Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

I have been with this company for my landline and internet for 28 years . 10 days ago my modem went out and they have failed every attempt to get it going including sending me a new one that doesn’t work. I have been lied to about being called back at least 4 times to fix it. I have been hung up on countless times after trying to resolve this problem. At this point I don’t know what to do. I haven’t been able to use my computer, stream TV shows on watch Netflix for 10 days. This sucks. Anybody else have problems with this company?

#2 4 years ago

Oh by the way it’s Frontier communications.

#3 4 years ago

When I had trouble with my ISP, I found www.dslreports.com for great tech help, info, tools, and answers.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Drop them and go with someone else, if that's an option!

#5 4 years ago

I live in a small town so they have a monopoly on us.

#6 4 years ago

You might try buying your own modem.
You could also try switching from DSL to cable (or the other way around) if they are different providers.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I feel your pain. We have Frontier, and due to where we live, we only get 1 mbps. That's right - 1. I have to roll my eyes when I hear people pitch about Comcast, Charter, or the others.

#8 4 years ago

1 Mbps wow... I think you might be better off tethering your connection to a smart phone.

#9 4 years ago

I have Dish bundled with everything else. No complaints there. They just won’t help me resolve this. I have been on the phone 10 times over this and nothing done.

#10 4 years ago

Visit the local office with bad hardware?
Get there 15 minutes before opening, if they are busy.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Uh! Don't get me started on Frontier! Their billing sucks and their customer service is the worst! And I thought Verizon was bad when I had them.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I feel your pain. We have Frontier, and due to where we live, we only get 1 mbps. That's right - 1. I have to roll my eyes when I hear people pitch about Comcast, Charter, or the others.

I had Frontier just for Phone service (this was after Verizon handed over everything to Frontier in my area) and they were horrible! And they kept raising the prices!
And this was at I time when money was short and my mom was deathly ill in the hospital! After things in my life got straightened up I told both Frontier and Net Zero to F&*# off and went to Charter. I ended up saving money in the long run on phone and internet and now I have cable for the first time.

#13 4 years ago

Their customer service is by far the worst I have ever dealt with.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I live in a small town so they have a monopoly on us.

That sucks. At some point they will reap what they sow when a new provider sees the need, moves into the area and everyone leaves them.

We have multiple providers here who fight over us. If they raise prices after the first year, you just call and threaten to switch and they lock you in at introductory prices for another year. I'm currently locked in for $38 a month for 400mb/s and the service is rock solid. Just down the road a half mile they only have one service and prices are more than double that.

#15 4 years ago

Frontier is fucking horrible. I stuck with them for years with 1-2 mbps speeds (sometimes worse) because my only other choice is Xfinity and I hate Comcast.

I finally couldn't take it anymore and switched last month. 75 mbps now with Xfinity and no service issues. I feel like an idiot for giving Frontier my money for all those years.

#16 4 years ago

I don’t know what kind of internet Frontier is but have learned satellite internet sucks. They’ll slow it down if they catch you using it! Rely on ATT cellular data since there is no cable available out where I live.

Be careful when ordering new equipment, especially Dish. They’ll lie and tack on another 2 year commitment when it comes down to replacing your worn out receiver!

#17 4 years ago

SUCCESS! I just got it fixed after calling them the 11th time. IT WORKS now. Hallelujah! Fuuuuck!

#18 4 years ago

Frontier can do no wrong compared to Windstream. Windstream is SO BAD one of their project managers doesn't even know what phone system a very large surgery practice I work for has. Literally no clue. They thought the account wasn't using an ACD, when in fact the practice was being billed for an ACD for months, it just wasn't set up. Now that it's actually set up and I showed the project manager it was live, STILL had no clue and insisted on charging an additional $40 per month to "upgrade" the account to a level they are already paying for. Thousands of dollars squandered for MONTHS due to Windstream's utter stupidity. And on top of that, Windstream gets extra to provide "concierge service" that just routes calls back to their dumb as rocks level 1 technicians.

Oh, and Windstream's stock price, a whopping $0.26 per share, plummeted after the company lost a major lawsuit with rumors of them going private. They have now filed for bankruptcy. The surgeons could sue.

Windstream has said coming up with that money would bankrupt it. The company’s shares dropped more than 50% in after-hours trading, and Uniti — which depends on Windstream for lease payments — dropped almost 30%.

Windstream provides cable in 18 rural American states. For 20% of its areas of operation, Windstream is the only option. So this might be a bit of a bummer for society.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I don’t know what kind of internet Frontier is but have learned satellite internet sucks. They’ll slow it down if they catch you using it! Rely on ATT cellular data since there is no cable available out where I live.

Frontier uses old copper telephone lines in our areas. The only other choice I have is satellite but I 've heard it's horrible and expensive as hell.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frontier-communications-sucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.