Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mattyk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

From your experience, based on all the games you have played a sufficient amount of time on, what are the top three games you would have in your collection? You only get 3.

I’m new to the hobby, about 2 years, and I’ve gone through 8 games. I only have room for 3. I’ve had a system 11, wpc Bally and Williams, Data East and Stern. My current lineup of DP, JJP GNR, and TSPP is my favorite thus far and I can envision this lineup staying for a long time

What is your pick for a 3 game lineup based on your experience of pins through 2021?

#2 3 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

From your experience, based on all the games you have played a sufficient amount of time on, what are the top three games you would have in your collection? You only get 3.
I’m new to the hobby, about 2 years, and I’ve gone through 8 games. I only have room for 3. I’ve had a system 11, wpc Bally and Williams, Data East and Stern. My current lineup of DP, JJP GNR, and TSPP is my favorite thus far and I can envision this lineup staying for a long time
What is your pick for a 3 game lineup based on your experience of pins through 2021?

Maverick, Stern Star Wars, Mando. I've had 30 pins so far. These 3 are my favorites.

#3 3 months ago

I can have had and enjoyed many eras of games, but sometimes I think about the games that I bought more than once because I had to have them back because they were so fun... most of these have been some of the newer sterns.

But if I HAD to only keep 3 from my current lineup...
Supose it would be LOTR, JP and Surf Champ....yeah, that would be a good 3-game lineup for me

#4 3 months ago

1. Oktoberfest
2. AFMr
3. Led Zeppelin

I've come to learn deep rule sets aren't for me. I don't want marathon games lasting more than 15min. Although Oktoberfest is fairly deep, each mode feels very different than the last.

#5 3 months ago

I’m also pretty new to the hobby but have been cycling through games and getting out to play a good amount of others. At the moment I can only say my JP and DP feel like they will stick for a long time since they are just so great.

#6 3 months ago

Mando LE
MMR
IJ TPA

#7 3 months ago

Twilight Zone, Stern Star Wars, Metallica. Everyones tastes varies, so go to Expo if you can and play a bunch of games and pick your top 3. Can't go wrong.

#8 3 months ago

Addams,
Taxi or EATPM, I can't decide
MM or MB, I also can't decide

#9 3 months ago

Rick and Morty-just checks every box for me
Deadpool-my favorite Stern game-just a fun game that’s a fantastic shooter and code that’s just deep enough
TBL-dream theme for me and obviously for all the guys who are making it too. Has a chance to be the GOAT once code is finished

Honorable mention: TNA-new to my collection but yowza. Less is more!

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Your collection is great, I can see most people being happy with those 3.

I don't buy or sell very often so these 3 will be my collection for a long time.

1) JJP Wonka LE - pure awesome

2) Stern Star Trek Premium - love Star Trek as a theme, the pin is amazing

3) Cactus Canyon Remake - when it's finally released I'm getting one

Legends of Valhalla has got me interested but I don't really want to own 4 pins.

#11 3 months ago

IJ, 8BD, Big Guns

I’m close to 100 machines so that may change if you ask me again in the morning

#12 3 months ago

Almost impossible...

Out of my collection....?
1. Paragon
2. Nine Ball
3. Black Hole

3 out of all games that I've played alot....

1. Paragon
2. Attack from Mars or Creature Black Lagoon
3. Stargazer

Problem is I have 4 friends that have OG Attack from Mars, and 3 with Creatures.

So I don't need to buy those ever.

#13 3 months ago

1. Metallica
2. EHOH
3. LZ, GNR, or GZ. Haven't played gz yet, one is coming soon.
But 1& 2 are locks

#14 3 months ago

Capcom Kingpin, Harbor Lites, Sittin Pretty.

LTG : )

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Capcom Kingpin, Harbor Lites, Sittin Pretty.
LTG : )

Raise your hand if you just went and looked the last 2 up.

#17 3 months ago

MMr , Close encounters EM , Cosmic Princess

#19 3 months ago

LOTR
MM or MMR
JP

Three different but equally awesome games

#20 3 months ago

Theatre of Magic
Attack from Mars original
Creature from the Black lagoon

#21 3 months ago

Multimorphic P3 with Heist, Cosmic Cart Racing and Lexy Lightspeed playfields. Boom! Oh, actually that's 7 games so far (maybe more).

