5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello all, Newbee here,

Where do you use frosted bulbs other than where visible on playfield? What are the best LED lights for backglass?

What is the best cleaner and glue for the lighted playfield inserts. They are loose and dirty on my 1973 Gottlieb High hand

Thanks for your time.

#2 5 years ago

Frosted led's in the backglass and playfield if your going to use leds on an older game imo, I use flex or smd for inserts….. and I wouldn't use glue on anything.

#3 5 years ago

You can get two part epoxy at harbor freight for a dollar or two, make sure you clean old glue off and rough up the plastic a bit where the epoxy goes with some 220 sand paper,make sure the insert will fit flush with playfield, and only add epoxy to the wood so it doesnt smear all over the playfield.

#4 5 years ago

Frosted are the only kind I buy; I use them everywhere.

#5 5 years ago

frosted in the backglass for sure, otherwise you get light points everywhere there is a bulb.

#6 5 years ago

If the inserts fall out, remove it and carefully scrape the glue off the edges with a knife. Remove any loose debris in the playfield where the insert goes.

I use Gorilla wood glue. The light tan type they sell. I get a rag damp with water and clean the inside edge of the playfield where the insert goes to make sure the wood edge is slightly damp. The Gorilla wood glue needs the wood to be damp to have the glue grip the wood.

Apply glue to the inside edge of the playfield with your finger and also around the edge of the insert. Make sure not to get glue inside the insert. I wait a minute and push the insert in making sure it's oriented correctly if it has text. Clean any glue off the top side if any squeezes out with a clean damp cloth. I run my finger around the edge to make sure the insert is flush. Every 30 seconds or so check again. If the insert feels like it's sinking down too far, reach underneath and push up until it's flush. After about 5 minutes it should be set enough and shouldn't move any more. Keep the edge clean of any glue that may come up.

After about 30 minutes gently get off any glue around the insert edge but don't push on the insert. Let cure overnight. Should be fine 24 hours later to clean and wax.

I had to do a whole Royal Flush that way and it's been fine. Better than having inserts fall out when lifting the playfield.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frosted-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.