(Topic ID: 118012)

Front firing subwoofer or Down firing ??

By PlatinumPinMike

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I m looking for another subwoofer for my pins.

Any sound quality difference between down or front firing ?

I currently have a down firing sub and I love it.

Any opinions ?

Mike

#2 9 years ago

In theory it matters not, as very low frequencies are not directional. Some people choose them based on cosmetic appeal. The only consideration that is technically important is to make sure the speaker/port is not blocked. I have a front firing on a pin, and a down firing tucked behind furniture on my A/V system. Audibly, they are the same.

#3 9 years ago

Front firing ones look tacky imo. Down firing blend in better. I do not believe the sound is different. All about size and wattage.

#4 9 years ago

Thx guys , I think Ill stay with down firing as there is no real difference ...

Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/front-firing-sub-or-down-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.