Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by karl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

How many Frontier owners out there, or you parts hoarders, would be in on a Frontier playfield if they were remade? This game has some awesome artwork, but happens to be a real pain in the ass to touch up properly. How much demand is needed for this to ever come to fruition? Production of 1,850 machines is on the low end, and how many have survived? I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if they were ever made.

#2 9 years ago

Me please!

#3 9 years ago

Nup, rarely see them for sale here

#4 9 years ago

I'd be in! Even a decent overlay would be a big step up for me. My game looks like a whitewood.

#5 9 years ago

I have a full NOS playfield scan in my Dropbox. Happy to share with anyone interested.

#6 9 years ago

Is it the same one Neo posted to the Vpin forum?

1 month later
#8 9 years ago

I'm in, just picked up a nice Frontier here locally. Has some ware up by the upper role overs but the rest of the playfield is pretty darn nice, backglass is perfect. Love this game so I would defiantly buy a new playfield, already on the list for new plastics from Planetary.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

I'm in, just picked up a nice Frontier here locally. Has some ware up by the upper role overs but the rest of the playfield is pretty darn nice, backglass is perfect. Love this game so I would defiantly buy a new playfield, already on the list for new plastics from Planetary.

Hey, congrats Layton! Thats a very neat game.

#10 9 years ago

Great score man!

#11 9 years ago

This is one of the games on my short list of desirables. It seems to me that it would be a perfect pairing with Stern Seawitch. Soothing wave background sounds sitting next to background cricket sounds. Odd artwork next to odd art work {PF for Frontier, BG for Seawitch). Single ball game next to single ball game. 1980 next to 1980. Fun, fast play times two. I would be tempted to buy a playfield with the hope I could find a complete game to go with it. Otherwise, I would have to follow the model of the "StarGazer-from-scratch" build project.

Steve

1 year later
#12 7 years ago

I am getting one very soon, but like so many others, there are wear spots, and lots of them.

Hoping that CPR will do a playfield run in the future. I guess we are not the largest club out there, but I guess they should have no problem getting 50 of these sold, at least.

Can't wait to get my Frontier, been searching for a long time and that was the reason why I went for one with subpar playfield.

Just hoping that it is working and plays good otherwise

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frontier-playfield-repros-whos-in?hl=pingball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.