#22 3 months ago

MM, TZ, EHOH

#23 3 months ago

Something I’ve noticed for myself, and it’ll be different for everybody, is I need a bit of humor or fun factor/ light heartedness to fully enjoy a pin at home. Location can be different as I can’t always hear what’s going on. The other thing I need because I’m rubbish is a pin that you don’t lose too much progress when you lose a ball. I know a lot of people aren’t keen on TMNT but for me it’s just fun, you don’t lose progress towards the main modes when you drain and you don’t have to complete the modes to qualify for Final Battle, you just have to have played them, it only affects your score and not progress if you fail them. I love the layout of Elvira HoH and many would say it’s better for a new player than TMNT but the fact you lose all progress on the Haunts when you drain actually makes it very hard to progress through modes for a new/ casual player.

I’m also new to pinball so if I improve, no doubt my preferences could change dramatically but for now a fun factor and ease of progression on modes are probably my top criteria so based on that and on getting a bit of variety in layouts

MM- my favourite 2 flipper fan layout
TMNT- my favourite >2 flipper game
DP- my favourite ‘other’ not quite a fan layout

#24 3 months ago

Star Trek, The Next Generation

Lord of the Rings

Rick and Morty

#25 3 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Maverick, Stern Star Wars, Mando. I've had 30 pins so far. These 3 are my favorites.

I LOVE maverick. That would be the next pin I would get if I can make room for a fourth

#26 3 months ago

Today-STTNG, Star Wars LE, and X-MEN LE -would need to up to 4 so I could squeeze Ghostbusters LE in there!

#27 3 months ago

Lots of love for Mando-people are starting to see the light!

#28 3 months ago

Big Game
TWD Prem
GOT Prem

#30 3 months ago

IMDN,DP,LZ,with JP being an honorable mention .

#31 3 months ago

Prospector
Flash
Star trek premium

#32 3 months ago
#33 3 months ago

1. Funhouse
2. Oktoberfest
3. Metallica

Honorable mentions: Iron Maiden, Getaway2, Twilight Zone, Scared Stiff. They never get old

#34 3 months ago

Led zepp
metallica
MM Royal can you just eat 1 potato chip or have only 3 machines.I have tried it.Good Luck.

#35 3 months ago

Jurassic Park (Stern)
TMNT (Stern)
Mando

#36 3 months ago

JJP GNR
Game of Thrones
Deadpool

#37 3 months ago

Funhouse
Adams
Theater of Magic

#38 3 months ago

Firepower
Sorcerer
Flash Gordon or bk2k

#39 3 months ago

The actual games I'd pick don't matter. They would have to rotate no matter what. 3 games isn't enough to keep me happy. I could be happy for a while, but then they would get stall and I would need fresh blood.

Because it is only 3, that makes it much more difficult. One would have to be a classic. It would switch between SS and EM over time. But that type of one level game would need to represent. Those kind of games are the best to compete on. Setup correctly game times will be reasonably short.

The other 2 would have to be modern. There isn't a single modern game that does everything, so I'd have to have 2. One of them would need to be a "Quest" type of game. Where doing something cool is the main objective, not points. The other would need to be a "Quick Hitter". Something I could just step up to and play, that isn't too complex. So I guess I would fill this out as:

1. SS or EM (Rotating).
2. Quest type Modern Game.
3. Quick Hitter type Modern Game.

Then I need a big basement where I could store 10 other games to rotate them in and out so I stay happy

#40 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The actual games I'd pick don't matter. They would have to rotate no matter what. 3 games isn't enough to keep me happy. I could be happy for a while, but then they would get stall and I would need fresh blood.
Because it is only 3, that makes it much more difficult. One would have to be a classic. It would switch between SS and EM over time. But that type of one level game would need to represent. Those kind of games are the best to compete on. Setup correctly game times will be reasonably short.
The other 2 would have to be modern. There isn't a single modern game that does everything, so I'd have to have 2. One of them would need to be a "Quest" type of game. Where doing something cool is the main objective, not points. The other would need to be a "Quick Hitter". Something I could just step up to and play, that isn't too complex. So I guess I would fill this out as:
1. SS or EM (Rotating).
2. Quest type Modern Game.
3. Quick Hitter type Modern Game.
Then I need a big basement where I could store 10 other games to rotate them in and out so I stay happy

Yep I agree with all you say. Especially needing a bigger basement lol. Gnr for me can be a really quick game. I’m not a great player. Deadpool is my medium length game, and Simpsons is my quest game. I’m sure these will get rotated out eventually.

#41 3 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

JJP GNR
Game of Thrones
Deadpool

I have been wanting to play GOT for a while. One day…

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside