(Topic ID: 111934)

Frontier Club - Shirtless Men and Women only.

By Xenon75

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Clytor
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDB_J3_Wire_Colors_Bally.png
IMG_5498 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230929_160352811.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_6389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9446 (resized).JPG
5J5A9188 (resized).JPG
5J5A9189 (resized).JPG
5J5A9137 (resized).JPG
5J5A9032 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5J5A9015 (resized).JPG
5J5A8935 (resized).JPG
5J5A8763 (resized).JPG
5J5A8735 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

Would love to see some pics of that when you're finished!

You will

#52 9 years ago

Love the game. Had two NOS Playfields and two NOS back glasses. One of the games went to Papa Headquarters. The other I kept for myself. Still have too many back glasses.

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.03.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.03.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.05.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.05.56 AM.png
#53 9 years ago

Love the game. Had two NOS Playfields and two NOS back glasses. One of the games went to Papa Headquarters. The other I kept for myself. Still have too many back glasses.

// Error: Image 371155 not found // // Error: Image 371156 not found //
#54 9 years ago

Another great early solid state game. I've enjoyed playing the one at Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons, CO near Denver and at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Show. It's a fun and challenging game and another one from the early solid state era I'd love to own.

#55 9 years ago

All this Frontier talk got me thinking, so I went out and bought one. I bet I'm in a select group now for people having this and Spirit.

#56 9 years ago

I could use one of those backglasses!

#57 9 years ago

Can someone suggest (or take a clear picture of) the proper MPU dip switch settings for a 3 ball game, and a challenging set up? I want the Frontier bonus to carry over from ball to ball.

I could also use the menu settings for full sound and game settings. I have a replacement MPU with no point of reference that is being installed so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#58 9 years ago

I love the crickets !

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Can someone suggest (or take a clear picture of) the proper MPU dip switch settings for a 3 ball game, and a challenging set up? I want the Frontier bonus to carry over from ball to ball.
I could also use the menu settings for full sound and game settings. I have a replacement MPU with no point of reference that is being installed so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Not in front of the game so not sure about DIPs, but setting 18 should be set to 03 to enable background sound.

#60 9 years ago

It's all in the manual here - http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/959/Bally_1980_Frontier_Manual.pdf

Setting 16, 17 and 18 (via the coin door test button) should all be set to 03. This will give you EB for EB, Replays for specials and turn on the background sound.

dip switches (this is how i have mine set - the manual explains what each of these controls)

31 and 32 both off for 3-ball

28 - on
27 - on
6 - off
7 - off
8 - off
14 - off
15 - off
16 - on
23 - on
24 - on
30 - off

#61 9 years ago

Anybody have a spare wide red center standup target? Bally part # A3359-18. Everyone seems to be out of stock.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

Anybody have a spare wide red center standup target? Bally part # A3359-18. Everyone seems to be out of stock.

I need this too - not happy to hear they can't be found...

#63 9 years ago

I suggest finding someone who has a spare Paragon playfield that can pull that part. It is what I did as it is the same part.

1 month later
#64 8 years ago

This is my 1st Frontier, had a friend/artist hand painting the head and cab with my boys on it0227131142.jpg0227131142.jpg

3 months later
#65 8 years ago

Has anyone in this club re-stenciled their cabinet yet? If so, did you make your own set or buy one? I am about ready to take this blue cabinet to the next level.

IMG_20150730_190759.jpgIMG_20150730_190759.jpg

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Has anyone in this club re-stenciled their cabinet yet?

I was about to link you to another post, but it was your own post, so I don't think that would do much good...

#67 8 years ago

Hey mot. Have you personally tried the ones from Twisted Pins?

#68 8 years ago

Not at all. Never done any decals, stencils, nothing.

#69 8 years ago

I love western themed pins. This one is definitely on my list.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

Quoted from Atomicboy:

I need this too - not happy to hear they can't be found...

Just joined the club, and it looks like I need one of these as well, if anyone has found them in stock somewhere.

4 weeks later
#71 8 years ago

Gonna list mine FS soon, moving and tired of dragging pins around. I posted a few pics awhile back in this club.

1 week later
#72 8 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

Gonna list mine FS soon, moving and tired of dragging pins around. I posted a few pics awhile back in this club.

PM sent, but guessing you've probably had a few others before mine.

6 months later
#73 8 years ago

Hi all !! I leave the link of my Frontier restoration, I hope you like it !! Pablo

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-frontier-full-restoration-playfield-backglass-and-others

#74 8 years ago

Id need a playfeild. If they remade it

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

They do not remade yet.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

you and me both (plus probably 40 others )

Any chance of CPR running it?

1 week later
#77 7 years ago

Damn do these ever show up for sale nearby????? On the dream list.......

1 week later
#78 7 years ago

Looking at the manual on IPDB for frontier there is no switch or solenoid matrices. Does anybody have a copy of them?

1 week later
#79 7 years ago

Bought a manual from pbresource. It contains everything.

3 weeks later
#80 7 years ago

I have joined the Frontier Club what a great game this is! I had no idea what to expect and only bought due to reading here on Pinside.

