(Topic ID: 111934)

Frontier Club - Shirtless Men and Women only.

By Xenon75

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Clytor
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDB_J3_Wire_Colors_Bally.png
IMG_5498 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230929_160352811.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_6389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9446 (resized).JPG
5J5A9188 (resized).JPG
5J5A9189 (resized).JPG
5J5A9137 (resized).JPG
5J5A9032 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5J5A9015 (resized).JPG
5J5A8935 (resized).JPG
5J5A8763 (resized).JPG
5J5A8735 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #204 Link to Pinball Pimp Cabinet Stencils for Frontier Posted by Spraynard (5 years ago)

Post #231 Link to replacement CPR Frontier Backglass Posted by Tsskinne (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 7 years ago

Man.... I bought this game a few months ago.
It's been stored offsite and I've only gotten to play it sparingly.
I was actually debating whether ro sell it. I needed some space and also felt it's rules were not overly different from something like an Eight Ball (minus the extra 'Frontier' bonus collected during play).

Then I got Rick's email about the plastics the same day I was considering listing it... It must've been a sign.
And then I read this thread and everyone's enthusiasm.

Maybe I need to bring this machine home and give it a fair shake. Thanks guys

#114 7 years ago

Thanks Guys.
I'll be gaining a spot in my studio at work once one of my EMs moves out this week. Maybe I'll put Frontier in that spot. My team and I commonly stick around for an hour or so after work a few days each week and we put the machines through their paces. I keep about 4 tables there.

It'll be interesting to see how everyone likes it.

I'll post some pics once I get it on legs.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

If they are players they will like it. If they don't like tough games...like Flash Gordon/Paragon, they will not like it. Feel fortunate you have one

The current lineup in the studio is a FunHouse, Shadow, Joker Poker and a GTB Volley. Volley is moving out so Frontier can squeeze in.
None of them were players before I started this practice. A few of them regularly kick my ass now
I think it'll do fine. They seem to appreciate tough games and they loved Eight Ball when I had it here.

2 weeks later
#123 7 years ago

Well, I may be getting out of the club after all

As some of you know I finally got the Frontier properly set up and into the studio a few weeks ago. Me and my guys have been putting it to the test. It's not bad... some of the guys really like it, but I am really trying to love this game and can't. To me it has a lot of similarities to another game I love (Eight Ball) and the rules are similar. Not surprising since the designer is the same. Even though Frontier adds another layer of bonus over 8Ball, I just can't get into the gameplay; plus the sounds really grate on my nerves.

I probably won't sell it at first. I'd like to try and trade it towards some other games that are currently on my wish-list (+/- cash of course). If I can't shake anything good loose I'll likely bring it down to Allentown in a few months and put it on the free play floor with a price on it.

For now I'll just continue to play it and get my fill.
Guess everyone is different. That's pinball baby!

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Before you move it can you still post some pics of yours?

Sure.
Here's one I took recently when setting it up at the studio. I didn't grab a playfield shot but it has a bit of wear in the den of predators area. Glass is mint and plays perfectly.

20161228_163841 (resized).jpg20161228_163841 (resized).jpg

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Nice looking example....sure to draw a lot of interest if you do decide to sell

Thanks.
Hoping I can use it to unearth something from my wish list first... but we'll see.

1 week later
#129 7 years ago

Hey Guys... need a little bit of help/guidance here.
As you know I've decided to part with my Frontier but not really looking for cash at this point. Would love to get something in trade from my short list.
I've had a pretty decent offer from one pinsider but I have been hit with several others who seem to think I'm overvaluing this pin.

I figured a decent Frontier was at least in the $3K+ neighbourhood.
I know embryonjohn got one just a couple of months ago for $2400 in player condition and there's another up for trade right now for $3K with a worse playfield than mine. On top of that, I'm letting mine go only after repairing the small bit of wear it has in the blue areas of the den. The rest of the playfield is great, glass is perfect, displays are bright and the cab is decent (with a few hand touch-ups).

I have guys telling me stuff like "I passed on one for $500 a while ago" or "you're going to have to add a lot on top" (for machines also in the $3K+ range).

It has about half the production numbers of a Fathom or Centaur (which both sell for at least as much) and it's a highly sought after 'players' pin that always seems to find it's way into tournament play.

Am I out to lunch assuming that this machine should be $3K +/- in today's market?

All thoughts are welcome.
Thanks in advance

#134 7 years ago

Thanks guys.
To be honest, it's not like I'm having a hard time getting rid of this machine. I was just curious whether I was off base.
I made it clear in my listing that I would likely be bringing this machine into the US for Pinfest in Allentown so there would be no shipping issue for anyone attending the show or within driving distance. It's still 3 months away, but I figured I would put it out there and it also allows me to play it for a while longer.
Most of the offers I've had have been from guys also attending the show.

One of the machines on my short list was Stern BIG GAME and I already got a nice offer for one of those in seemingly great shape with enough cash on top to make it worth my while.

In the last week I have also found separate cash deals on a Stern NINE BALL and a Gottlieb GENESIS. With these other two machines also ticked off my list now, the Big Game offer is a no brainer.

I promised the Pinsider that I would send him some really good photos once I was done with the playfield and shop job and send him some video. So, as long as he's satisfied with the machine, I think it's a done deal.

Thank you to all for your comments. I appreciate it.

2 months later
#153 7 years ago

Getting close to wrapping up my shop job in preparation for bringing my Frontier down to Allentown.

I didn't feel right leaving the playfield wear on it so I did this spot touch-up. I think the next owner should be pretty happy with this. I've done a spot clear as well and knocked it down to blend into the rest of the playfield. A good polish and wax and she's gonna be right as rain.

Here's a little before/after:

20170415_000946 (resized).jpg20170415_000946 (resized).jpg

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That looks awesome! Great job!

Thanks! It came out pretty good.
Here's the final overall playfield shot.

I just replaced all the lane guides, installed a new center target, all new plastics and post caps and I adjusted a whole bunch of stuff. I'll test play it again tonight then take a bunch more pics once assembled and finally package it all up for the Allentown show.

20170418_233943 (resized).jpg20170418_233943 (resized).jpg

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where did you find one of these? I would like a spare and was under the impression they were tough to find?

This is probably the one you want (which is OOS)

http://www.pbresource.com/switches/bly-a3359-18.jpg

This is the one I used:

http://www.pbresource.com/switches/wll-a15330-4.jpg

The riveting is different of course, but I think it's acceptable.
Also, the mount underneath is also different, so you'll ave to make two new holes or, if you have an original mount, take apart the new target and move new parts over to the old base and tighten it all back up. Voila!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frontier-club-shirtless-men-and-women-only?tu=Drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.