rarity, Maybe I should try to talk Costco into getting into the pinball business!
    The call ended with the rep telling me "just install it, you will get used to it". I don't want to get used to it! These machines are works of art!

Pinscore OFF with no film
    DSC04793.JPGDSC04793.JPG

#5 9 years ago

I don't think I was asking for or expecting a "loan for a trial period". What I WAS expecting a quality product similar to the one I had purchased from another small business.

Yes, I suppose it is my fault for not reading the terms and conditions for returns on Marco. I accept that.

What I am talking about here is making your customers happy, I have been buying from them since I bought my first machine, and had planned to do so for as long as I am involved in this great hobby.

Isn't keeping a long term, repeat customer worth more than one restocking fee?

#6 9 years ago

The site shows what they look like when powered up.
    detail.jpgdetail.jpg
    detail (1).jpgdetail (1).jpg

#10 9 years ago

I should have linked this post to another I made this morning where I am asking what type of film others have put on the LED blocks to improve the look. I also should have listened to the voice in my head that said "you love the X-Pin, why are you trying another brand?"
    I realize I will keep this set, and make it work, the Marco rep was just not helpful, hell, if he had just said "Add a tiny piece of car window film with 35% transparency and it will look pretty good.A roll is about $10 at Walmart" that might have avoided my sniveling come apart!
    Yes, I am obsessing over this small detail, I have spent the last 3 months obsessing over many small details trying to restore a very far gone Pin-Bot back to a happy playable machine. This was the last step on a frustrating and difficult road.

#21 9 years ago

Ok, I give. Who am I do disagree with the angry mob.
    I just got back from the store with some 35%. looks ok, but I still want to know what X-Pin puts on their stuff. I'll see if they will tell me.

#24 9 years ago

I debated the more customary use of "uncle". My decisions are questionable as of late.

#27 9 years ago

X-Pin rules.
    I sent them an email this morning asking what kind of film they use, Brett got back to me and said he will send out a set for this system at no charge!

#36 9 years ago

I am over it. Really.
    I can admit when I am wrong, although this is the first time.

Boy everyone is hung up on the $600 thing. I never said Marco was the ONLY supplier I buy from!

Three of my pins are old crappy EM's, not much to spend on there. As for the rest, I do my pins just like everything else, on an uber-shoestring budget

#40 9 years ago

Uncle!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider penguinchicken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frustrating-customer-service-with-marco-specialties-20-restocking-fee?tu=penguinchicken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.