Here is the story of my Frontier purchase:

It was very late Friday night and I was browsing the different for sale sites in my neighbouring contrys. On the Dutch side there was a fresh add for 2 machines: Old Chicage and Frontier for 1.000€ no pictures. At first I thought no chance I will get the Frontier so I decide not to make contact. After 2 hours I come to my senses and make contact. Saturday afternoon I get a response: Old Chicago is sold but if I want I can buy Frontier for 750€ he also supplys 4 Pictures. I response right away saying I will take it no questions asked. Seller says fine buy first one to pay takes the game. I panic thinking I will miss this anyway since it takes 2 bank days to do the transfer. Seller suddenly takes hours to reply and I fear it is gone, turns out he is just not online very much. Then it hits me PayPal!!!! Surely seller does not have PayPal but 5 minutes later responds that a friend of his does. It takes me less than 2 minutes to Paypal his friend. 1 minute later sellere responds: Wow that was fast game is now yours. Can you imagine how Lucky I felt! the weekend after we drive 700 Km. to the Nederland to pick it up. When we get there it its just in such good condition I can not believe it. Only wear on playfield is on top where the ball hits the left ball gate. Full mylar and almost no air under the mylar. cabinet has a few scratches but really really good for being 35 years old. only bad is that backglass art is starting to let go of the glass. Luckily it is 100% intact with no cracks. Seller tells us that he has gotten calls from Sweden, Germany, Norway ect. offering more if he will sell to them instead. Being a true gentelman he tells everybody sorry but I made a deal and I keep my Word. We leave him very greatful that we got to take it home. Extreme luck but it does not end there. On same trip we also bought a Viking and that was our next stop. This seller had several machines for sale and even a few at another location. He also has one that is in a shop being cleand and gone through boards and getting new rubbers. Not a well known game he says so don't know if we know it. Turns out it is another Frontier! What are the odds? He is going to pick it up 1 hour later but we can not wait as we have one more stop to make. We agree that he will send Pictures when he pick it up later that day. 1 1/2 hour later we recieve 4 pictures of the machine. It had cost a Little more than expected to fix all Electronics so he wants 940€ for it. We end up agreeing on 900€ buying 2 Frontiers in 1 day. We had to leave the second Frontier with the seller and will pick it up in October. Picked up a Flash Gordon and a Bally Star Trek on the trip also. Great day!

#81 7 years ago

Here are the sellers Pictures of the first Frontier

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

#82 7 years ago

Pictures of the second Frontier

IMG_1712_(resized).JPGIMG_1712_(resized).JPG

IMG_1711_(resized).JPGIMG_1711_(resized).JPG

IMG_1714_(resized).JPGIMG_1714_(resized).JPG

IMG_1713_(resized).JPGIMG_1713_(resized).JPG

#83 7 years ago

Dang!

#84 7 years ago

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. It's a beauty.

#85 7 years ago

Amazing score. Great looking games!

#86 7 years ago

Great story , enjoy it and congratulations ,!!! Look at my story , if you want ...

#87 7 years ago

I just joined the club!

IMG_1718_(resized).JPGIMG_1718_(resized).JPG

#88 7 years ago

congrats to the new club members!

I technically joined the club but am awaiting shipment.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I just joined the club!

Looks like a beauty. I would love to take one of these off someone's hands.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I just joined the club!

Glad you found one!
Looks really nice!

You even have an intact center target!

2 weeks later
#91 7 years ago

Not sure if this is appropriate for the thread, but I need a -35 MPU (it is for my Frontier). It's been a while since I've bought a used MPU. Is there anyone regularly repairing/selling them that I should contact?

Thanks!

#92 7 years ago

Finally rounded one up. Looking for any extra parts anyone has laying around. Would like a much nicer BG and looking for plastics.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from noahpdavis:

Not sure if this is appropriate for the thread, but I need a -35 MPU (it is for my Frontier). It's been a while since I've bought a used MPU. Is there anyone regularly repairing/selling them that I should contact?
Thanks!

I would just do a WTB add, that's how I got mine.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Finally rounded one up. Looking for any extra parts anyone has laying around. Would like a much nicer BG and looking for plastics.

Speciality coin had a BG
+1 (503) 786-9200
At least six months ago they did...no clue if they still have it.

Good luck on plastics, if you find 2 please keep me in mind

2 weeks later
1 month later
#96 7 years ago

I scored a fully populated beautiful playfield with perfect plastics to go with my Frontier restoration. I wanted the entire machine, but it is coming from overseas. Once my restoration is done i will have a ton of extra goodies to sell. I had already purchased another used set of plastics that now gives me 3 sets. I will have a playfield, plastics, apron, and most mechs and wiring to sell once I am done. I will have everything at TPF.

1 month later
#97 7 years ago

Does anyone know if an overlay is available for Frontier?

1 week later
#98 7 years ago

I dont believe so...I know they have playfield protectors though.

1 month later
#99 7 years ago

heads up for Frontier owners.

PPS just put up the plastic sets. $99 plus shipping.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

heads up for Frontier owners.
PPS just put up the plastic sets. $99 plus shipping.

Nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frontier-club-shirtless-men-and-women-only/page/2?hl=tractordoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.