(Topic ID: 8124)

Frosted balls

By SealClubber

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SC_Bash_Nov_26_11.JPG
    Nov_26_2011_temp.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Hosted a Bash at my house tonight. Had 7 people show up which was just about right with my wife and I. Don't think we could comfortably fit too many more down there. Pinsiders Litz, Twitchboy, Firebird and Absocountry were among the attendees.

Had the usual problems where things would break right when people wanted to play it, and then magically fix itself later, or not.

Also set up a mini-tournament on my Getaway about half way thru the night. Had everyone play 3 games and keep their highest score. Gave away a Pingulp to the winner. Got people playing again instead of talking.

Had a real good time.

IMG_3806.JPGIMG_3806.JPG IMG_3804.JPGIMG_3804.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Sounds like all had a good time. I hold a family tournament every year on the 4th of July and it is usually one on the best times of the year.

#3 12 years ago

SC, you got my son in both pics. He started his own profile on here (Pacbomb98) but he usually just looks as me. He had a great time as well. Thank you for having us all over. I am glad to see everybody was able to make it. Maybe we should only try this during the winter, seemed to help bring the guys out.

Is the title due to the temps? My house is 18 below right now. Took a picture of my car dash for the temp.

Nov_26_2011_temp.JPGNov_26_2011_temp.JPG SC_Bash_Nov_26_11.JPGSC_Bash_Nov_26_11.JPG

#4 12 years ago

Do you have box heaters on the pinball machines too?

#5 12 years ago

Looks like everyone had a great time. 18 degrees? already? brrrrrrr. Abso and SC, stay warm up there this winter.

#6 12 years ago

damn keep that cold stuff up there, looks like fun!

#7 12 years ago

I guess it's time to put the incandescent bulbs back in for the wintertime, eh SC?
    -18 degrees really sucks the big one! I can imagine that it only gets colder from here on out...
    Not to rub rock-salt on the wound SC buuuuuttt,
    Last night it was about 60 degrees! Brrrrrr!
    Right now as I type this it's a "chilly" 74 degrees...
    Have fun this winter pal!

Edit: Doh! That is a "negative" 18 degrees! (Sorry guys, my bwain doesn't process negative temps!)

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

SC, you got my son in both pics

Yeah, he was hoggin the camera.

It was minus 18 degrees.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

It was minus 18 degrees.

Nobody sees the minus sign, not used to that I guess.

#10 12 years ago

SC thanks for hosting another great bash! I had a great time. It sure was worth braving the cool -18 F temps and semi icy roads to get out to your place. You have a great lineup and I am looking forward to hangin' out with everyone again in the near future.

#11 12 years ago

Sealclubber, where did you get the Bally, Williams, Stern, etc street signs? I have been looking for similar items.
    thanks,
    Shawn

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Sealclubber, where did you get the Bally, Williams, Stern, etc street signs? I have been looking for similar items.

I like them as well. Very cool!

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Sealclubber, where did you get the Bally, Williams, Stern, etc street signs?

Sounds like you better take your location down and add a better alarm on the house.

#14 12 years ago

lol.
    I got them off ebay a while back. The guy was selling the Stern one and I had him also make all the manufacturers. I just don't have them mounted. Do a search for Pinball sign. anyone who makes custom signs can do it.

Found it. http://www.unkledesigns.com/

I had him do Gottleib St.
    Capcom Ct.
    Stern St.
    Williams Way
    Bally Blvd
    Data East Dr.
    Sega St.

#15 12 years ago

They have discounts on orders over 10, wonder if there is enough interest to get a bulk buy together. I am in, thats one.

#16 12 years ago

Those are "street" signs? I'd be in for one of each manufacture

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

They have discounts on orders over 10, wonder if there is enough interest to get a bulk buy together. I am in, thats one.

Hijacker! Just kidding.

Why don't you start a new thread with this so it doesn't get lost in here.

#19 12 years ago

Sorry for that. It's just a tribute to how cool your gameroom is

#20 12 years ago

No biggie. Just think a group buy should be in a separate thread.
    And thank you.

#21 12 years ago

Thanks for hosting, SC. Had a great time.

Nice to meet abso, Litz, Firebird, et al.

18 below is no problem. I'm a Michigan kid and I did college in the UP. Better than 100 and humid. You can only take so many clothes off

#22 12 years ago

Hey SC:

I feel left out! You didn't invite me to the party!!!

Your home really looks GREAT, not to mention the great lineup of pins.

Loved your signs!!! Might get me some too!

Thanks for posting the pictures. It's good to see people you know in their home environment having fun. You COULD have put a picture of 3.0 in there too!!! I bet he is growing!!!

Keep warm,
    Mike

#23 12 years ago

Lucky dog you have a Corvette. I want one. I see you have a HS2. How does the pair work out in a collection? I'm thinking of getting both too.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Hijacker! Just kidding.

Why don't you start a new thread with this so it doesn't get lost in here.

You are right. I was thinking that but got side tracked trying to paint the empty room downstairs. Trying to move the oldest downstairs so I can have his room upstairs.

#25 12 years ago

I'm glad the pictures were not what I thought they would be given the post header.
    Sounds like it was a blast well played SC.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Lucky dog you have a Corvette. I want one. I see you have a HS2. How does the pair work out in a collection? I'm thinking of getting both too.

Thank you. In a small collection, I think it is one too many. I am going to sell the Getaway even though I would love to keep it. I need to get my collection down to 6 pins and I have a buyer. There are just so many good pins out there and I have no room.

#27 12 years ago

When I read the title I totally thought there was a new type of ball out there. Either that or you met one cold Eskimo.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Thank you. In a small collection, I think it is one too many. I am going to sell the Getaway even though I would love to keep it. I need to get my collection down to 6 pins and I have a buyer. There are just so many good pins out there and I have no room.

All good. If you decide to sell the Corvette hit me up. I'm in saving mode right now but am looking to be a buyer in about 2 months.

#29 12 years ago

Who knew pinball was so big in Alaska? Props to your kid, absocountry, for wearing the Green and Gold.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frosted-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.