(Topic ID: 111934)

Frontier Club - Shirtless Men and Women only.

By Xenon75

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Clytor
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDB_J3_Wire_Colors_Bally.png
IMG_5498 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230929_160352811.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_6389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9446 (resized).JPG
5J5A9188 (resized).JPG
5J5A9189 (resized).JPG
5J5A9137 (resized).JPG
5J5A9032 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5J5A9015 (resized).JPG
5J5A8935 (resized).JPG
5J5A8763 (resized).JPG
5J5A8735 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #204 Link to Pinball Pimp Cabinet Stencils for Frontier Posted by Spraynard (5 years ago)

Post #231 Link to replacement CPR Frontier Backglass Posted by Tsskinne (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captive_Ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats. Where did it come from?

Looks like Vintage Arcade Superstore in Glendale, CA....by the paperwork on the machine.

Congrats John.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Man.... I bought this game a few months ago.
It's been stored offsite and I've only gotten to play it sparingly.
I was actually debating whether ro sell it. I needed some space and also felt it's rules were not overly different from something like an Eight Ball (minus the extra 'Frontier' bonus collected during play).
Then I got Rick's email about the plastics the same day I was considering listing it... It must've been a sign.
And then I read this thread and everyone's enthusiasm.
Maybe I need to bring this machine home and give it a fair shake. Thanks guys

Yes, fair shake indeed. Put it next to Fathom to keep the mermaids in check.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks Guys.
I'll be gaining a spot in my studio at work once one of my EMs moves out this week. Maybe I'll put Frontier in that spot. My team and I commonly stick around for an hour or so after work a few days each week and we put the machines through their paces. I keep about 4 tables there.
It'll be interesting to see how everyone likes it.
I'll post some pics once I get it on legs.

If they are players they will like it. If they don't like tough games...like Flash Gordon/Paragon, they will not like it. Feel fortunate you have one

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The current lineup in the studio is a FunHouse, Shadow, Joker Poker and a GTB Volley. Volley is moving out so Frontier can squeeze in.
None of them were players before I started this practice. A few of them regularly kick my ass now
I think it'll do fine. They seem to appreciate tough games and they loved Eight Ball when I had it here.

Good to hear...noting the current line up...it should fit in just fine. Volley is a lot of fun too....not easy to lob the ball back upto the rollovers at the top to light another color.

3 weeks later
#127 7 years ago

Nice looking example....sure to draw a lot of interest if you do decide to sell

1 week later
#131 7 years ago

Drano, a lot, of course will depend on how quickly you want to sell the machine. This title, like many other early SS Ballys, is on the uptick, but if I had to venture a market value for yours, which is nicer than average....I would venture around 2100-2300 being within reason.

Maybe in Whysnow's neighborhood they are worth more, but shipping would put it over that price range to the buyer...I would imagine.
In conclusion, you should sell to his friends for $2850 and call it a day...unless you aren't in a hurry to sell.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I looked for 2 full years beforte finally pulling the trigger and got one shipped in from Canada 6 months ago. I think shipping was an additional $250.
My neighborhood when seraching for rare games is pretty much anywhere, lol.
Good luck in the sale Drano, locally I would not go a penny under 2500 and think that would sell quick if doinga cash sale.
Probelm with a trade is everyone always values their game higher.

Did you purchase the example that John Robertson at flippers.com was selling? That one was under $2K

#135 7 years ago

Always good to have something lined up before actual release of a machine...congrats on the trade. Looking forward to updates on your Fathom in the future.

#137 7 years ago

I'd send to HSA if they can restore. Would think they could handle that.....congrats on the pick up

6 months later
#168 6 years ago

Thanks to Chosen_S
I'm in the club!
IMG_1832 (resized).JPGIMG_1832 (resized).JPG

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Congrats. I would love to be part of the club. I'm itching to restore one.

Mine just so happens to be needing the restoration treatment

3 years later
#240 2 years ago

Shout out to Upkick Pinball for doing a playfield swap on my Frontier. Almost 2 years since buying a playfield from Ebay and getting it restored.....now its installed (with new lamp sockets) and made it home. So pumped!

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1778-upkick-pinball
https://www.upkickpinball.com/restorations.html#/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captive_Ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frontier-club-shirtless-men-and-women-only?tu=Captive_Ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.